Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest sponsored by that sinking feeling | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest sponsored by that sinking feeling

if semedo played like that all the time i would have no qualms about putting him in when sow is inevitably out. yates positional sense and general play is poor. he kept giving the ball away last night .

his gf was pregnant and he disappeared for few months. might be getting carried away but maybe it affected his form. trying to give the lad some benefit of doubt.

The worst part of his game last night was his positioning. I didnt see him not once make himself available and create and angle for the man on. He was shit

Yeah, but Fulham are pretty good though
1582734818471.png

Nice red triangle saying they aren't. How we are where we are is an indicator. I can't talk too much about the others because it would be on the few games I have seen them play and their recent results. I have seen a high percentage of our games. Watching Leeds and WBA against teams other than ourselves, they have looked better than us. Fulham are average with an average manager. Brentford, Preston, Bristold City and Blackburn are shit. Very average league.

View attachment 37799

Nice red triangle saying they aren't. How we are where we are is an indicator. I can't talk too much about the others because it would be on the few games I have seen them play and their recent results. I have seen a high percentage of our games. Watching Leeds and WBA against teams other than ourselves, they have looked better than us. Fulham are average with an average manager. Brentford, Preston, Bristold City and Blackburn are shit. Very average league.
The red triangle shows you that we have gone ahead of them by playing a day earlier.

I agree about Fulham's average manager. I don't agree that they have an average team though

The red triangle shows you that we have gone ahead of them by playing a day earlier.

I agree about Fulham's average manager. I don't agree that they have an average team though

My point though pope is that the league must be below par because these very average teams are not running away with it. I know everyone can beat anyone but its dire. We are punching well above our weight in my opinion. I think the squad is very average and yet we are third.

My point though pope is that the league must be below par because these very average teams are not running away with it. I know everyone can beat anyone but its dire. We are punching well above our weight in my opinion. I think the squad is very average and yet we are third.

How are the White Band chap?

We are, yes.
But Brentford are a very good side.

Never been very sure of why Preston are where they are and Bristol are a bit more meh.

But then you have pretty good teams on paper like Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and QPR who are struggling as SL said yesterday, this is a crazy league.

I know it's a cliche, but the beauty of this league is that anyone can beat anyone.

Barnsley played some good football at the City Ground. Luton beat Brentford last night. Stoke have a squad which looks good enough to be going for autos.

You can call it a poor league for that reason, but I'd call it exciting. Not saying that Forest home games have been that exciting, mind - we've clearly struggled and miss the spark of an Andy Reid, or Guedioura first time round, to create chances from midfield. If Grabban doesn't score we've struggled.

But I've watched enough away games live via Sky or ifollow to notice that we look comfortable and confident. We often spoil it with a poor final ball, but you could see us scoring two or three most away games if we became clinical. And the defence speaks for itself. It's impressive to get results at WBA, Leeds, Fulham, Brentford, Bristol City, Swansea and Cardiff.

Still a work in progress, and sometimes this side does look bang average. It has great potential, though. So it's a massive plus that we've kept in touch with Leeds and West Brom (who are arguably the two best sides so far).

I would say Samba, Cash, Worrall, Figuieredo, Ribeiro, Sow, Watson, Lolley and Grabban are all players who you wouldn't be overly surprised at playing in a Playoff side.

In terms of that quality in the Starting 11 there, I would put us behind WBA, Leeds and Fulham and probably on a par with Brentford.

The issue is there is no real strength in depth beyond that and the recruitment team is to blame for that.

I saw that McGuane's deal has finally gone through. Interested to know if 1) is he eligible to play this season? 2) is he good enough to walk straight on to the bench?