Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City

The last play off spot will go down to the wire and we still have to play 2 very much in that equation in Newport and Colchester. Tranmere on Monday need a win to keep their automatic hopes alive.
We do need to be on our game still to ensure the title. Matches are not going to be easy but still very confident in seeing this through

We do need to be on our game still to ensure the title. Matches are not going to be easy but still very confident in seeing this through

Seriously? We could lose all three games and we will still win the league.

And we will get at least five more points anyway.

Seriously? We could lose all three games and we will still win the league.

And we will get at least five more points anyway.

Indeed I was just thinking that we can't just turn up as all our opponents have something to play for as opposed to if we were playing a Northampton/Crawley for example

Last edited:
Statistically we were probably due a defeat-mind you didn't expect it against this lot. No need to panic though,likely to be all wrapped up on Monday.

Indeed I was just thinking that we can't just turn up as all our opponents have something to play for as opposed to if we were playing a Stevenage/Crawley for example

There's a flipside to that Sedgley which is that Tranmere - and possibly Newport and Colchester if they're not out of it by then, will also be nervous.

On the other hand, our primary goal is already achieved and there is very little to lose.

Quality was lacking even with eleven

I thought it was a decent, even game until the sending off. They had good possession but we looked more dangerous and penetrative as we were getting the ball wide and into good positions.

After the sending off we retreated and got into a very defensive mindset. Gilks didn't have too much to do, mind.

If nothing else it showed that the McCartan/Rowe position is more valuable than it might sometimes appear.

That MK Mansfield game is looking huge now. Even if we goi into meltdown, which we won’t, this is the game that ensures we have the tital.

How is that buffoon a Premier League referee? Don’t agree with Shacks second yellow. Disgusting challenges on Bossie and Harry worthy is straight reds. We weren’t great today but as previously mentioned hard when 10 v 12. And before anyone says my comments are outcome biased, I had some Hibs and Hearts supporting guests who fully agree

the good news:
cross Bury off the list of challengers.
down to just Mansfield or Mk now.
and the lowest we can finish is second.

Indeed I was just thinking that we can't just turn up as all our opponents have something to play for as opposed to if we were playing a Northampton/Crawley for example

Both of whom had 3-1 wins today against teams desperate for the points. You can't tell who is going to play their best and who is going to go through the motions, who is going to be too tense and who will be relaxed.

Both of whom had 3-1 wins today against teams desperate for the points. You can't tell who is going to play their best and who is going to go through the motions, who is going to be too tense and who will be relaxed.
Only Grimsby seem to be a nailed-on three points these days ;)

Sky tv Monday. 3pm
Oldham v Mansfield.

Meanwhile the biggest game of the league 2 season is happening at Sincil Bank in front of a full house. ...

And we are on this p1ss that night,ewewimps,Ketterinimp all booked up overnight stop and nosh booked up too.
yipee...........................................................

How is that buffoon a Premier League referee? Don’t agree with Shacks second yellow. Disgusting challenges on Bossie and Harry worthy is straight reds. We weren’t great today but as previously mentioned hard when 10 v 12. And before anyone says my comments are outcome biased, I had some Hibs and Hearts supporting guests who fully agree

Definitely a sending off in my opinion, but that was about the only thing the ref got right.

The Carlisle fans think he was very good and fair.
The only thing I don't understand is why Shackell does something that might get the ref to book him twice in 5 minutes?
Senior pro and captian, not very bright imho given Mr Mason's reputation.

I thought Shackell was a nailed on red to be honest. Both totally avoidable bone headed bookings followed by squaring up to the 4th official. Fortunately Shackell has a lot of credit in the bank this season but of all the days to go down to 10, one of the hottest days of the year at a tough away opponent was probably not ideal. Mason is an overly officious bell end but annoyingly right on that one in my opinion. Not sure where it came from, both he and Bozzie a bit rash in the tackle today.

The game as a whole I thought they were good at getting onto second balls and did well in midfield, but were pretty limited and needed a goal like that (long range daisy cutter) as they kept squandering good positions. Amazed they didn't score that break at the end which made Eardley somehow look fast.

For us - we weren't quite at the races and I don't think many emerged with credit - Pett was heavily involved and Anderson a threat but not the best performance today with ten or eleven- I'll allow it of course!

Just got back. Great day out. Think we deserved a draw with 10 men but hey ho, not to be. Shacks unlucky with second yellow; might have got away with it but not with the way the Carlisle player went down. Ref had no choice. We get the chance to go again