Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers v Lincoln City

Very disappointed with the resilt. That one lapse has cost us so much more than a point, it's cost us our early momentum. We need a home game double quick.

Same as at MKD unfortunately:

You cannot afford to make simple mistakes in defence.
You have to take your opportunities.
You have to test the opponent's keeper more.

Sort that and we have the skills and fitness to compete with anyone.

Last edited:
Mugged by clinical opposition twice in a week, I think we will learn quickly that we need to be better in the attacking box.

Good signs to have these on the wrack, and but for some crazy defending for their second would have been a great point.

Disappointing to lose but its two games we have played well in. It is a big step up and 3 wins from 5 isnt too bad a start and we can take heart we deserved something from mk and doncaster games

Effin'ell - should have had at least a point each out of the last 2 games - we had Donny on the back foot in the second half - we need another striker asap - Akinde had a golden chance near the end and headed over - but hey-ho we go again on Wednesday

Great performance Imps. For me that game showed there is a difference in class between L1 & L2. Doncaster are a good team, although they did resort to foul play more than they should. I think we were a little naive after going a goal down, but whatever DC said at HT it did make a difference and the Imps played much better. Once again however, we have lost the game through a mistake instead of doing the simple thing. Anyway, less disheartened than I was at HT and I think DC will have learned a huge amount from MKD, but especially this game as I think Donny are a typical top half L1 team - bit vulnarable but with enough quality to score and win games.

Take a breath, we can learn from the errors. Graeme is right about the loss of momentum but that can be tempered with decent performances and at 5pm today we will still be in the top half of the table. Re-set and enjoy the Everton game for what it is, come back next weekend. The football matches in L1 are a far better spectacle than L2 so whilst we remain competitive (and we will) roll with the disappointments.

I make that just the seventh time we've lost back to back league matches under DC.

Looking at the next five league matches cycle post each of the last six times ...

First time - 15 points from 15
Second time - 11 points from 15
Third time - 11 points from 15
Fourth time - 13 points from 15
Fifth time - 11 points from 15
Sixth time - 9 points from 15 (the first five league matches of this season after back to back defeats to end last season)

I'd think we would all take a similar reaction this time around.

I think we did enough to get a draw today but never mind. 9 points from 15 is a better start than I and many thought
An early what did we learn today though is get rid if you are defending on the edge of the box. That lapse was the key moment in the game