Match thread, Forest v Luton, part of a lucky run? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match thread, Forest v Luton, part of a lucky run?

The old pink football post a lifeline for someone living 80 miles away (it was a long way then), as a kid it always used to amaze me how they got it printed and distributed as quickly as they did, they'd struggle to replicate it with today's technology never mind what was available then.

The argus, yeahh loved that as a lad. Trouble was id get the west midlands version by the time I got back so only had a little paragraph on forest stuff lol

Seems most of you think we are unlucky because we still cant stick the ball in the net. Im not sure that's luck, thats being shit at putting the ball in the back of the net.

Will be going into next season exactly the same as this season, thinking, ok we are hard to beat but we need a good hungry goalscorer or two ::)

Well I was around for the Clough years, although we moved across the midlands just as Forest got good, so saw less of them than I wanted. And the only Final that I managed to see Forest in was the 1989 Simod Cup Final, 4-3 win over Everton at Wembley, which even the most die- hard would concede will never be the basis of the "you're not famous any more" chant. I fear now that none of us will get our "turn", though we may have a shot at being a lower- end Premier League team. The days of dominating Europe will never be seen. It is an interesting and striking fact that it is still the case that Nottingham is the smallest city in Europe to have had a European Cup- winning team.

The European cup when it was for champions only - champions or holders . End of. Now the “ champions “ league has teams who finish fourth , teams who have never been the champions of anything ever - or haven’t won their domestic league for sixty fucking years . Embarrassing.

it’s also destroyed the fa cup , league cup , uefa cup (which has been ruined beyond recognition) as teams now value finishing fourth over winning a trophy and putting out full strength teams.
It isn’t football anymore - it’s greedball.
I’m glad I’m old enough to have witnessed our glory days when we had proper teams and managers .
I’m fucking sick to the stomach of hearing about the genius of pep, who has spent nearly a BILLION pounds at Man City. he isn’t fit to flush one of Cloughies turds.

The European cup when it was for champions only - champions or holders . End of. Now the “ champions “ league has teams who finish fourth , teams who have never been the champions of anything ever - or haven’t won their domestic league for sixty fucking years . Embarrassing.

it’s also destroyed the fa cup , league cup , uefa cup (which has been ruined beyond recognition) as teams now value finishing fourth over winning a trophy and putting out full strength teams.
I’m glad I’m old enough to have witnessed our glory days when we had proper teams and managers .
I’m fucking sick to the stomach of hearing about the genius of pep, who has spent nearly a BILLION pounds at Man City. he isn’t fit to flush one of Cloughies turds.
A quite brilliant post

Keane , Nigel , Pearcey, Garry Parker , bing , what a serious bunch of hombres they were . Cloughie built some great sides here. Lads we were absolutely privileged to have witnessed it .. like everything, we didn’t realise how lucky we were at the time ..

Spot on. Go win champions league with burnley and I'll give pep some credit. Jose is better than pep imo for winning with porto

Unfortunately he seems to be made of biscuits.
Worrying situation. Never expected that a player used to the tough Scottish football would come to the Championship, quality wise he showed that he is class, but then is failing on the physical front.
Its no use for us having spent 5 million on a good player that ends up spending most of his first season in the treatment room...another Hogg it seems..m

Seems most of you think we are unlucky because we still cant stick the ball in the net. Im not sure that's luck, thats being shit at putting the ball in the back of the net.

Will be going into next season exactly the same as this season, thinking, ok we are hard to beat but we need a good hungry goalscorer or two ::)

Lets see, got a.feeling CH will get round to it now the defense has settled and we have a midfield.