Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City

Poor from Shackell. He’s been great for us but that’s twice now he’s left his teammates in the lurch away from home.

I might also add that Shackell threw the armband at Eardley like an arse. He was on a red yesterday whatever.

Really disappointing to see Shackell react like that, what a plonker. He should know better. Doubtless he'll have had a proper bollocking from Danny for the lack of discipline.

I’m perfectly capable of making an objective view thanks. As my two non Imp friends from Edinburgh who joined me. The agreed view amongst us was that Mason had a shocker. I’m sorry if that goes against your view, but I thought this a forum where reasonable freedom of speech is allowed and fans can vent their frustrations.

And your view very much needs to be respected.

Your poor planning is not our problem, I even booked off the play off dates as leave just in case.

I'll let this slide I guess, although I thought the mental image of me willing the Imps on from 20m under London while catching WiFi signals at station stops might have been amusing. Obviously a casual troll like yourself didn't see the funny side

That does not look good from Shackell. You cannot lay a finger on the officials never mind shove one like that. It also looks like the fourth official showed him a card too too. Do they have the power to do that?

Could be the end of Shackell at City if the people that matter consider it serious enough.

I'll let this slide I guess, although I thought the mental image of me willing the Imps on from 20m under London while catching WiFi signals at station stops might have been amusing. Obviously a casual troll like yourself didn't see the funny side

Troll, underground great, just banter, army style.

I have looked at that five times now and it looks to me as though Shackell puts his hand on the fourth official's arm and the fourth official steps backwards. That is different from a push although he shouldn't have touched him at all. It isn't the clearest video and I could see why someone would use it to claim a push, but I am not convinced much more will come of it.

No mate, we were block 4 row X. Me and my lad drove up from Shrewsbury (crappy journey) and met our friends from Edinburgh there. They said there was a lot of Imps on their train from Edinburgh

Yet again, glad I drove up with my son from Telford to Crewe and got the train up from there.

Paolo Di Canio it isn't, but I fully expect him to have an extended ban.

Who knows what went on - the lack of reaction from anyone including the 4th official says a lot. The angle is a strange one the chap walked backwards so perhaps he tripped?

This is all of nothing

Carlisle matches have always been heated affairs. Can remember the match when their manager and striker - Collins and Forlan? Got sent off at SB. I think that was fighting?

Who knows what went on - the lack of reaction from anyone including the 4th official says a lot. The angle is a strange one the chap walked backwards so perhaps he tripped?

This is all of nothing

Carlisle matches have always been heated affairs. Can remember the match when their manager and striker - Collins and Forlan? Got sent off at SB. I think that was fighting?

Was that the one where they ended up with 8 players but still won 1-0?

Shouldn’t lay hands on an official full stop so asking for trouble I’m afraid. It’s that officious cock Stocksbridge who effectively ruined Billy Knott’s career - so expect to hear much more about it

Why did we only name six players on the bench yesterday when we have two presumably fit loanees who are not getting a look in with us? Or did Freck pull out when they were already up there? If not, it doesn't say much about Brown or Angol, does it?

Was that the one where they ended up with 8 players but still won 1-0?
Yes it was, we had 10.
Believe there then owner and Foran caused trouble in the boardroom after the match, at least we went there and won 4 1 later in the season.

Did someone say Backhouse is ref on Monday?
He did the game last time too if so, gave them a very dodgy pen.

Why did we only name six players on the bench yesterday when we have two presumably fit loanees who are not getting a look in with us? Or did Freck pull out when they were already up there? If not, it doesn't say much about Brown or Angol, does it?
You have to have 1 club grown player in your matchday squad. Without Frecklington we don’t have one so can only name 6 subs.