Match Thread: Forlorn Forest Vs Ipswich, sponsored by Vera Lynn | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forlorn Forest Vs Ipswich, sponsored by Vera Lynn

In the first half we knocked it around OK but didn't play with any tempo or passion. Ipswich were poor too. Despite the slow tempo, we still created a few decent chances (one, 1 on 1, 4 half chances) but failed to take any of them. There is zero confidence up front. Then, as is usual for Forest, Ipswich scored a sloppy goal with their first meaningful attack!

Ipswich actually played much better at the start of the second half, winning several corners and having a couple of good chances. The game could have gone then. Forest huffed and puffed and finally won a penalty, which Brereton showed great courage to step up and score. Even then, it went in off the inside of the post! Relief all round. I had the feeling then, with the confidence flooding back, that we'd get another, and so it proved. A lovely cross from the right by Darikwa, who i thought had a good game, and a cracking volley from Lolly! Incredible! Bridcutt looked a player when he came on; he ought to keep his place. Both fullbacks were much better today. Tactically we are lacking and it's the manager's job to create a philosophy and a spark in this team. Where is it? What is it? Over to you AK...

Don't agree at all that the players weren't playing for him- not sure how you got that impression.

That was a bunch that were on their arses confidence wise and with nowhere easy to aim for. They have forgotten how goals are scored.

We were the better team by far until they scored. I think they scored their first real attack. After that I thought Ipswich controlled the game and looked the better side until the chaos at the end.

It was desperate stuff. Far worse than the other night. We were absolutely hopeless up front, totally devoid of any quality. Every ball went into the box with only Brereton standing still and not moving towards it. No one else was even going into the box. Counter-attacking is a joke- one player breaks and attempts to take on he entire opposition on their own because Brereton doesn't have a clue where to run to and because Tomlin is so slow we would need to take a 5 minute break for him to get forward.

Brereton needs some time out. He missed one of the easiest chances I have seen and his dive was absolutely shameful, and came from him recieving the ball in a shooting position, taking it the wrong way (he did that Tuesday too) and the diving to cover it up.

Absolutely no quality from either fullback again, both are very poor there and as a consequence we are no threat on the wings whatsoever.

That was simply not good enough. Desperate stuff.

Massive changes need making up front because I can't remember a poorer forward line ever. I'd take Eugene Dadi at the moment as he would at least win a header once in 90 minutes.

In my opening post I got the nature of their goal spot on even if I got the player wrong. It was a truly pathetic goal to concede.

Glad I didnt leave at half time (not that I would have) as it was great to win so late, though I still feel like we lost as it hasn't sunk in yet.

Virtually mathematically safe now. We can't be relegated on points anymore. Bolton are 9 points behind us with only 9 points to play for and 15 goals behind us. Worst case scenario is a mission to the Macron to not get absolutely battered

Good to see Bridcutt- I thought he was excellent for his 20 minutes

I thought Guedioura was not as good as Tuesday but was in the wrong position- he should have been in Watson's place. I would like to see Watson and Bridcutt in a 4-2-3-1 and would be tempted to replace Tomlin with Guedioura or anyone else, as Tomlin is too slow to be of use.
Pope what i meant was that it looked like when players r not playing for the manager...the truth is that they r simply not good enough...nd what worries me that no matter what formation we play tge end result is still the same...confusing nd headless performances...Bridcutt was good in the few minutes on the pitch...cant understand why he remained n tbe bench for so long...Tomlin was adudsapontment again...no use of keep playing him now...we r safe...let our players have a run of games ..

Just got home and realised i left my phone on the train , luckily my mate from Gt Yarmouth found it and will send it to me but still bloody annoying but lucky he found it i suppose.
I left on the 85th minute and missed both goals, typical.
However my youngest son had his first football bet for a fiver and won 185 quid.
Shit game just glad we somehow scored and won.

I'm a Gueddy fan but thought he played a few aimless balls into nowhere without even looking where he was playing it.
Poor today.

Perhaps it has something to do with the shit posted? You have a bit of a laugh, you're a clique. You go off topic, it gets moved. You talk football it ends up on politics or a row between CP and A.N Other

Perhaps it has something to do with the shit posted? You have a bit of a laugh, you're a clique. You go off topic, it gets moved. You talk football it ends up on politics or a row between CP and A.N Other

You do have a point bud.
Which is more than Ipswich have ........oi oi !

Crap day turned into a goodun for me. Was stuck at work all day and when I left we were losing.

I get home to find forest had won and derby had lost and dropped out of the playoffs.

To top it off I had a tenner on tiger roll at 12s! ?

Can we stop the season now please ? From our perspective we’re just playing off the matches.... not a lot to see here

I had this one wrapped up a day early ORF

Yes you did. I phrased my post badly, actually meant that I was late in clocking onto the forum. But in addition I also meant that luck does play a part at times and in general we haven't had a fair share over the season. All of a sudden we've clicked for a bit when it matters most. Could be that the gloom will possibly lift a bit with some of our players and I don't need telling that it's about time too.

:thumbup:

To be fair it’s very rare you can fault Osborn for effort. Couldn’t go yesterday so did he look like he was starting to understand the full back role a bit more?

To be fair it’s very rare you can fault Osborn for effort. Couldn’t go yesterday so did he look like he was starting to understand the full back role a bit more?

Not really, no.

He's crap at defending and atrocious positionally at defending. But you also lose most of the drive and precision that makes him effective going forward