Match Thread - Charlton Home | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Charlton Home

I'd take that at the moment just to get it over with but hopefully we'll be able to look back at this brief period in club history and laugh at it eventually. Some of the things that went on etc

Same again toothless we got let off twice in that game with their man getting sent off and their goal being disallowed. Questions need to be asked why we set up with Husband at Cb and Ballard on the bench I can’t be too critical of Husband he’s not playing in his natural position I still say critchly’s out of his depth we'll have to give him a season at least but not expect anything more than a mid table finish.
Same again toothless we got let off twice in that game with their man getting sent off and their goal being disallowed. Questions need to be asked why we set up with Husband at Cb and Ballard on the bench I can’t be too critical of Husband he’s not playing in his natural position I still say critchly’s out of his depth we'll have to give him a season at least but not expect anything more than a mid table finish.

No good being in the real World Ash, you have to pretend everything is absolutely fine and it will all come good..... Those little pixies will weave their magic and sprinkle some fairy dust on those poor lame players of ours.

Think positive we’ve signed the best of league two, we’ll piss that league next season 👍🏻

I'd take that at the moment just to get it over with but hopefully we'll be able to look back at this brief period in club history and laugh at it eventually. Some of the things that went on etc

I doubt its going to be brief. We have a long way to go before we straighten out from this mess and get rid the rubbish we've brought in.

Last edited:
Thought big Marv played well tonight.
Mitchell was tore a new one all night.
Williams doesn't do it for me.
Labala was the wrong sub to make.
Zonal marking is chuffing chite, stop it right now.

Knock a draw off the total depending on whether Fleetwood game counted. I know he was making changes against Tranmere to try to get back in it from 2-0 down at half time.

I make it as P12 W1 D5 L6 in league and cup so far.

Last edited:
Thought big Marv played well tonight.
Mitchell was tore a new one all night.
Williams doesn't do it for me.
Labala was the wrong sub to make.
Zonal marking is chuffing chite, stop it right now.

Think Williams is a necessity at the moment, the team looks more balance with him there - but agree that he could improve. Lad from Barnsleh?

Thought Marv and Ballard both played well.

I wonder if Steve McMahon fancies a job back in management?....

Are you fishing again Bobby Boy--well, this old Carp has taken your bait. :fish:

I would bring back Ian Holloway. He could inspire and build confidence in players and knew exactly how to bring out the best in them. He worked miracles for us and was such a charismatic influential figure head. Yes, we all know about Hollowords but I'm surprised he stayed with us for as long as he did, constantly having to do battle without any serious financial investment. I bet he's missing the windswept wastes of Squires Gate. I wonder if they have found Budgie's Smugglers yet? :whist:

Last edited:
Are you fishing again Bobby Boy--well, this old Carp has taken your bait. :fish:

I would bring back Ian Holloway. He could inspire and build confidence in players and knew exactly how to bring out the best in them. He worked miracles for us and was such a charismatic influential figure head. Yes, we all know about Hollowords but I'm surprised he stayed with us for as long as he did, constantly having to do battle without any serious financial investment. I bet he's missing the windswept wastes of Squires Gate. I wonder if they have found Budgie's Smugglers yet? :whist:
Ollie did well and I would have him back tomorrow....without Karl.

I think, unless NC changes tactics (we are just not creating anything), he will be a goner. So when do we think Sadler will lose patience and who would you like from the out of work managers?