Match Thread: Forest Vs Cue Pee Arr sponsored by Noah's Ark | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Cue Pee Arr sponsored by Noah's Ark

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
QPR was always one of anxiety because of our record against them. While you were always confident of beating them at home because we always did, it was becoming a monkey on our back because of how remarkable the run was.

A cheating piece of shit, a gullible ref and a poor bit of set piece defending later and we no longer have that record. This is a run of the mill championship game now against a club and set of fans I have always liked and had a lot of time for.

The Warburton factor makes this a bit more spicy. The bloke seems to enjoy emphasising his "surprise" at being sacked here. My feelings towards him are well known and I don't think there has been a forest manager since Platt that I have personally loathed more. Another comfortable win against his side would be very welcome.

Style

We all know this. QPR are a possession side (whose possession stats are not that impressive at 52% average) who pass accurately (but only 3% more accurately than we do at 78%), who are crap in the air (but better than us), have loads of shots per game (12.7, slightly less than us) and score bucketfuls of goals (only 6 more than us) while also conceding loads (yep- 58, joint second worst in the league and 25 more than we have).

Characteristics below;

Screenshot_20200220-222326_Samsung Internet.jpg
QPR will play a standard 4-2-3-1, especially away from home. It will look a lot like this;

Screenshot_20200220-222449_Samsung Internet.jpg
I particularly liked the "playing in their own half" bit. Will be delighted to see them pass it around their defence aimlessly winding down the click if we score.

And the reality is that against QPR, we should score. Anyone should. It isn't hard.

Players

Screenshot_20200220-222504_Samsung Internet.jpg
It's always nice to see a club's top scorer being someone who isn't with them any more. The loss of 13 goals from Nahki Wells will hurt any club. They have other scorers but it does tighten them up a bit.

So up front duty goes to Jordan Hugill with 10 goals. Whoscored is not especially flattering to Hugill, listing him as having no particular strengths. He is however a tall set piece threat who wins nearly 4 aerials per game (the only forest player who comes anywhere near this is Dawson). He's no mug and will be a threat to us.

Their outstanding player is Eberechi Eze, a highly talented attacking midfielder who has zero chance of still being a QPR player by August. He is happy on any side but predominantly plays left, he has 11 goals, 6 assists and an 87% passing accuracy, which for an attacking player is ridiculous. He is a brilliant dribbler, good at long shots and free kicks and can put in a good cross. He is the key threat to shackle; if he has a bad game, so will they.

In the centre is Ilias Chair, a 22 year old Belgian who has 5 assists and 3 goals. Through balls are his thing.

On the right will be Bright Osayi-Samuel, another 22 year old who is English. He is another good dribbler, but is much easier to knock off the ball. With 5 goals and 4 assists he is a threat.

It seems obvious that we could really do with having Sow in this game. The SoWatson partnership will have fun putting these delicate dribblers on their arses; I'm not that keen to see what happens with the less effective Yates forcing Watson to do all the work.
In "defensive" midfield they have an old and young show: young Luke Amos (22, two goals) alongside the 34 hear old Geoff Cameron, an American who is a crap passer. I didn't know they still had footballers called Geoff anymore.

In defence they have the 73 year old Angel Rangel at right back. I think he made his debut for Swansea back in the early 80's didn't he?

Their left back, Ryan Manning is one of their best players though so it will be interesting to see him compared to Cash. Their central defenders are shit, as 58 goals conceded shows. I really hope we make Carvalho available. This is a game for him.

Form
QPR won their last game well against Stoke, coming from 2 down at home.

But after the customary impressive Warburton start to the season they have had the customary Warburton fade, losing 7 of their last 12. Of their last 20 they have won just 5 (losing 11, to keep up his customary 50%+ loss rate).

They have lost 5 of their last 6 away games, drawing 0-0 at Swansea in the last one.

They have beaten an eclectic mix of teams: Leeds at home, Millwall away, Wednesday away. They are no mugs, but for the most part they concede nearly 2 goals a game while we concede 1. That is their problem.

Weather
The game could start with 40 mph winds settling down to 20mph for the majority. The good people at BBC suggest the game will be on

Glad to get back to football. Noted the comments by billic- hope the forest players have as well. 3pts for us would keep billic and the arsehole that is wba twitching.

Another load of cockney slaaaags to put in their place.

I don’t get how they hung on to Eze either, weren’t they fined for FFP breaches or is that just forgotten about because they’re from facking owed Landarn tawn?

Thanks Pope. Some nice facts in the post. Mention of Eze, who several are interested in which puts price tag up but the more interesting mention is Ryan Manning. 23 coming along nicely. Be interested in watching him as we always require more cover at left back. Bong is panic stop gap. Manning can also play midfield which suggests he can pass a ball. Has an extension on contract till 2021 so may be available for a small fee. Havn’t seen too much of him so only what I have read. After game be interested in fellow punters view. Possibly one to watch.

Another load of cockney slaaaags to put in their place.

I don’t get how they hung on to Eze either, weren’t they fined for FFP breaches or is that just forgotten about because they’re from facking owed Landarn tawn?

Me and you Yorkshire boy, Waitrose carpark!

I'm more confident now that the Popester has started the match thread. We usually win this season when he does.

I'd love 3 points tomorrow!

Cracking thread. Much better than the normal shit that is served up.

Apollyon - Saying you lot are rubbish.
Slagging all you lot off.
I was going, Apollyon's shit.
He got aggressive and I went berserk.
I went Apollyon is a little slug with no personality.

Cheers Pope.

Surely, you had to loathe Megson more than Warburton?
Nope.

Felt for Megson to an extent. He talked a lot of sense and said nothing offensive. Inherited a side 6 points adrift, about to sell its two best players and with an (alledged) massive drinking culture. Promotion was won largely with the spine of players he signed in L1; Clingan, Breckin, Bennett, Tyson. Couldn't turn it around but I think he turned it around for the next bloke who IMO was nowhere near as good.

For Warburton I developed a very personal loathing. I thought he talked utter bollocks most of the time. I hated how be got shirty as soon as he heard a question he didn't like. I hated watching us pass it pointlessly around defence while 0-1 down.

I thought his signings were shite (and they were), I hated him for being so shit as to put us in massive danger on the last day of the season and generally thought he was a total charlatan

Nope.

Felt for Megson to an extent. He talked a lot of sense and said nothing offensive. Inherited a side 6 points adrift, about to sell its two best players and with an (alledged) massive drinking culture. Promotion was won largely with the spine of players he signed in L1; Clingan, Breckin, Bennett, Tyson. Couldn't turn it around but I think he turned it around for the next bloke who IMO was nowhere near as good.

For Warburton I developed a very personal loathing. I thought he talked utter bollocks most of the time. I hated how be got shirty as soon as he heard a question he didn't like. I hated watching us pass it pointlessly around defence while 0-1 down.

I thought his signings were shite (and they were), I hated him for being so shit as to put us in massive danger on the last day of the season and generally thought he was a total charlatan

We've been much more amiable of late, so I'll let this one pass...

Nope.

You must have been the only one feeling sorry for megson. I will give him the half time team talk by fans, catastrophic but memorable. Not sure any other team has that?

Nope.

Really don’t understand the hate for Warburton. The football and signings dislike is completely understandable, but as a bloke I thought he was completely harmless.
He didn’t deliver the football his talk or time at Brentford promised, but I do think he tried.
Don’t remember him being particularly shirty and other than not being successful, I have nothing bad to say about the bloke.