Match thread, Forest v Luton, part of a lucky run? | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match thread, Forest v Luton, part of a lucky run?

The biggest disappointment for me this season isn’t even on the pitch it’z that McKennaz is always injured. Him & Woz could be the CH pairing for a half decent PL club in a year or two given a decent run together but Woz is hampered by his team mates who aren’t helping him improve & McKennaz being made of glass.

The sort of game that almost makes you worry about match-fixing.

That early Murray header from 6 yards, cushioned into the keeper's hands.

Knockaert takes a return from a short corner - and shoots tamely several yards wide.

Of course they didn't do it on purpose, but it's so frustrating when your team does everything but score, then makes it look as if they're trying not to score!

Knockaert takes a return from a short corner - and shoots tamely several yards wide.

Of course they didn't do it on purpose, but it's so frustrating when your team does everything but score, then makes it look as if they're trying not to score!
The other chance was school boy stuff, 5 yards out couldn't hit the target. The early goals against Wycombe gave people hope he was going to be a brilliant signing, since then he's missed 4 or 5 clear cut chances and he's not brought much else. Taylor is getting slaughtered for falling over but he's got to start and Murray to take the last 20 or so, Taylor needs games in this side that are actually creating chances and see if he can take some.

I don’t actually really want an answer to this but what is our spend on transfers & wages vs Luton? I know we’ve sold young players at a huge profit but our wage bill vs theirs must make embarrassing reading.

I don’t actually really want an answer to this but what is our spend on transfers & wages vs Luton? I know we’ve sold young players at a huge profit but our wage bill vs theirs must make embarrassing reading.
It's not really relevant. It's not like they completely outplayed us. They actually looked like one of the worst teams we have played in the first half.

They got the crucial first goal and we fell apart. That's it really

They spent (fees):

0 this season
1.6m 19/20
0 in 18/19
0 in 17/18
0 in 16/17
126k 15/16

So over the last 6 seasons about the same as we've paid Freeman in wages this season.

The sort of result that forces you to play Neil Young's 'Harvest', starting with the classic depressive track 'Out on the weekend'.

I won't try to post the YouTube link as it won't work, but trust me: this track works for all disappointments. It should be prescribed.

We're whirling atoms in the stream of time, here today, gone tomorrow.

But locked down for months and going crazy. Won't it be great when we can actually go to matches again!

Had my doubts about this game from the word go, we.ve had a pretty good trot recently and like most clubs are playing too many matches in short time. But we have a few older players who are starting to find the pace a bit hectic and unfortunately some seem to be in important positions on the field. Murray is a prime example. And the lack of confidence shows at times.

The other chance was school boy stuff, 5 yards out couldn't hit the target. The early goals against Wycombe gave people hope he was going to be a brilliant signing, since then he's missed 4 or 5 clear cut chances and he's not brought much else. Taylor is getting slaughtered for falling over but he's got to start and Murray to take the last 20 or so, Taylor needs games in this side that are actually creating chances and see if he can take some.

I agree Murray has flattered to deceive and should have bagged more than his two paltry goals. However, he is good at keeping possession and linking up with the midfield and that is why Taylor is not the answer.

To me his first instinct is to fall over and nick cheap fouls as against trying to hold up the ball and retaining pressure. His falling over and losing the ball only puts pressure back on us. Maybe, he is not a typical back to defenders forward but more about making runs. The problem is we don't play that style of football.

Last night was a good opportunity to get into the top half and put further distance between us and the relegation zone. Our next 4 games are stinkers which, in a worst case scenario, could see us back down their in the mix.

I though the issue lay with the speed of play. Murray was 2 yrds off the pace and Cafu, despite HIS remonstrations, was shit. Lolley switched play in the first half, trying to pick out Knockaert, and he ended up finding Worrall who was 20 yrds back down the field. I put my head in my hands and switched it off. Some of the play was really sloppy and Lolley, Cafu and the speed of Murray was the issue in my opinion.

I agree Murray has flattered to deceive and should have bagged more than his two paltry goals. However, he is good at keeping possession and linking up with the midfield and that is why Taylor is not the answer.

To me his first instinct is to fall over and nick cheap fouls as against trying to hold up the ball and retaining pressure. His falling over and losing the ball only puts pressure back on us. Maybe, he is not a typical back to defenders forward but more about making runs. The problem is we don't play that style of football.

Last night was a good opportunity to get into the top half and put further distance between us and the relegation zone. Our next 4 games are stinkers which, in a worst case scenario, could see us back down their in the mix.

I agree, Taylor would have been a better option last night. We are creating chances now but the striker isnt taking them. Knockaert running down dead ends rather than taking the option of a pass is also infuriating.

I though the issue lay with the speed of play. Murray was 2 yrds off the pace and Cafu, despite HIS remonstrations, was shit. Lolley switched play in the first half, trying to pick out Knockaert, and he ended up finding Worrall who was 20 yrds back down the field. I put my head in my hands and switched it off. Some of the play was really sloppy and Lolley, Cafu and the speed of Murray was the issue in my opinion.

I just dont think cafu was any worse than anyone else. Lolley and knocks were also very wasteful and lost the ball in poor areas. Do agree about the speed of Murray tho.

It was very disappointing. Cafu does not seem to be able to play football at all. That shot he had in the second half that he blazed high and wide was something that anyone who had listened in their PE lessons about keeping your head down would have been able to execute better than he did. Krovinovic played well again, which made his substitution mystifying when Cafu stayed on. But other than that, although people complain about Hughton not using the bench, who is there? He brought on Taylor, Ameobi and Mighten, all of whom people have said there is a case for starting. It made things worse. It is a confusing mess.

Can we investigate Sammy Ameobi for coming on as Luton's 12th man.... I have never (apart from Kyle Ebecilio) seen a sub come on an d look so disinterested... gave ball away, never tried to beat his man, dis not track back & strolled around - honestly I would have taken him off, attitude & effort is everything - you can have all the ability in the world but that was a disgrace.

I heard Hughton shouting at Lyle Taylor for throwing himself to the floor too.

Murray missed 2 gilt edged chances, Knocky had a bad game, Lolley is clearly not fit.

When we went 2 up front with another a winger, I thought that was the right move but not if the 2 players brought on perform like that.

Samba, Ribeiro & Worrall then kept giving the ball away (I don't mention Figgy for that - it's expected).

We've been on a decent run, you can't blame fatigue because Luton played a day later - but, with the games ahead - there has to be a serious change in performance levels, otherwise we'll be right back in the relegation scrap in 6 games time!