Match Thread: Forest Vs Cue Pee Arr sponsored by Noah's Ark | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Cue Pee Arr sponsored by Noah's Ark

We've got decent attacking players but they are sticking to the plan, he might just have to let them be more attack minded and risk it in some games. Big game Tuesday and hopefully they will play into our hands, we need a win to just keep that little cushion over 7th

no, we have shit attackiing players, have you watched us? loz ha had 5 good games all season, silva is league 1 at best and even grabz fanboys had to keep quiet for 2 months lol sami our most consistent foward says it all really

he was doing well and pushing him forward is what ruined our foothold in the game. He should have remained the holding mid with Watson and Carvalho should have replaced Diahkaby. That for me was the only substitution that needed making in the second half.

The decision to bring on Yates was baffling - clearly Ameobi has an injury, but to then put on Yates - it made us weaker and more defensive in a game we needed to try and win. Carvalho was the obvious sub to make at that point.

Mighten for Diakhaby and then perhaps Walker for Grabban.

There was plenty of effort, but the disallowed goal had a tangible deflating impact on the players. We really do need to better at home!

Tomlin injured & out for 6-8 weeks and Adomah (apparently Cardiff's best player in last few games) can't play against Forest.

The decision to bring on Yates was baffling - clearly Ameobi has an injury, but to then put on Yates - it made us weaker and more defensive in a game we needed to try and win. Carvalho was the obvious sub to make at that point.

Mighten for Diakhaby and then perhaps Walker for Grabban.

There was plenty of effort, but the disallowed goal had a tangible deflating impact on the players. We really do need to better at home!

Tomlin injured & out for 6-8 weeks and Adomah (apparently Cardiff's best player in last few games) can't play against Forest.

Has Adomah been good for them?

I agree with the basic summary that we just weren't good enough to win. I thought QPR were awful and we seemed able to pick the ball up from them as soon as they moved it forward. With all that possession and little threat it was a game we had to win but laboured in the final third. The corner goal ruled out was harsh but how often did we test their keeper? There seemed no urgency to me, we should have been all over it but we don't seem able to raise the tempo.

Yates. I tried to watch him closely and every pass I saw him make made went to a defender bar one, which went to Watson. He was dropping back into the CH position at times for some reason. No strength in depth at all to change a game. A £13m player should be able to make a contribution at that level but sadly not.

Overall just not enough quality to unlock a bottom half team. End of. Shame.

Much more depressing than the Charlton game.

I agree with the basic summary that we just weren't good enough to win. I thought QPR were awful and we seemed able to pick the ball up from them as soon as they moved it forward. With all that possession and little threat it was a game we had to win but laboured in the final third. The corner goal ruled out was harsh but how often did we test their keeper? There seemed no urgency to me, we should have been all over it but we don't seem able to raise the tempo.

Yates. I tried to watch him closely and every pass I saw him make made went to a defender bar one, which went to Watson. He was dropping back into the CH position at times for some reason. No strength in depth at all to change a game. A £13m player should be able to make a contribution at that level but sadly not.

Overall just not enough quality to unlock a bottom half team. End of. Shame.

Much more depressing than the Charlton game.

The £13m player needs to be given enough time to make an impact.

Yates didn't do anything wrong, I just don't think it works with him and Watson playing - especially at home, such an odd, negative change to make.

The three subs didn’t change either structure or pattern of game. Carvalho or Yates did little wrong but they made no impact. Similar to many, many games at CG. At home we need to be more attacking. Creative. Make things happen. The set up of the team at the end of the game was the same as the beginning. 4:2:3:1. Change of personnel but nothing else. Why not go with dropping a defensive midfield for second striker. Or putting Yates at RB and push Cash forward. We should have gambled more, perhaps lost a point or gained 3.

The three subs didn’t change either structure or pattern of game. Carvalho or Yates did little wrong but they made no impact. Similar to many, many games at CG. At home we need to be more attacking. Creative. Make things happen. The set up of the team at the end of the game was the same as the beginning. 4:2:3:1. Change of personnel but nothing else. Why not go with dropping a defensive midfield for second striker. Or putting Yates at RB and push Cash forward. We should have gambled more, perhaps lost a point or gained 3.

Definitely not Yates at RB - he does not have the pace.

Carvalho got just over 10 mins, which is not enough time to make an impact - he should have been the replacement for Ameobi and whilst the formation did not alter, bringing Yates on at the 60 minute mark made us more defensive.

Silva for Walker to go with 2 strikers perhaps for the last 10 minutes and use the pace of Tyler & Mighten against a tiring defence!

Unfortunately, I think Sabri made the wrong choice.