Match Thread: Exeter City v Lincoln City | Page 24 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Exeter City v Lincoln City

I had the misfortune of being at Barnet. Seems like very similar scenes played out here sadly.

I definitely think it’s time that the club did something about these pond life. They must know who they are, and let’s face it, it’s not like we’re going to miss the 20-30 idiots these days. Time to get this sorted if nothing else for the sake of families and decent minded fans. I was put off attending away games for a very long time after my experience at The Hive.

Barnet was a very unpleasant experience in terms of travelling away (and not due to the actions of home fans on the day).

Since then I have only travelled to away games where there is a terrace so can guarantee being free to stand where I want (I know- it is "stand" not "sit") OR where there will be no issues with the seating such as Port Vale.

Other than that, I will be staying at home and listening to "Hope and Glory" for the match details.

First chance to post since Thursday, been stupidly busy.

They certainly deserved it. But then if their two worldies are off target and one of our many balls in the box drops for us, or we get the Whitehouse goal or Rhead pen then you wouldn't have argued that we would have deserved it. Things just did not seem to go for us.

A great first season back, I am sure we will push harder from promotion next season.

I see that Coventry City tweeted yesterday that they had now sold over 32,500 tickets for Monday, that's pretty impressive already! Don't know how many Exeter have sold last figure I heard banded around was 8,000 odd!

Update: They tweeted yesterday that they were over 9,000 now.

First chance to post since Thursday, been stupidly busy.

They certainly deserved it. But then if their two worldies are off target and one of our many balls in the box drops for us, or we get the Whitehouse goal or Rhead pen then you wouldn't have argued that we would have deserved it. Things just did not seem to go for us.

A great first season back, I am sure we will push harder from promotion next season.
All 3 of Exeter`s goals were poor goals to concede and if you don`t defend properly you won`t win games.
Goal 1 wilson heads clearance back across his own box.
Goal 2 their midfielder( a 2 goal a season lad) runs from his own half and we fail to get one tackle in to him.
Goal 3 Harley their midfielder stands and receives the ball 25yards out and has the time to tee up the shot totally unchallenged!
At the post match vid analysis DC/NC would have been fuming..midfield were no to be seen.