Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City

Lord Shearer wouldn't have scored for ustoday. Walker got no service whatsoever. Apart from around his neck and ears. If we are going to give him that kind of supply, we should start with big John.

Yes I think we should give Payne a rest play Andrade (for grant) walker and akinde

Funny old game

First 5 league games last season- scored 11 conceded 4
First 5 league games this season- scored 10 conceded 4

Consistent across attack and defence.

What is clear that, by luck, our first two home games happened to be against the two of the poorest teams in the league.

That we haven't got a bean from the last two games despite playing well isn't worrying yet- maybe frustrating but not worrying. Fleetwood will be interesting as a result, on paper, looks tough but they haven't been to San Sincil recently!

Still not getting the best out of Walker but collectively, in the last 2 games our finishing has been awful, everything being snatched at, like the team have collective shooting yips. Something hopefully being worked on in training. Negates the good football which is trying to get forward.

At the other end, we've looked more vulnerable with Shack and Bossie, lack of pace and better forwards making their combined experience less effective at this level? Bolger deserves to start.

Donny were a good side, fast on the counter, robust and well organised in defence, good at the dark arts when necessary. Finish above them, we'd be in a good place.

Couldn't see what first half pen shout was about but players were adamant; Shack clearly held down. Bruno's just outside box tho he made sure he went down in the box.

I thought Doncaster were a good side and on balance they shaded it, though both their goals came during spells where we were on top.

I'm not disheartened as I think overall the team has been playing well and could easily have come away from these two away games with four points instead of none.

I don't know what Bolger did to deserve to be left out of the side for the last two games, though - it hasn't improved the defence. And we look more potent with Andrade on the pitch than sitting on the bench.

An entertaining game for me .Donny looked good .They had the right blend of skill and aggression. I am enjoying our new style of play its nice to watch but we need to make sure we don't get too tippy tappy . I had a look at their fans Forum and was a little dismayed to read a lot of negative comments regarding our good selves being 6 fingered inbred and cocky ...blah blah .No need for that .

An entertaining game for me .Donny looked good .They had the right blend of skill and aggression. I am enjoying our new style of play its nice to watch but we need to make sure we don't get too tippy tappy . I had a look at their fans Forum and was a little dismayed to read a lot of negative comments regarding our good selves being 6 fingered inbred and cocky ...blah blah .No need for that .
Yep, at times we looked like we were trying to walk it in. A little less so in the second half. We were also taking unnecessary risks fannying around at the back. There's a time and place for all manner of approaches, don't think we got that balance quite right today.

Watched this on ifollow again today, and we just aren’t getting the rub of the green at the moment. Personally, we look an excellent side and with a little luck and a decent ref would have won both of the last two matches. We had 2 solid penalty shouts today and were a better side than Doncaster, we will finish in the top half this season, I think top 6! UTI

At 1-1 only looked like one team was looking to win it, but there you go. Between the boxes we look good, but games are not won there. Although on reflection I don't think in general DC sides create loads of clear-cut chances. Probably played better last two away than at Rotherham but football eh bloody hell.
Was a perfect away performance, by Donny that was playing on the break.

What do you expect it’s South Yorkshire home of the gobby twat

Joe Morrell MotM today, Imps poor in both boxes again in another game we bossed for long spells ... so frustrating ?

We sent the wrong striker on loan to Boston btw.

I think your spot on, I would much prefer to see JAS coming on, I don’t want to get down on JA, but would prefer to live in the real world. Unless it’s a penalty I subconsciously give up up on us scoring when JA gets the ball near goal, I would love him to prove me wrong however.

I think your spot on, I would much prefer to see JAS coming on, I don’t want to get down on JA, but would prefer to live in the real world. Unless it’s a penalty I subconsciously give up up on us scoring when JA gets the ball near goal, I would love him to prove me wrong however.

I wonder if we can get 2 in we might cash in on him £200k to forest green? Either that or we play to his strengths a d sign Rhead junior

Noticed a some posts on their forum earlier, just before the game, where they were missing the start or not making the game. I mean, c'mon! How do you not realise when you're team is kicking off?!

Watching today’s game showed how much we have improved from last season but there is a big difference between the top 6 in Division 1 and Division 2, the likes of Ipswich, Pompey and Sunderland have huge budgets compared to us, if we finish top half I will be happy.

Like to see Bolger back at CB to give us a bit of pace at the back, thought Payne looks a great signing.

Hopefully with the money from the Everton game we can bring a couple of players in to boost numbers.

UTMI

I've held back for quite a few hours. Imagine playing a game but playing more players than your team has? That was the case today. We could have been given 2-3 penalties today, but unfortunately, the officials were utter tosh. That is being nice, too.