Match Thread; Forest Vs Cue Pee Arrgh Sponsored by snow in April | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Forest Vs Cue Pee Arrgh Sponsored by snow in April

To be honest I don't think Taylor has cut it here and will probably be on his bike this summer. Not really a championship player in my eyes, from what I've seen of him anyways. ( certainly can't see him being part of a push for promotion next year)

Not great but don't think we've played to his strengths either

I don't think anyone above mid table in the Championship would take him on as their first choice striker even for a nominal fee... just not good enough in my opinion.

He was one I was hoping we'd 'miss out' on but had a bit of optimism when we did sign him; I wasn't totally against signing him in the first place.

We got Taylor at a time when our recruitment was on its arse. Hopefully we are a bit better organised now? Soon find out.

In terms of the league I would rather not see Wednesday winning but fuck it, we are almost safe and watching Cardiff get murdered is funny! 😂

I really enjoyed our game too so it’s been a good day. We looked like a decent team in the second half, certainly closer than we have been for a while.

Looking forward to the QPR fan comments...

Wednesday are now 6 points off Birmingham and with a better goal difference than them (and also Coventry, in the place above Birmingham. Now that goal difference is worth a point, and since Preston have turned it round, my prediction is that 2 of the current bottom 3 will go down, plus somebody from in the spaces up to, and including, Huddersfield. Everybody else, including, just about, Blackburn, is safe. Although I think Forest are safe, I think they will beat Bristol City and confirm that next game, whereupon the likes of Mbe Soh, Lyle Taylor etc can be given a run out. Forest are, however, mathematically out of the play- offs............

Looks like BOXT sponsorship deal is a winner.

Bannon looks a different player from earlier in season. Whenever I have watched Weds this season, Bannon always passed sideways. Today he passed forward and quickly. Helped having two upfront plus other runners.

"No the conversation was about if we would have improved under MW"

No, is the easy answer; the data suggests he would not have improved us, although I have a feeling in this instance the data will be deemed irrelevant; I wonder why?

His signings were bad, our defending was abysmal and the football painful to watch; he should have been fired two Months earlier when it was patently obvious he was out of his depth.

"Given our respective positions and expenditure the answer is clearly yes."

Its a nice try but our respective positions today, have no relation to what happened three years ago, and the same applies to expenditure.

What do the supporters of Clubs he has previously managed have to say about him?

I have a feeling you will not bother with that exercise in this instance.

Read Soccereconomics for the data.

We were 14th, and we are now? Big improvement.

You're right spending 150% of income on wages to fight a relegation battle is indeed a sign that our transfer strategy is much improved.

I really enjoyed our game too so it’s been a good day. We looked like a decent team in the second half, certainly closer than we have been for a while.

Looking forward to the QPR fan comments...

The side is definitely evolving, particularly on the attacking front.

Mighten is improving steadily, particularly with the positions he is taking up; not only is getting closer to Grabban which is something we have been needing for well of over a season now, but he is creating space for the full back to attack.

Both full backs have looked decent going forward recently; Christie has got his confidence back and is performing consistently well, and Blackett has been pleasantly surprising and looks a real threat going forward, although he needs to brush up a bit with his defending.

Keeping Mighten's development in house was a good move and it is clearly paying off; the coaches have clearly been working on his defending and positioning, facets of the game which he would probably have missed out on if he had gone out on loan.

You can imagine that not too many League 1 or 2 managers would pass up on the chance to use Mighten's pace and would have had him chasing balls over the top for 90 minutes.

The prospect of having Mighten and Johnson buzzing around a competent forward is something to look forward to.

Looks like BOXT sponsorship deal is a winner.

Bannon looks a different player from earlier in season. Whenever I have watched Weds this season, Bannon always passed sideways. Today he passed forward and quickly. Helped having two upfront plus other runners.

There was probably a very good reason for that; if the players up front are not moving there is no one to pass to.

He has been a very good player at this level for a while now; there has been better players but not too many with his level of consistency.

His contract is up in June

Read Soccereconomics for the data.

We were 14th, and we are now? Big improvement.

You're right spending 150% of income on wages to fight a relegation battle is indeed a sign that our transfer strategy is much improved.

FFS!

You just cannot admit being wrong.

Both of those statements are perfectly true; unfortunately they have fuck all to do with the original point.

There was probably a very good reason for that; if the players up front are not moving there is no one to pass to.

He has been a very good player at this level for a while now; there has been better players but not too many with his level of consistency.

His contract is up in June
I’d take him.