Match Thread: Cambridge United v Lincoln City | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Lincoln City

All over my twitter yesterday that someone handed in an eight page letter detailing where we were going wrong and what positions the players should be playing, formations etc.
Guess that said person spends too much time on his playstation!

I'll take "s**t that's been made up on social media" for 50 quid please Bob...

All over my twitter yesterday that someone handed in an eight page letter detailing where we were going wrong and what positions the players should be playing, formations etc.

Fair play to that person for detailing their frustrations in an old fashioned manner, that would have taken them a long time. I am also certain that Danny Cowley will probably invite that person for a cup of tea to give his reply. As that's the sort of chap he is.

Freedom of speech is important, and not only is it associated with Farage and Johnson, but it is the only thing that allows a frank exchange of views and encourages us to listen to views we may not normally want to hear. By doing that it enables our learning and importance to understand that not everyone thinks like a Guardian or Daily Mail reader.

Fair play to that person for detailing their frustrations in an old fashioned manner, that would have taken them a long time. I am also certain that Danny Cowley will probably invite that person for a cup of tea to give his reply. As that's the sort of chap he is.

Freedom of speech is important, and not only is it associated with Farage and Johnson, but it is the only thing that allows a frank exchange of views and encourages us to listen to views we may not normally want to hear. By doing that it enables our learning and importance to understand that not everyone thinks like a Guardian or Daily Mail reader.
Not so certain that you can include "thinks" in the same sentence as "Guardian or Daily Mail reader"...

Brilliant win and battling display by the sound of it. Could not make the game even though fairly local, so spent the second half wandering around Tesco's imagining what was going on and it worked !! Akinde winner, but booked again, how many is that ? Need to regroup and relieve Vale of three points on Tuesday. UTI.

I can understand the half time criticisms. At that time, we had played three 45 minute periods against two bottom six teams - and did not look like a play-off team, never mind league leaders.

Second half today we were better, but lets not have blinkers on and think we are playing well. Cambridge hit the woodwork twice and Smith had to make one blinding save. We hardly troubled their keeper.

Anderson, Rhead and Smith were easily our best players, and their efforts got us the win. Hopefully we will get some confidence back from the three points - an early goal on Wednesday and we could be off and running again.

Well, I'm going to enjoy myself. I'm currently in the City that has the strongest team in the Football League, enjoying a few Ciders!

First half we had lots of the ball but created little. They had a couple of fast counter attacks and scored a good goal. Our defending didn’t look solid, it looked nervy. + Ref blowing up for everything.

Second half. They made the usual mistake of sitting on their lead and gave away the initiative. Then we started getting to headers and challenges first, turned the game around. Then we get cautious and Cambridge finished the game peppering our box. How the hell are they bottom 3 playing like that. Very good in the final third, and will hopefully take points off lots of teams now in their home games. Thrilling game, made even better by 3 points.

What’s happened to Andrade? Is a bid in for him, because he seems to be playing at half pace, half commitment. Whereas Anderson put in a double mom performance.

We really need to add one more first teamer in centre midfield to help with the rotation. Preferably a big athletic all action ricardo butcher type.

Uti. Superb support on two parts of the ground today. Really enjoyed being part of It.

Ridiculous.. I don’t understand people.

OK first 20 minutes then faded - came back in stronger in second half and defended really well - 2 well taken goals a screamer from Eardley and a head on by Rheady for Akindes goal - more like Cowley's sides - never say die attitude - strong spine GK, centre backs and centre forward - are key to a good team.

Go on Barney, uncork that bottle and head for whisky nirvana.....

Fine recovery for the Mighty Imps again - never, ever giving up till the final whistle. Proud is not the half of it. Now to sort out the shaky starts.
Wow, the Glencadam is indeed wonderful....

Tasting a superb whisky, watching the DVD of Hawkwind re-playing the Space Ritual in 2014 and savouring a victory that puts us 6 points clear....

Nirvana indeed....