Match Thread: Exeter City v Lincoln City | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Exeter City v Lincoln City

Some idiot on Exeter facebook post is abusing the Exeter fans. I hope they listen to themselves saying 1 'fan' doesn't represent the club

Fantastic result. We've had good early starts/false dawns before, but just got the feeling this is different. If the Cowleys finish the second half of the season stronger than the first......In the words of the song,
Don't Stop Believin'

Pett has got a nasty cut round his eye from Stockley and we get called the dirty team...

I think times have changed though, Exeter tried to bully first half, but we overcame that and bossed the game. Looked really good from where I'm sitting.

That was the best performance of the season thus far. We weren’t as electric as we have been at times in previous matches and didn’t need to be, but we had three great moves and three great goals. Classy and clinical.

We were in complete control and made Exeter, a decent team, look poor. They just could not hurt us. The defence looked more assured and at no point did we look in danger. How do you get Wharton back into that whilst keeping Bostwick in the team without disrupting the midfield?

I’m going to stick my neck on the line here and say that we will not relinquish our current league position.

Oh, and that Andrade pass through to Toffolo for the third was as sweet as it gets. A thing of beauty

That was the best performance of the season thus far. We weren’t as electric as we have been at times in previous matches and didn’t need to be, but we had three great moves and three great goals. Classy and clinical.

We were in complete control and made Exeter, a decent team, look poor. They just could not hurt us. The defence looked more assured and at no point did we look in danger. How do you get Wharton back into that whilst keeping Bostwick in the team without disrupting the midfield?

I’m going to stick my neck on the line here and say that we will not relinquish our current league position.

Oh, and that Andrade pass through to Toffolo for the third was as sweet as it gets. A thing of beauty
it was a very controlled play from way before that brilliant pass. o'connor switched it out to eardley. eardley and freck slowed the game down on the halfway line, drawing all of exeter's midfield towards them. quick pass to bostwick, who *longballs* it back across to andrade. by which time toffolo is already on the sprint.

exeter as a team totally pulled out of shape.

That was good, that was very good. After half an hour we dominated and the remaining part of the first half saw us play some quality football. Two well taken and well crafted goals provided a 2-0 lead, from which we didn’t look back.

Akinde looks fit, and didn’t it show: the boy has quality. Freck took his goal well and the skills shown by Andrade, O’Connor and Toffolo at times were sublime.

Accurate, close knit football within a team ethic second half. Exeter did not know what to do with the ball and completely lost any strategy. We coasted to victory once it became 3-0. And we could have had another couple.

Believe it; this squad is going places.

Last edited:
Great day out and what a dominant victory. We tore them apart and whenever they had pocession we pushed them back into their own half. Smith in goal was largely untroubled as Bostwick in front of him was immense. Jules, Sean and I had a boozy lunch then after the match met with Berksimps who kindly bought me a glass of wine before we headed to the station.

On the train now with a glass of wine (again) and kicking back relaxing. IMPs should be happy tonight. That was a great performance.

Fantastic victory and three points. But more pleasing that after our previous two away games, where if truth be told we were fortunate to pick up 4pts from. To come away against one of the better sides in the league and be so comfortable is a testament to all.

Time to pack the bank and fill the Stacey West next week.