Match Thread - Charlton Home | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Charlton Home

I think, unless NC changes tactics (we are just not creating anything), he will be a goner. So when do we think Sadler will lose patience and who would you like from the out of work managers?

Surely way too soon to be talking about who we'd like next?

I really don't want us to becoming one of those clubs that rotates through managers. If nothing else, the transfer window has just shut and we haven't seen some of the players NC has brought in yet. A new manager wouldn't be able to bring anyone else in so give him a while longer yet!

Surely way too soon to be talking about who we'd like next?

I really don't want us to becoming one of those clubs that rotates through managers. If nothing else, the transfer window has just shut and we haven't seen some of the players NC has brought in yet. A new manager wouldn't be able to bring anyone else in so give him a while longer yet!
Panic central amongst some of the posters on here.

I get it, sky high expectations (partly from the club it should be said) and then an absolutely atrocious start. It's a big fall.

With the exception of the Ipswich game, we haven't played awful though.
It was only the defence who were awful v Ipswich as well.

It was only the defence who were awful v Ipswich as well.

Agreed.

It looks like the first goal is so crucial for us, if we concede first it means the opposition can just sit back and absorb all of our possession. Any time we’ve looked dangerous it’s been 0-0 or we’ve been winning.

Agreed.

It looks like the first goal is so crucial for us, if we concede first it means the opposition can just sit back and absorb all of our possession. Any time we’ve looked dangerous it’s been 0-0 or we’ve been winning.

Interesting observation. C Js pace on the counter attack is a real threat

Panic central amongst some of the posters on here.

No panic at all. I have always judged managers after 10 games, but this is a results game and we aren't looking like scoring or getting a result playing the tactics we are using. Most teams that go behind and that want to get something from the game try to change things to make things happen, including getting more players in the box. The only time we have done that was 15 minutes at Crewe. Opposition managers seem to have had more tactical nous. It would be different if we were making loads of chances and were unlucky. That has not the case after the first couple of games

No panic at all. I have always judged managers after 10 games, but this is a results game and we aren't looking like scoring or getting a result playing the tactics we are using. Most teams that go behind and that want to get something from the game try to change things to make things happen, including getting more players in the box. The only time we have done that was 15 minutes at Crewe. Opposition managers seem to have had more tactical nous. It would be different if we were making loads of chances and were unlucky. That has not the case after the first couple of games

Spot on. I can't see any improvement either.

after the pre season i expected us to really tear into teams with an explosive first 20 mins as matches went on we would tire and then hopefully we would have a couple of goal cushion. our style of play allows the opponents to defend and actually do what it appears we want CJ to be doing catch us on the break i dont know the figures but would suspect the bulk of goals have come that way.

Should we arrive at 20 games and results have not improved significantly, we shall ALL be hitting the panic button.

Last edited: