Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Brunton-Park-Carlisle-United-2-1024x668.jpg

Carlisle United (a): Match Officials Confirmed:

Information about tonight's match officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/carlisle-united-a-match-officials-confirmed/

Three Things The Imps Need To Do To Beat Carlisle United:

"Find some way to shore up the midfield. Our current set-up is slow, static, energyless, lacking in strength and the will to win the ball."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/three-things-the-imps-need-to-do-to-beat-carlisle-united/

Carlisle United (a): Tonight's Team News:

The kick-off is at 19:00, and team news will be provided on the link below once we have it.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/carlisle-united-a-tonights-team-news/

Remember all those going to the game we are in the EWM stand tonight.

Also note that Carlisle are not producing a match day programme for the game.

Last edited:
MA intimating a change of formation for tonight. Let's wait and see. A game we should in normal conditions win, but one which I'll be happy with an improved performance. Chances for Sanders and Adelakun to cement starting places I'd suggest

MA intimating a change of formation for tonight. Let's wait and see. A game we should in normal conditions win, but one which I'll be happy with an improved performance. Chances for Sanders and Adelakun to cement starting places I'd suggest

I'll believe it when I see it.

Pay on the day is available for anyone wishing to drive to Carlisle on a whim.

Paul, hope you pick this up: I'm feeling well enough, so will be heading down for the game. Will aim to be there around 6.15, so can meet you at the away ticket office (adjacent to the big stand).

Another tough one.

This isn't tough, they're absolute garbage and looked National League standard already in their recent derby versus an equally dismal Barrow.

That said, beating the Poolies at the weekend is more important, so if our array of 'sicknotes' can't handle 2 games in a week, priority must go towards the FA Cup.

This isn't tough, they're absolute garbage and looked National League standard already in their recent derby versus an equally dismal Barrow.

That said, beating the Poolies at the weekend is more important, so if our array of 'sicknotes' can't handle 2 games in a week, priority must go towards the FA Cup.

Yes, as I said, another tough one.

Dare I mention Home v Accy???

We only have two strikers, both are young lads and the 17 year old has just started back to back games. It's a big ask of the players and risk to injuries (no cover) to throw them in for both games against that back drop.

I'm purely guessing but wouldn't be surprised if N'Lundulu is the lone striker tonight but he and Freddie both start against Hartlepool.