Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Everton v Lincoln City

Terrific performance, very controlled apart from the five minutes around their goals.

My favourite bit of commentary, on my feed:

"There's no mistaking Matt Rhead up there, he's twice the size of most of the players. Literally in the case of Bernard."

Baines is still a really, really good player though.

Played fantastically well and what a game.

Our fitness held up and kept us going. None of the lads had a bad game, some will have better but nobody was bad. Nobody gave up and it was a performance of League 2 champions.

Until the final minutes our set pieces were almost perfect every time (other than that one time we tried to pass it rather than hoof it in from a free kick).

Marco Silva must be there questioning why he's paying some of their players so much. They were a different class going forwards but honestly nothing special as a team. O'Connor and Frecklington ran that midfield.

Baines was easily their best player and no surprise all their good play came down our right/their left.

Their CB's are shocking though, and not just in footballing ability but in mentality too. I doubt they understand will to win. Akinde had both of them in pieces. Then their niggly little fouls were disgraceful and they should have been booked with Zouma potentially sent off for sheer volume.

The premiership players go down very easily, make Andrade look like Dwayne Johnson. 2 or 3 got injured heading the ball for god's sake.

Referees must surely learn soon that it doesn't matter how big the guy is, if Rhead's shirt is being pulled and they're jumping on him IT'S A FOUL!!

Also lovely ball by Chapman for McCartan near the end.

All in all their attacking players quality made the difference but give us an air raid siren and we could have won that.

Terrific performance, very controlled apart from the five minutes around their goals.

My favourite bit of commentary, on my feed:

"There's no mistaking Matt Rhead up there, he's twice the size of most of the players. Literally in the case of Bernard."

Baines is still a really, really good player though.

Made me laugh that.
Heard one of the commentators talking about when they were at Lincoln, on about the 3G pitch, but didn't catch who it was?

Absolutely superb performance from the lads today and a great day out. Shared a taxi back with two Irish toffees who described our support as one of the best they've ever seen at goodison. The younger of the two lives next door to mccartan's mum! small world...

Time for a few beers!