Match Thread Forest v Stoke City. | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread Forest v Stoke City.

If we manage to field Worrall McKenna next season they could form a formidable defence. The shame is limiting Mbe Soh game time. All three are too good to leave out.

Our fullbacks are not the best at defending, passing or crossing. Christie has improved both in defence and in attack but still shows flaws. On the left all pretenders show major problems.

Our defence stands too deep. Yes they are available for the square pass but it does very little. The two central defenders need to push up to halfway line thus forcing opposition on to their own penalty area. Problem is most teams have at least one player with pace, thus one pass over the top of our central defenders and we are in trouble. Worrall and McKenna are not the quickest. Thus Mbe Soh, with pace, sitting between Worrall and McKenna, can assist in nullifying ball over the top.

Being 10/15 yards further upfield, with three at the back warrants only one holding midfield player. Our released wingbacks can occupy the wings and give us width. The attacking players can thus be far narrower and much closer to single striker. If those players also had pace, or at least the ability to pass and move then suddenly the team looks very different.

It has to be worth a try as the present turgid, slow rigid system is not working. Now mathematically safe it is the right time to experiment and introduce some new faces. Lessons learnt can be worked on in close season. Come on CH ring some changes. Nothing to lose.

If we manage to field Worrall McKenna next season they could form a formidable defence. The shame is limiting Mbe Soh game time. All three are too good to leave out.

Our fullbacks are not the best at defending, passing or crossing. Christie has improved both in defence and in attack but still shows flaws. On the left all pretenders show major problems.

Our defence stands too deep. Yes they are available for the square pass but it does very little. The two central defenders need to push up to halfway line thus forcing opposition on to their own penalty area. Problem is most teams have at least one player with pace, thus one pass over the top of our central defenders and we are in trouble. Worrall and McKenna are not the quickest. Thus Mbe Soh, with pace, sitting between Worrall and McKenna, can assist in nullifying ball over the top.

Being 10/15 yards further upfield, with three at the back warrants only one holding midfield player. Our released wingbacks can occupy the wings and give us width. The attacking players can thus be far narrower and much closer to single striker. If those players also had pace, or at least the ability to pass and move then suddenly the team looks very different.

It has to be worth a try as the present turgid, slow rigid system is not working. Now mathematically safe it is the right time to experiment and introduce some new faces. Lessons learnt can be worked on in close season. Come on CH ring some changes. Nothing to lose.
It would be nice to see some youngsters against Wednesday - and have some side benefits!

It would be nice to see some youngsters against Wednesday - and have some side benefits!
I never want to see us lose but for this game I am making an exception. I think Derby will wilt under the pressure if they don’t win their next game...

You can bet that Swansea, who are pretty poor anyway, will throw the game with Derby and do a Huddersfield; play a reserve side. It's disgraceful behaviour when clubs are relying on teams around them to do their job and take these relegation games seriously.

I enjoy a joke about us throwing the wednesday game, but we have a duty to send our best side out there and take that game 100% seriously. We have to go with the intention of winning it. If they beat us, or we play shite again, that's just how things go. But we owe it to the division to do our best in this game- even if that benefits Derby.

The Preston game really doesn't matter and we can play the kids if we want.

You can bet that Swansea, who are pretty poor anyway, will throw the game with Derby and do a Huddersfield; play a reserve side. It's disgraceful behaviour when clubs are relying on teams around them to do their job and take these relegation games seriously.

I enjoy a joke about us throwing the wednesday game, but we have a duty to send our best side out there and take that game 100% seriously. We have to go with the intention of winning it. If they beat us, or we play shite again, that's just how things go. But we owe it to the division to do our best in this game- even if that benefits Derby.

Therein lies the difference though. I can want us to lose but I still expect Hughton to put a side out that will try to get a result.

For the last 3 games though most of our players have given up so I expect us to lose whatever team we put out.

I don't want Derby to be relegated. I know that we are supposed to "hate" them, but is there any game that we look forward to more than the local derby.
They are everybody's favourite two games of the year, trying to smash the bejesus out of them, and there is nothing more satisfying than the ensuing crowing and gloating. Not to mention That Trophy.
I love that.

I don't want Derby to be relegated. I know that we are supposed to "hate" them, but is there any game that we look forward to more than the local derby.
They are everybody's favourite two games of the year, trying to smash the bejesus out of them, and there is nothing more satisfying than the ensuing crowing and gloating. Not to mention That Trophy.
I love that.

I would prefer to look forward to a game against Liverpool, but we will never play them again, so it's kind of pointless.

How many games can you think of the whole season that we've taken seriously?

Yep, I was very disappointed that they got a draw and now have nothing to play for - unless coming 3rd means they avoid Brentford and Bournemouth in the semis.

I love that.
I can’t say I particularly look forward to it if I am honest. There’s a bit of banter with some relatives but usually it turns into a niggly, spiteful game that really isn’t all that enjoyable. There have been some good games but not sure how many...