Match Thread: Forest Vs Barnsley sponsored by we are safe and they are not so hahaha | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Barnsley sponsored by we are safe and they are not so hahaha

Some right shite been spoken about Manc over the last few weeks

He's had a dip of form but is easily one of our better defenders

Some right shite been spoken about Manc over the last few weeks

He's had a dip of form but is easily one of our better defenders
Sorry, but he isn't.

It isn't a dip in form. He has been poor pretty much all season and has cost us loads of goals

Good performance in the wind and the rain, spoilt only by the injury to Fuentes when we were right on top.

Second half saw Barnsley have a good go at getting back into it but we stood firm and Lolley made a great mazy run to set up the clincher from Vellios.

Cash was fizzing, looks like a real star in the making. Fuentes looked a class act until his injury. Good goals from Tomlin and Brereton, all-action stuff from Bridcutt. Decent show by the keeper.

But for me Mancienne and Fox were the heroes. For the manager to even consider Mancienne after Saturday was brave, but his performance was near enough perfect. Against a big Barnsley side Forest never struggled in the air and stopped most attacks before they threatened Kapino.

Have to say on Mancienne, i'm not sure what people saw.

He made a decent interception but for the most part he seemed to spend the whole game backing off players and doing everything possible to avoid tackling them.

He was 'shadowing' players a lot but it was largely others who were getting the ball and clearing.

In contrast, I thought Fox did the job of two tonight

He made a decent interception but for the most part he seemed to spend the whole game backing off players and doing everything possible to avoid tackling them.

He was 'shadowing' players a lot but it was largely others who were getting the ball and clearing.

He made several interceptions, a number of great passes and even headed clearances. He had pace and positional quality. He was outstanding.

Not sure what match you watched...

'He made a decent interception'? Come on Pope, you saw the same game the rest of us did.

Like you, I was happy to think that Manc would never play for us again after Saturday. I shuddered when I saw he was starting. But he was superb throughout.

OK, there was a header second half which went a bit too up and not enough forwards, but apart from that - his anticipation, timing, touch were all spot on. Credit where it's due.

I thought Manc read the game well, the opposition were perfect for him though. I still think he'd be useful as part of a 3 but I'd be nervous as a two all season against physical teams.

He made several interceptions, a number of great passes and even headed clearances. He had pace and positional quality. He was outstanding.

Not sure what match you watched...

The one where every time his man got the ball he backed off and backed off until the player fucked up or someone else dealt with it.

A number of people are saying they thought he was good. Fair enough we all see games with different eyes and I would put the praise on Fox, who made several absolutely crucial interceptions.

I think by any token 'outstanding' is a huge exaggeration, but if that's how you saw it then fair enough

The one where every time his man got the ball he backed off and backed off until the player fucked up or someone else dealt with it.

A number of people are saying they thought he was good. Fair enough we all see games with different eyes and I would put the praise on Fox, who made several absolutely crucial interceptions.

I think by any token 'outstanding' is a huge exaggeration, but if that's how you saw it then fair enough

I'm sorry but don't pretend that you're clear dislike of mancienne isn't influencing these comments because it most definitely is.

It's one thing saying 'we all see the game differently', but on your first post reviewing the game, you praised everybody and then said "mancienne I still don't trust". Not fair as he didn't put a foot wrong tonight and made great tackles and won everything that came his way.

I've slated Danny Fox in the past but he was excellent tonight and has been very good at centre half recently. My point being, you're absolutely entitled to dislike mancienne as a player but don't smear his name on a match review thread when he's played very well because you don't rate him overall!

Good performance in the wind and the rain, spoilt only by the injury to Fuentes when we were right on top.

Second half saw Barnsley have a good go at getting back into it but we stood firm and Lolley made a great mazy run to set up the clincher from Vellios.

Cash was fizzing, looks like a real star in the making. Fuentes looked a class act until his injury. Good goals from Tomlin and Brereton, all-action stuff from Bridcutt. Decent show by the keeper.

But for me Mancienne and Fox were the heroes. For the manager to even consider Mancienne after Saturday was brave, but his performance was near enough perfect. Against a big Barnsley side Forest never struggled in the air and stopped most attacks before they threatened Kapino.

Yep. Shame for Mancienne its probably all come a bit too late, though.

RN surmised that Figuriedo, Worrall, Fox and Dawson will probably be it, as CBs go, next season leaving Mancienne and Hobbs jettisoned.

