Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest sponsored by that sinking feeling | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cardiff Vs Forest sponsored by that sinking feeling

Just wondering why Figs does not get as much love as some of the other players

My hangover is kicking in

And the curry I had last night is making my arsehole go 50p 20p

Only thing that’s shit at the moment is that “Forest are magic on and off the field” chant. It’s one of the cringiest chants I’ve ever heard from the terraces and seems to be the ‘in’ song every game.

Agreed, It’s a bit faggoty, much prefer the Grimsby version

if semedo played like that all the time i would have no qualms about putting him in when sow is inevitably out. yates positional sense and general play is poor. he kept giving the ball away last night .

his gf was pregnant and he disappeared for few months. might be getting carried away but maybe it affected his form. trying to give the lad some benefit of doubt.

Figs and Worrall could play Premier League. Bday

It would be interesting to see how they get on. We play to crowd the middle and offer a little space outwide because we know they're very comfortable with crosses. In the PL their lack of pace might be more exposed.

Didn't feel we were threatened at all last night. Rock sold and unlucky to only get one.

I think Semedo expects the ball to travel as it does in Spain whenever he shoots. He'll be more effective whe he realises he needs to get closer before shooting, or find someone in a better position.

Last edited:
We say that every single season, so not sure if you are serious or not.

But on a serious note, on what basis do we ever say that?

Is it a poor league when all the teams are bunched up together because anyone can beat anyone?

Or is it poorer when a few teams absolutely fly away from everyone else?

Not sure it's a poor league. Derby have Wayne Rooney and can only manage mid table

I would have thought that the relative strength of a League would be largely determined by its competitive nature; if so we have a strong League this season.

You can go all the way down to 13 position to find teams with a realistic chance of a play off place - the team in 13th place, Wednesday will be 8 points from 6th if they win their game in hand.

West Brom are in a strong position but by no means safe and Leeds are definitely vulnerable at the moment.

Every set of fixtures you look at has three or four (or more) games with a bearing on the promotion race.

You could argue that the gap between the EFL and PL has grown and the gap between the EFL and L1 has definitely grown, although Sheffield United would be a very notable exception to that theory.

I would have thought that the relative strength of a League would be largely determined by its competitive nature; if so we have a strong League this season.

You can go all the way down to 13 position to find teams with a realistic chance of a play off place - the team in 13th place, Wednesday will be 8 points from 6th if they win their game in hand.

West Brom are in a strong position but by no means safe and Leeds are definitely vulnerable at the moment.

Every set of fixtures you look at has three or four (or more) games with a bearing on the promotion race.

You could argue that the gap between the EFL and PL has grown and the gap between the EFL and L1 has definitely grown, although Sheffield United would be a very notable exception to that theory.

I'm unconvinced it has, the PL is incredibly mediocre and over hyped by and large.

if semedo played like that all the time i would have no qualms about putting him in when sow is inevitably out. yates positional sense and general play is poor. he kept giving the ball away last night .

his gf was pregnant and he disappeared for few months. might be getting carried away but maybe it affected his form. trying to give the lad some benefit of doubt.

We looked much better second half - perhaps that will give Semedo confidence - should have scored though!

It would be interesting to see how they get on. We play to crowd the middle and offer a little space outwide because we know they're very comfortable with crosses. In the PL their lack of pace might be more exposed.
Would be interesting to know hat the market value of our back 5 (incl Samba) might be, as they all have potentially their best year ahead of them, not suggesting we should cash in but would be interesting to know their combined value

We say that every single season, so not sure if you are serious or not.

But on a serious note, on what basis do we ever say that?

Is it a poor league when all the teams are bunched up together because anyone can beat anyone?

Or is it poorer when a few teams absolutely fly away from everyone else?

Not sure it's a poor league. Derby have Wayne Rooney and can only manage mid table

I base it on the third placed team being very ordinary and perhaps somewhat overachieving.