Match thread, Forest v Luton, part of a lucky run? | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match thread, Forest v Luton, part of a lucky run?

Never really got going 2nd half, and went completely to pieces when they scored, unless I'm mistaken looked like Figuredo losing his man again. Please can someone explain why when you need a goal you take Krovonic off and leave Cafu who had been bad even in the part of the game when everyone else was OK on. Also why change a formation that had troubled them to 4-4-2 which left us a man light in midfield and allowed them to dictate the game.
I don't know what's worse really losing when we are rubbish like early season or losing when for 2/3 of the match we were pretty good. The worst thing of all was the way we went to pieces after they scored and never looked like fighting back.

No excuse, but we looked tired.

Small margins - Garner almost scores, they go down the other end and score one of the goals Murray should have had first half. Only from further out, either a sublime touch or a fluke.

Other results haven't hurt us so it's disappointing but not the end of the world. Get Yates back in and we'll be fine.
:hang:

Never really got going 2nd half, and went completely to pieces when they scored, unless I'm mistaken looked like Figuredo losing his man again. Please can someone explain why when you need a goal you take Krovonic off and leave Cafu who had been bad even in the part of the game when everyone else was OK on. Also why change a formation that had troubled them to 4-4-2 which left us a man light in midfield and allowed them to dictate the game.
I don't know what's worse really losing when we are rubbish like early season or losing when for 2/3 of the match we were pretty good. The worst thing of all was the way we went to pieces after they scored and never looked like fighting back.
show’s CH ineptitude to read a situation

Cafu was clearly the problem, could have dropped colback in

No excuse, but we looked tired.

Small margins - Garner almost scores, they go down the other end and score one of the goals Murray should have had first half. Only from further out, either a sublime touch or a fluke.

Other results haven't hurt us so it's disappointing but not the end of the world. Get Yates back in and we'll be fine.
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Luton play Saturday? So less recovery than us?

That second half was back to hopeless Hughz fucking incompetent best.

We needed at least 3 points from the sheep & Luton & we’ve got 1. With Hughz total lack of ambition we’re not out of the relegation fight given our next few fixtures.

I did say when people were talking about playoffs we need 6 points out of these games & as I said we got 1.

lol
People have short memories, at least we actually had a good first half which really was at a good pace and energy. But goals dont score themselves and theres simply no reason at all to expect them to start flooding in so it doesn't suprise me, more amuses me the absolute despair from some of the 'fans' who go from "we're getting in the play off's" to "we're def still in relagation fight" from one week to the next

We have enough points to launch a credible survival bid. We're as likely to beat one of the top sides as to lose to Luton.

Second half tonight was really poor, but we need 3 wins and maybe 3 draws from our last 12 games to stay up. We should do that easily enough.

Second half - utter shite, not helped by garbage subs. No way should Murray have played more than the first 45.

Side note - where the fook is Grabban as well these days? Hughton’s been telling us he has a very minor injury for the last 5 games.

Cafu has become the scapegoat, and some of his passes tonight went astray.

But he was solid enough over 90 minutes, and he wasn't the only one passing to a white shirt.

Garner, Knockaert and Krovinovic flattered to deceive tonight, no end product - apart from one moment of magic from Garner which the keeper saved.

Lolley brought a good save out of the keeper. I'd love to see him return to full menace but there were some promising signs. Ameobi didn't have the minutes to produce last-minute miracles.

But Murray has to carry the can. Should have had at least two goals, fluffed his lines. Must do better.

Game plan...as such as it is was shocking...anyone can see Cafu is the problem but he keeps him in

hughton fault

Not sure what people expect off cafu- he is there to break up play and give the ball to someone who can play, wasnt at fault for the goal. Defense is largely doing its job, yes they conceeded 1 goal but fook me the game should have been out of sight. Yes cafu is wasteful but then so was knocks and a good few others. The issue today was not taking chances and having no one to bring on. LT has the first touch of a rapist and cant hold the ball up like their young kiddy adabayor could. Poor old murray is playing 3 games a week at 37. Lolley more interested but shit on the left.

No one in the midfield can shoot, cafu, garner and krov all poor at shooting from distance and need to made to work on the training ground.

Subs killed the game but who else was there.

Murray shouldn't have started both of these games he was blowing out of his arse half way through the first half, then he leaves him on to labour the rest of the game. The header Murray missed wasn't great either side of the keeper it may have gone in, the volley from 5 yards out unmarked was criminal, didn't even hit the target my 73 year old mother probably would have at least made the keeper save it. For me he is a last 20 minute player to try and grab a late goal, he will be knakered now for the next game if he starts I'm heading back to being very concerned.

We should have kidnapped Nathan Jones at half time, hypnotised him, told him he’s Hughton and left him to do our half time team talk....