Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City

Oh well. Better to lose when promotion is already guaranteed. We move on to Monday to seal it in front of a packed house at Sincil Bank.
Having predicted promotion after the Cheltenham game and the title after the Tranmere one I'm still very chilled

Welll guys and girls, summary today our un-beaten streak comes to a end but never mind,

On to Monday and for that point,

And finally, Don't worry be happy. Have a safe trip back all you travelling Imps

Always going to get beat at some point. Re group and two days rest and recovery. Full house Monday. What a game that’s going to be. Tranny still in the automatic race so it’s going to be another full on fixture. Fully expect to clinch the title ?

Well it is difficult with 10 against 12, because that's what it was. How can that referee be a Championship ref? He was so fussy and card-happy but did nothing to let the game flow. The Carlisle players were pulling Imps all over the pitch and the ref gave nothing and as for the slide through in our penalty area late on, and the late challenge that put Harry on the shale - disgraceful. Is this a case of a ref once again having pre-conceived ideas about the Imps being physical, etc? Wouldn't suprise me in the least. Oh well, regroup for Monday. We really didn't deserve to lose that.

Mansfield are away at Oldham on Monday and they still have a sniff of the play offs so just match their result Monday and job is done

Sky tv Monday. 3pm
Oldham v Mansfield.

Meanwhile the biggest game of the league 2 season is happening at Sincil Bank in front of a full house. ...

Probably means there won't be as many travelling Stags supporters which may dampen it for them

Fair play to Carlisle they got a result to keep their season alive, I don’t think they will quite make it.

Still in our hands and I know we want and deserve to be champions but let’s be honest we have a cigar on now.

Controversial... but watching on ifollow i didnt think the ref got much wrong.

Neither did I. The only controversial thing was booking Bolger before he came onto the pitch.

The sending off was entirely justified. The first Shackell tackle was a booking and a half and the second, considering the situation, was plain stupid.

Referee was fussy but didn't get any big calls wrong. Shackell was stupid. First tackle was reckless, second booking was brainless. Players worked themselves into the ground, literally in many cases. Quality was lacking even with eleven. Plenty to be proud of, plenty to work on.

Fair play to Carlisle they got a result to keep their season alive, I don’t think they will quite make it.

Still in our hands and I know we want and deserve to be champions but let’s be honest we have a cigar on now.

I think they might. They have Grimsby, Crawley and Yeovil to play (if I heard the excitable Radio Cumbria commentator right). They were a bit powder puff in attack but they have some tidy players

The ref was just very inconsistent and didn't really give Harry Anderson any protection.

I thought we actually did very well and worked extremely hard. Carlisle deserved the win but probably only because they were against 10 men. They looked a decent team but you can see why they're not higher, their finishing was dreadful. Thought thier number 21 was a cracking player, broke play up really well. We just struggled to keep the ball and gave it away far too easily. Still very proud of them though. No doubt Shackell is a fantastic defender but his second yellow was beyond foolish.

Only real concern is the state of the players going in to Monday. They all looked knackered and both Bruno and Anderson are likely injured.

Unbelievably I've only see Lincoln win twice in 2019 and I've see 4 of the 5 loses this year! So it's likely we'll win the league at Newport as that's the only one I'm not going to.

Last edited: