Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City

Monday is a quick turnaround for a team that has just played 60mins with 10 men. It could get nervy if we don't do it Monday though. I'm quietly/nervously confident we will be having an afternoon of pomp and ceremony on May 4th though.

Just back
Pleasant drive to Carlise and back......
Well done to the 10 for keeping the legs going in that heat as it was tough enough sitting in it watching
Lots of desire but struggled to make a real go of it after Shacks was off
Big John didn’t his part with honourable mentions to Bossie and Harry also Gilks
Harry looked in some discomfort at the end after a horrendous tackle which the PL ref didn’t see
Not our day but least it didn’t rain
Uti

Just back
Pleasant drive to Carlise and back......
Well done to the 10 for keeping the legs going in that heat as it was tough enough sitting in it watching
Lots of desire but struggled to make a real go of it after Shacks was off
Big John didn’t his part with honourable mentions to Bossie and Harry also Gilks
Harry looked in some discomfort at the end after a horrendous tackle which the PL ref didn’t see
Not our day but least it didn’t rain
Uti
Defo a better drive back.
SalfordImp was right. M6 is the way to go, not M1 / A66.

Defo a better drive back.
SalfordImp was right. M6 is the way to go, not M1 / A66.
No way:eek!:4 hours Manchester to Carlisle on the way up today. Luckilly the threatened road works weren't in evidence just to add to the fun. Thankfully I knew what was coming and set off at 10am. In the name of insanity what possesses people to think, 'I know let's pop to Blackpool or The Lake District this Easter'. In particular good luck to the ones queuing to get off at the south lakes slip road - might get there for your evening meal.

No way:eek!:4 hours Manchester to Carlisle on the way up today. Luckilly the threatened road works weren't in evidence just to add to the fun. Thankfully I knew what was coming and set off at 10am. In the name of insanity what possesses people to think, 'I know let's pop to Blackpool or The Lake District this Easter'. In particular good luck to the ones queuing to get off at the south lakes slip road - might get there for your evening meal.

I must admit I generally use the M6 at 5am..

Glad we let the train take the strain. Feel for the guy I talked to at Carlisle who had 150 miles to do after he got off the train at Crewe.

Took me four hours Leeds to Carlisle via A66. That includes a google maps shortcut while most people queued at the A66 blockage.
Straight run home down M6 M61 M62.

Controversial... but watching on ifollow i didnt think the ref got much wrong.

The view from the stands was that the big things were,

a) Shackell's first yellow
b) Shackell's second yellow
c) the tackle on Tofollo in our box
d) Bossie's yellow which looked like a red
e) Harry's thumping onto the shale, which is hard to see as anything other than dangerous play (although there is an argument that Carlisle should be sanctioned for how obviously dangerous it is to have it around the pitch.

That said we were sat in row Y.

Amazed they didn't score that break at the end which made Eardley somehow look fast.!

Not fast, but he didn't give up, Just kept chasing and of the 3 or 4 pushes that the breaking player made, one wasn't quite straight enough and Eardley got in between. It was just typical Lincoln. Keep going just in case and force the just in case that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

To be fair to the lovely man, Eardley has never looked fast, even when racing the Mascots.