Match Thread; Forest Vs Cue Pee Arrgh Sponsored by snow in April | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Forest Vs Cue Pee Arrgh Sponsored by snow in April

Wednesday are now 6 points off Birmingham and with a better goal difference than them (and also Coventry, in the place above Birmingham. Now that goal difference is worth a point, and since Preston have turned it round, my prediction is that 2 of the current bottom 3 will go down, plus somebody from in the spaces up to, and including, Huddersfield. Everybody else, including, just about, Blackburn, is safe. Although I think Forest are safe, I think they will beat Bristol City and confirm that next game, whereupon the likes of Mbe Soh, Lyle Taylor etc can be given a run out. Forest are, however, mathematically out of the play- offs............
Derby’s games don’t look easy, except for maybe Birmingham at home.

There was probably a very good reason for that; if the players up front are not moving there is no one to pass to.

He has been a very good player at this level for a while now; there has been better players but not too many with his level of consistency.

His contract is up in June
I know he is 31 but i wouldn’t be averse to getting him in if we had some younger players around him.

FFS!

You just cannot admit being wrong.

Both of those statements are perfectly true; unfortunately they have fuck all to do with the original point.

The original point was obviously hyperbolic but we'd also obviously be in a better position if we'd kept him than not.

The original point was obviously hyperbolic but we'd also obviously be in a better position if we'd kept him than not.
I think Warburton is pretty much the most polarising manager we have had in recent history. There were some who wanted him to carry on and thought he would have kept us up and brought us on and there were others who thought he needed to go before he relegated us.

We will never know now but he does have QPR in a decent position while being limited to some degree because of the FFP ruling. Whether he will be able to take them further will be the question and it will be interesting seeing what the QPR fan comments will be in light of the defeat.

Someone like Warbs would’ve been a good choice & someone worth sticking with. Warbs wasn’t the right manager though, he was useless at organising the defence, was shit at signing players & once we’d been figured out he had no idea how to change anything.

I think Warburton is pretty much the most polarising manager we have had in recent history. There were some who wanted him to carry on and thought he would have kept us up and brought us on and there were others who thought he needed to go before he relegated us.

We will never know now but he does have QPR in a decent position while being limited to some degree because of the FFP ruling. Whether he will be able to take them further will be the question and it will be interesting seeing what the QPR fan comments will be in light of the defeat.

With a back four of Lichaj, Mancienne, Mills and Traore there was only one place we were heading; the sad thing was he was the only one who did not realise it.

He should have been put out of his misery two months earlier.

They got off very lightly with the FFP sanction; 22m of the 42m fine was existing debt which Fernandez had to write off without the option of converting it to equity.

They effectively got fined 17m plus 3m costs which they will have paid by now.

I will give him another season at QPR and then he will be gone; I dont think you will hear too much of him after that.

The QPR fans had very little to say about him.

With a back four of Lichaj, Mancienne, Mills and Traore there was only one place we were heading; the sad thing was he was the only one who did not realise it.

He should have been put out of his misery two months earlier.

They got off very lightly with the FFP sanction; 22m of the 42m fine was existing debt which Fernandez had to write off without the option of converting it to equity.

They effectively got fined 17m plus 3m costs which they will have paid by now.

I will give him another season at QPR and then he will be gone; I dont think you will hear too much of him after that.

The QPR fans had very little to say about him.
I think had he sorted the defence he may have got more time although whatever was happening in the background may have put paid to him anyway.

I think you could be right. If he fails at QPR his next job is likely to be league one at most.

I am honestly curious how QPR fans feel about him. I found him abrasive and stubborn and despite the football he tries to play, he didn’t have a plan b and couldn’t seem to set up a side to battle when needed. Brentford fans seem to remember him fondly but Rangers and most Forest fans tend to be glad to see the back of him. As I say, interesting to see what QPR fans think now he has had a bit of time there...

To be honest I don't think Taylor has cut it here and will probably be on his bike this summer. Not really a championship player in my eyes, from what I've seen of him anyways. ( certainly can't see him being part of a push for promotion next year)
I think hes more of a threat than Grabban despite Grabz's goal today. Sure he hasnt set the world on fire but we were bloody awful then when he was in the side and since weve had more creative players in there weve had donkey Grabz n Murray in most of the games and theyve scored how many? about 3 or 4 between them this year?
I stil thought even today wed have been good with a real number 9 in the side. If we want promotion then at this moment Id say neither of them are up to that

I think had he sorted the defence he may have got more time although whatever was happening in the background may have put paid to him anyway.

I think you could be right. If he fails at QPR his next job is likely to be league one at most.

I am honestly curious how QPR fans feel about him. I found him abrasive and stubborn and despite the football he tries to play, he didn’t have a plan b and couldn’t seem to set up a side to battle when needed. Brentford fans seem to remember him fondly but Rangers and most Forest fans tend to be glad to see the back of him. As I say, interesting to see what QPR fans think now he has had a bit of time there...

I think Warbs is mediocre/average overall. Give an average manager support and time and he will make a fist of it, whatever his style to a degree. He's not a Bielsa or a Mourinho tho is he? Same as CH I guess

Abrasive and stubborn is an understatement.

Johnny Metgod was on the Board at that particular time; when Metgod pointed out to him that the defensive frailties threatened to undermine his work he went into belligerent mode; he was offered money to sort it out in the January window but he threw his toys out instead.

I think Warbs is mediocre/average overall. Give an average manager support and time and he will make a fist of it, whatever his style to a degree. He's not a Bielsa or a Mourinho tho is he? Same as CH I guess
Don’t think you can compare Warbs record with Hughton unless you are just having a dig...?

Hughton has a great record in this division and has managed in the Prem. What has Warburton actually achieved?

Abrasive and stubborn is an understatement.

Johnny Metgod was on the Board at that particular time; when Metgod pointed out to him that the defensive frailties threatened to undermine his work he went into belligerent mode; he was offered money to sort it out in the January window but he threw his toys out instead.
That’s what I seem to remember. He was offered players and money to bring players in but pitched a fit while trying to collect more midfielders.

He did have it right with McGinn, absolutely, but a policy of just trying to outscore the opposition rather than actually stopping the opposition was always going to be risky and cost him in the end.

If he manages to take QPR forward and mount a challenge then fair play to him but we will see.

They could still have a points deduction as well
What does Wayne Rooneys derby mean? Does he actually own derby instead of mad Mel ?
I have heard the term over and over again but what does it actually mean?
Never really figured that one out, oh well

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56668745

Queens Park Rangers striker Charlie Austin has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.

The charge relates to his behaviour in the 43rd minute of the R's 3-1 defeat at Nottingham Forest in the Championship on Monday.
The incident involving the 31-year-old, who is on loan from West Bromwich Albion, was missed by the match officials but caught on video.

Austin has until Thursday to provide a response to the charge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56668745

Queens Park Rangers striker Charlie Austin has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.

The charge relates to his behaviour in the 43rd minute of the R's 3-1 defeat at Nottingham Forest in the Championship on Monday.
The incident involving the 31-year-old, who is on loan from West Bromwich Albion, was missed by the match officials but caught on video.

Austin has until Thursday to provide a response to the charge.

Wonder what his dad's got to say about all this?