Match Thread: Forest Vs Cue Pee Arr sponsored by Noah's Ark | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Cue Pee Arr sponsored by Noah's Ark

we are basically running the whole season on 11 players and they've had a a very tough run, lots of games and some really huge efforts against the other promotion chasing sides one or two also carrying knocks. We haven't the squad size in quality (January looks a bust) we've got a solid 1st eleven but the back up is just not promotion chasing quality, we need carvhallo and one or two others to step up and help out. We could also do with some bloody luck, the last 2 games could easily have been 6 points instead of 2 with a competent ref.

As much as has done for us SL really needs to do shoulder the blame for these last two home games. Diakhby is absolutely awful and to start him today instead of carv is shocking and then to bring Ameobi off instead of him gets worse.

For all the good sl has done this season, he really needs to shoulder the blame for some bizarre subs/selections at times

For all the good sl has done this season, he really needs to shoulder the blame for some bizarre subs/selections at times
We say this about every single manager bar none.

I would question what the Introduction of Yates was supposed to do.

But at the same time, who else was there?

Of the unused subs, he had three defenders on the bench, plus Walker. If he doesn't bring Yates on, who does Walker replace?

Starting that clown Diakhby for one cost us. Then not to bring in Carv for him and push lolley wide is crazy

Starting that clown Diakhby for one cost us. Then not to bring in Carv for him and push lolley wide is crazy
Yes it does make you wonder who in our recruitment set up thought it was a good idea to sign Diakhby I believe it was with a view to a permanent move as well hope we haven't committed ouselves

Have to say, there’s something about that result today that leaves a sickly feeling. Not the refereeing or even really the performance - just the fact that we didn’t win. It’s left me with a feeling that we have run out steam and don’t have it in us to go up.

we aren’t really any further set back than we have been in regards to the play offs & perhaps it’s the Leeds gap extending that’s taken the wind out the saila bit. I’ve just gone from feeling really quietly confident that this is the year, to feeling like we may limp to the end of the season.

not trying to be negative about it - it’s just how today’s left me feeling, with Cardiff, who we’ve not beaten in about 8 years, waiting for us on Tuesday. That coupled with the general decisions against us, dropped points in multiple games, and a truly shocking transfer window - it has the makings of a ‘what if’ season.

if we don’t go up, I’m really unsure about what the future holds given our business and money spent this year and the fact that our best players are almost a certainty to go to the prem. Almost has a bit of a Paul Hart season feel to it.
Really hope I’m wrong!

Guaranteed relegation battle next season when we replace players like Lolley with players like Diakhaby, Samba with players like Muric, Cash with players like Jenkinson etc etc.

Mighten came on and had a couple of runs then vanished, Yates didn't do anything wrong but you'd think wanting to win this game carvhallo was the better option . Carvhallo has hardly played he looked fresh and wanted to get on the ball, get him involved more and hope he finds form for the run in.

Thank you! Deliberately planned for that weekend! Partly for the amusement of 29th February and partly to avoid missing any footy! Wasn’t banking on missing this one though, think it could be a great game!
Should save you a fortune duck, an anniversary every four years. It’s genius.Congratulations mate.

We say this about every single manager bar none.

I would question what the Introduction of Yates was supposed to do.

But at the same time, who else was there?

Of the unused subs, he had three defenders on the bench, plus Walker. If he doesn't bring Yates on, who does Walker replace?
Fair point but let’s not forget he chose the subs and he chose who left the club in January

If he thinks the likes of Diakhaby are the answer then he will lose his job in the long term

Said it before and I’ve seen nothing to change my opinion he’s a waste of space and Sabris persistence to play him seems baffling to me

grabz, anybody could replace him lately, no way warrents a place on form but we knew this, knew he needed help for a year. its so boring our fans accepting such poor planning and funding from marianakis's arselickers

Did he
Skill, like a kid in the park ...but that's it...he tried to dribble a couple nd was stopped almost on the spot ... from him I expect to dribble two or three nd hit the top corner ...just looking for the fancy pass but that's it...
Did he steal your smarties or something?

But why people keep mentioning Carvalho like he was some sort of Messiah, based on what? On a dozen games early last season ? The manager has been looking at him for months now, he was given the chance, still was anonymous... how many are impressed by some tricks is beyond belief ...
A football player need to be consistent over a 90 minute period for a number of games nd not the odd flash of brilliance on the odd day.
At the moment we r suffering Grabban lack of form, the defence is still solid, Watson still the rock infront of the defence...the rest is huff nd puff ... ironically one of the most consistent further up the pitch is the maligned Ameobi ... it's ironic how many that slated he signing r now questioning when he is substituted.
Sabri needs to make a choice now, or to stick with Mighten upfront nd let him settle, risky yes as the boy has a lot to learn but might be useful for next season, nd stick Diakabi on thd side whilst moving Lolleh as a number 10. For me even Silva is no game changer, not enough goals from a player that is supposed to be on the same level as the other Silva ( division related- meaning our Silva should be what Man City's Silva is for them- hope it is understood).
Lolley is probably being the real Lolley, meaning, this is his level of performance. Sometimes he exceeds expectations nd comes up with a couple of worldies, other days he is like a headless chicken ... for the rest, they just average players that, due to the rock solid defence nd the season Watson is having, have the chance produce some above average performances ... if the defence makes a mistake or two in the same game, that's it, no 4-3 wins or something like that..

But why people keep mentioning Carvalho like he was some sort of Messiah, based on what? On a dozen games early last season ? The manager has been looking at him for months now, he was given the chance, still was anonymous... how many are impressed by some tricks is beyond belief ...
A football player need to be consistent over a 90 minute period for a number of games nd not the odd flash of brilliance on the odd day.
At the moment we r suffering Grabban lack of form, the defence is still solid, Watson still the rock infront of the defence...the rest is huff nd puff ... ironically one of the most consistent further up the pitch is the maligned Ameobi ... it's ironic how many that slated he signing r now questioning when he is substituted.
Sabri needs to make a choice now, or to stick with Mighten upfront nd let him settle, risky yes as the boy has a lot to learn but might be useful for next season, nd stick Diakabi on thd side whilst moving Lolleh as a number 10. For me even Silva is no game changer, not enough goals from a player that is supposed to be on the same level as the other Silva ( division related- meaning our Silva should be what Man City's Silva is for them- hope it is understood).
Lolley is probably being the real Lolley, meaning, this is his level of performance. Sometimes he exceeds expectations nd comes up with a couple of worldies, other days he is like a headless chicken ... for the rest, they just average players that, due to the rock solid defence nd the season Watson is having, have the chance produce some above average performances ... if the defence makes a mistake or two in the same game, that's it, no 4-3 wins or something like that..

it’s worrying you think Diakhby should still be starting