If MM keeps his confidence intact for his next club, they'll get a top quality CB.

I'm sorry but don't pretend that you're clear dislike of mancienne isn't influencing these comments because it most definitely is.

It's one thing saying 'we all see the game differently', but on your first post reviewing the game, you praised everybody and then said "mancienne I still don't trust". Not fair as he didn't put a foot wrong tonight and made great tackles and won everything that came his way.

I've slated Danny Fox in the past but he was excellent tonight and has been very good at centre half recently. My point being, you're absolutely entitled to dislike mancienne as a player but don't smear his name on a match review thread when he's played very well because you don't rate him overall!

On what basis do you throw around the accusation that I don't like Mancienne?

I don't even know the guy!

Fact is I have supported him for a long time now but this season he has let us down time and time again.

But that is irrelevant.

My comments were based purely on watching the game. I didn't trust him in the game and I have already outlined my reasons. It isn't a 'smear' to say that I thought he wasn't good. Obviously I largely have the second half to go on, but he did make me nervous every time they attacked him because he didn't look confident in what to do. I felt he was shadowing players a hell of a lot without actually doing anything, and the fact that they were dogshit helped him no end.

I honestly don't see what people saw in his performance last night, and that's not because of some agenda but because I watched the game and didn't recognise those positives. Whereas with Fox (a player that everyone knows I don't really rate), everytime a dangerous ball game down for one of their players it seemed to be Fox with the awareness to be there and snatch it off them or get the header in.

The consensus seems to be different from what I saw and I can live with that. I suggest you learn to live with a genuine difference of opinion rather than needing to categorise it as smears

Mancs probably had the best game I have seen him in all season. He looked decent and solid which unfortunately he hasn’t all season. I was one of the people knocking him before the game and fair play he proved me wrong but it is only one game...

Fox was the better of the two I thought and he is the one I would rather keep going into next season.

I know it was only Barnsley who looked shot for confidence but Cash looked different class. Seemed to be everywhere. Tomlin again showed what he was capable of and was pleased for Brereton as well.

Hopefully we perform like that til the end of the season... ?

Im with Popey and Cp (who appear to be agreeing!!) Manc was made to look better by a side completely devoid of ideas and spirit. He looked better on the ball than off it. I think thats pretty fair. He backs off way too much for my liking and the signing of Dawson will push him down the pecking order even further. One swallow doesnt make a summer. When he signed a contract extension I was really disappointed because I dont think hes been good enough for many if indeed any plaudits since he arrived

Barnsley looked devoid of confidence and from the second we started going after them they almost looked too frightened to attack as though they expected to be ripped apart.

Felt sorry for Fuentes. Perfect game to debut in and he looked comfortable without being spectacular. Just hope the injury isn’t too bad.

Im with Popey and Cp (who appear to be agreeing!!) Manc was made to look better by a side completely devoid of ideas and spirit. He looked better on the ball than off it. I think thats pretty fair. He backs off way too much for my liking and the signing of Dawson will push him down the pecking order even further. One swallow doesnt make a summer. When he signed a contract extension I was really disappointed because I dont think hes been good enough for many if indeed any plaudits since he arrived

"Manc was made to look better by a side completely devoid of ideas and spirit."

Its no surprise that Mancs best two games of the season, only two decent games of the season, were against the mighty QPR and Barnsley; hardly a glowing testimony.

He has been an unmitigated disaster since he arrived; all of the attributes you would expect from a competent central defender are missing.

He is 6 foot tall and cannot head a ball when under pressure, his marking and positional sense is non existent, his tackling is shite, he is prone to lapses of concentration and generally looks like he does not give a fuck.

Anyone who thinks Mancienne is anything better than moderate needs to wake the fuck up; he is not good enough to wear the Garibaldi, end of!

MW deserved the sack for giving the clown a new contract and then making him captain.

Succinct as always Mao!

He was a silent captain. When do you ever hear or see Mancienne bossing it? Hes shit. Its typical Vital though. One good game and hes a hero and the last 4 years are forgiven.

Fine win yesterday. Agree with Mao and Apollyon on Manc. He is an average championship defender who comes good for certain periods but also can play very poorly. Very bad news about Fuentes

Kenny burns said a couple of years ago that mancienne wasn't commanding enough and to get rid - and Kenny got slated for it.