Match Thread- Cardiff Vs Forest, sponsored by let's just get this over with | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread- Cardiff Vs Forest, sponsored by let's just get this over with

Big win we really need to stop going a goal up and then just look to hold it, again he's not using the bench when he's got decent options to replace tired players.

Massive result. Nice to shithouse these pricks. Imo cardiff their own worst enemy, the first half long ball show a complete disaster.

For us good day, clean sheet. How desperately do we need a striker?

Reckon that should see us safe

Didn't get to see all the game but noticed a few things: they are violent thugs and the ref was lenient to them with his cards, back 4 was good, Ameobi was shite. It's a shame we don't have more quality as the counter attack was always on 2nd half.

Still a fantastic result and should just about see us safe. U reds!

Very close to safety after that.

Goalkeeper and centre backs are as good as we’ll get in this league. Christie has also improved massively when viewed as an attacking full-back; he’s our most creative player.

If we could have found another 15 goals this season, we’d be in the top 6. That’s the big issue, we create virtually nothing, and score even less.

I think there’s 17 teams that have conceded more than us, with another 2 having conceded the same.

We have a playoff ready defence, and a relegation ready attack.

Still think 2 more wins to be sure.

For QPR we need to sit Yates, Cafu, and Ameobi. I would play Colback with Garner, and have Knocks and Krov.
Thought Blackett was steady and solid

Good three points, now it has to be an even worse disaster than last for us not getting the points the we need to see us through this season.
Good first hlaf, but not so much the second. We were lucky a couple of times (free headers for Cardiff and a couple of last ditch blocks).
We allowed them too much ground. we lost the midfield (or the midfield played to deep, thus allowing more pressure on our back four).
Grabban and cafu should have ben replaced much earlier, and probably even Ameobi on the second half showing.
Back four were solid, again, and i cannot understand why Blackett isnt our regular number 3. For me the back four of today (injuries permitting) should be our best back four.
Garner was excellent in the first half, second half like Yates and Ameobi, gone missing.
If we are not going to play balls for Mighten to run for, no use having him. he is too weak to be part of a team that spends almost a whole half in its box defending corners and free kicks.
Anyway fantastic three points, not lose v QPR (ideally winning ) and the team can enjoy the rest of the season.

Still think 2 more wins to be sure.

For QPR we need to sit Yates, Cafu, and Ameobi. I would play Colback with Garner, and have Knocks and Krov.
Thought Blackett was steady and solid

I’m a big Yates critic and don’t really like him but thought he was outstanding today to be fair.

Cafu is just woeful, lazy, cowardly, slow and just not good enough. I honestly don’t understand how Hughton can possibly pick him over Krov or anybody in midfield. Colback covered more ground, got more involved and I think even touched the ball in his 5 minute cameo then Cafu did all game.

Well that should just about do it shouldn't it, so Time for CH to take the shackles off and set the team up in a more attacking way to see what they can do when given the opportunity as well as finding a few things out for next season. Be nice to think we could get Garner back for next season, but have to agree with earlier post Man U will probably look more to a lower level Pl club, but you never know at least he's more or less guaranteed game time with us.

Well that should just about do it shouldn't it, so Time for CH to take the shackles off and set the team up in a more attacking way to see what they can do when given the opportunity as well as finding a few things out for next season. Be nice to think we could get Garner back for next season, but have to agree with earlier post Man U will probably look more to a lower level Pl club, but you never know at least he's more or less guaranteed game time with us.
Hold on.

It's not time for that yet.

We need at least one more win, possibly two, and to make sure we don't lose at St Andrews or Hillsborough.

I agree we'll probably be ok, but it's over when the maths says it is and until then we still have work to do

Hold on.

We need at least one more win, possibly two, and to make sure we don't lose at St Andrews or Hillsborough.

I agree we'll probably be ok, but it's over when the maths says it is and until then we still have work to do
Agreed, and 6 more points and I think we are done. But we need another 2 wins. Could realistically get them this week too!

Pretty much the ideal away win.

My mate came round for a coffee in the garden - both Forest fans, both convinced today's games were all evening fixtures. The sun came out and he said a sunny afternoon and a win for Forest would make his day.

After he left I idly looked at BBC Sport and found we were 30 minutes in and had just gone a goal up.

No point paying a tenner to watch the rest, so I sat outside with a coat on and endured listening on Radio Nottingham while sipping red wine. Sounded like superb defence until we wobbled right at the end and they missed the chance. The luxury of having Worrall and McKenna both fit at once.

Hold on.

Yes and you have to factor in the Forest way, which increases the chances of SOMEHOW finding a way to blow it by roughly 43%.

Hold on.

and I thought I was a pessimist, but you're probably right must be safety first, but it would take an implosion to top last season to relegate us now, and the prospect of the teams below us picking up enough points to overhaul us is much lower than teams at the top end picking up the points like they did last year

CH picked a team to compete with a physical bunch like Cardiff, and it worked.

As he's just said, 4 points away to Brentford and Cardiff is a great return.

CH picked a team to compete with a physical bunch like Cardiff, and it worked.

As he's just said, 4 points away to Brentford and Cardiff is a great return.
Agreed against teams like Cardiff like many in the Championship you have to be able to compete physically, and not be bullied so 100% agree with selections today, EG Yates & Blackett gave us that little bit of extra physicality, and actually thought they both did very well, in fact Blackett did as well or perhaps better than either Ribero or Bong have doen in that position