Match Thread: Forest Vs Barnsley sponsored by we are safe and they are not so hahaha | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Barnsley sponsored by we are safe and they are not so hahaha

Fuentes a very unlucky fella...he was playing pretty well nd getting more nd more in the game...playing well...the boys r enjoying...we should go for more...shame we r going to use a substitution that we didn't need to do..i would replace Tomlin nd bring Lolley...can u imagine a combo of Lolley nd Cash woukd do to Barnsley !!! ...swapping sides during play !!!. Would be nice to see Velios nd Brereton playing two upfront against a team devoid of confidence...but probably we will see Hobbs at sone point...anyway ...may it continue...

Mancienne takes the ball just outside the box, with two players around him, and gracefully escapes his pursuers attentions with consummate ease.

Perfect pass onto guedioura follows.

Quality.

Hammered ball into our half after a corner of ours is messed up. Mancienne takes charge and clears the danger.

Would much rather Cardiff had not predictably bottled it at the sheep than us win an utterly meaningless game.

One game closer to the end of another dog shit season and a summer shake-up though, so not all bad.

Villa I think have got their act together, they would be my bet for the play offs if Fulham grab 2nd otherwise it's one of them.

I had to leave at half time due to have a back spasm that left me in frigging agony. Funnily enough, walking back to my car which I parked on Chantrey Rd sorted it.

I cant give much of a review because of only seeing 43 mins of football, but we looked solid enough. They looked absolutely shit though

I had a burger in Smiffys Smoke Shack before the match. I would like to recommend it as it was fantastic. I normally grab something a couple of hours before the game and nipped in the Southbank for a change. It was proper

Anything can happen in the playoffs, I was desperate for the sheep to blow it tonight. Rowett has found his voice now of course.

Nice of Cardiff to gift Derby 3 goals with defensive howlers.

Well done lads. 3 goals and a clean sheet.

Thought 2 cbs did well. Lichaj offers nothing going forward. Guediora was doing his best to score but just ended up hitting it in the stands.

Apparently karanka has met with marney. I wonder where he fits in if we do sign him.

After first 15 mins or so which was really slow, I thought the whole team looked pretty good.

Superb performance. Matty Cash is a phenomenal young player who is thriving, and Lolley has got to be one of the best young buys in years. The two of them could make a really deadly attacking force.

Great performance by Tomlin, whose contribution won the game.

Fox had a superb game, no question. Mancienne I still didn't trust.

Kapino still hasn't really been tested.

Manager sounded very worried about Fuentes. Said he is on gas and air and in hospital, which isn't good. He didn't really stand out positively or negatively he was doing absolutely fine.

Barnsley will go down. Their fans know it and their players knew it. We had fun against them.

Good performance in the wind and the rain, spoilt only by the injury to Fuentes when we were right on top.

Second half saw Barnsley have a good go at getting back into it but we stood firm and Lolley made a great mazy run to set up the clincher from Vellios.

Cash was fizzing, looks like a real star in the making. Fuentes looked a class act until his injury. Good goals from Tomlin and Brereton, all-action stuff from Bridcutt. Decent show by the keeper.

But for me Mancienne and Fox were the heroes. For the manager to even consider Mancienne after Saturday was brave, but his performance was near enough perfect. Against a big Barnsley side Forest never struggled in the air and stopped most attacks before they threatened Kapino.