Match Thread, Forest v Millwall, can we do it ? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Forest v Millwall, can we do it ?

Very nearly complete karma. Our last game with fans was a 0-3 against these.

We looked like a proper championship team for the first time today and for the first time we have breathing space between us and the bottom three.

WRDC losing at home to a relegation rival late is the icing on the cake

Best performance of the season easily

I claim the third goal - told Yates before the corner that he owed us a goal and was going to score from the corner. Expected a header though.

Shame to lose the clean sheet, but that was more like it. Mighten showed what he can do second half. Sammy with a cracker to put us firmly on top. Defence coped pretty well with men mountains. Ticked plenty of boxes.

Much better today there was more forward thinking passes, wide players were both useful today, midfield were strong and looked to get forward more and the defence was solid.

Boro midweek at home hope we play like that again, another win we will be pulling away from the bottom 3.

A very good second half. Shame that we didnt kept the clean sheet.
Their goal could have been avoided, Samba's flapping and punching is costing us.
Early in the second half I thought, here we go, we are going to lef them play, but thanks to a couple of Mighten's moves got the team confidence and a good Ameobi goal sealed it.
Yates goal was the icing on the cake.
Goals give confidence and the second goal gave it to the team and started to enjoy playing. A couple of more for us wouldn't have been a surprise.
Grabbs greedy, had Mighten in the box and a good Ribeiro shot just wide.
Millwall rarely threatened.
May this vein continues...
Well done to all involved...

Good performance. No chewing of nails at the end, but a shame about the clean sheet. (Though it did score me two points in the prediction league !).

On a decent run. Need to keep it up long enough to overtake a few more teams .

Well that was better all round wasn't it, just wish Samba would start catching the ball instead of his flapping & punching he doesn't fill me with confidence I'm afraid. Still a really food strong all round performance you don't get owt for nowt off this lot, and once again thanks to the physical presence of Sow & Yates in midfield, and the back 4 we weren't bullied out of it as we usually are against these. Irrespective of some of earlier comments thought Yates had a a good game won some good tackles & headers & of course he got his goal as well. Lets just hope it's onwards & upwards now.

I claim the third goal - told Yates before the corner that he owed us a goal and was going to score from the corner. Expected a header though.

Shame to lose the clean sheet, but that was more like it. Mighten showed what he can do second half. Sammy with a cracker to put us firmly on top. Defence coped pretty well with men mountains. Ticked plenty of boxes.
I think that last point is really important.

How good are McKenna and Worrall together?

They had four strikers to face; Millwall units as well.

I can't really remember a meaningful save Samba had to make over the game- can anyone else?

Only took us til January to enjoy a game involving Forest. Still, the unbeaten run is getting better by the game and it hopefully won’t be long before we are looking up rather than down.

A very good second half. Shame that we didnt kept the clean sheet.
Their goal could have been avoided, Samba's flapping and punching is costing us.
Early in the second half I thought, here we go, we are going to lef them play, but thanks to a couple of Mighten's moves got the team confidence and a good Ameobi goal sealed it.
Yates goal was the icing on the cake.
Goals give confidence and the second goal gave it to the team and started to enjoy playing. A couple of more for us wouldn't have been a surprise.
Grabbs greedy, had Mighten in the box and a good Ribeiro shot just wide.
Millwall rarely threatened.
May this vein continues...
Well done to all involved...
I was not watching the game and have not seen the Millwall goal, but was following the text updates on Nottingham Post and they thought that Samba had clearly been fouled for the Millwall goal. Also the referee was Keith Stroud and everyone knows what problems Forest have had with him, so I would tend to believe that asseessment of the goal. If that is right, we need to be fair to Samba.

Form table:

1 Norwich WWLDWW
2 Nottm Forest WDDDWW
3 Brentford DWWW
4 Swansea LWWDW
5 Sheff Wed LWDWW
6 Middlesbrough WWLWL

Thought we were much better today. Both centre halfs excellent against a combative team. Cafu good, Ameobi back on form but the defence provided the foundations for the win. A couple of decent additions now to provide more creativity should see us move up the table. Houghton slowly turning it around.

Form table:

1 Norwich WWLDWW
2 Nottm Forest WDDDWW
3 Brentford DWWW
4 Swansea LWWDW
5 Sheff Wed LWDWW
6 Middlesbrough WWLWL

Thought we were much better today. Both centre halfs excellent against a combative team. Cafu good, Ameobi back on form but the defence provided the foundations for the win. A couple of decent additions now to provide more creativity should see us move up the table. Houghton slowly turning it around.

Just a small point.

Do we not have a distinct advantage if you include our last 6 games and only 5 for the other teams?

One pivotal moment was Sow seeing someone run past him, think about it, but not chop him down.

Still lost the ball a couple of times by turning like an oil tanker, but starts to look fitter and something like.

Sow, Cafu and Yates actually looks a decent midfield just now.