Match Thread, Forest v Norwich, orbs where are you? | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Forest v Norwich, orbs where are you?

How do you know they aren’t pissed off?

Not sure you can pass the Council’s intransigence off on our owners and the sponsor offered decent money for the privilege and weren’t obviously in the mire when they were taken on.

I would have been pissed at the people brokering the deal for what happened with Fuckwaz over the club’s debts but the reality is that whoever bought us would have been buying a basket case club.

The Championship is a bitch of a division so even doing due diligence is no guarantee and I don’t remember too many complaints about the quality of signings at the start of the season. We needed a proven striker but nobody I know predicted this shitshow so not sure what ‘due diligence’ you think could have been done.

If you look at someone like Arter, you probably wouldn't have had to do a lot of digging to find out that he's a bellend.

With some of the other signings, they're just simply the wrong profile.

That might work at Olympiakos where you have by far the biggest budget and can get away with signing players with the 'most proven' track record, but it has proven not to work in the Championship.

If you look at someone like Arter, you probably wouldn't have had to do a lot of digging to find out that he's a bellend.

With some of the other signings, they're just simply the wrong profile.

That might work at Olympiakos where you have by far the biggest budget and can get away with signing players with the 'most proven' track record, but it has proven not to work in the Championship.
How many on here thought Arter was a bad signing? It was known that he was a bit of an arse when he signed but everyone focussed on his quality instead.

McKenna, Knockaert, Freeman and Arter were all signings that should have taken us forwards but they didn’t.

It was a massive shift in strategy and yes the aim was to almost buy promotion but it shows that our owners are learning or at least trying to.

It hasn’t worked and we have yet another new manager so we now have to wait and see what happens in the summer. Again.

My opinion is that they should let Hughton drive the business we do and hopefully it works.

So far our owners have failed but when I think who I would want as our owner I come up with someone like Gibson at Boro but when you look at how good he has been for them you also have to accept they aren’t in a much better place than we are.

I dont disgree but i guess managers like to work with 'their' players. Im sure CH cant wait to get his own people in. I think there is a question there cos managers should work with what they have but reality doesnt work like that. 34 games is not really enough time to judge a manager imo

My main issue is that at some point we have to stop the rebuild, fail, repeat cycle that we are in.

its a conundrum for sure.
Id just like to have seen progress on the field with the players we do have and at the nd of the day we haven't reallt seen anything.

Even lets say he buys a 10million quid striker, signs knockhaert on good money and adds a pacey winger I still feel it will the same as now but with a pacey winger and a 10m striker. Im not sure thats enough for me. Im not a fan of the football. I WANT to see creativity from the coach, not just players.

Yes, how dare they come over here spending their millions on our club. Out out out!
i have to remind myself that it is the owners money and we are genuinnely grateful for it. W'ed probably just like some better connnection with what the fans want in some areas and when something doesnt work take responsibility for it and fix it