Match Thread: Cambridge United v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Lincoln City

Radio Cambridgeshire "not trying to start rumours", but repeatedly mentioning that George Maris was having a long chat with Danny and Jez George after everyone had gone.

Our senior pros have showed why Danny brought them in but young Harry Anderson was the driving force again, been on fire the last month.
Won every Saturday game this month.
6 points clear, happy days

So pleased about this. Probably, even Harry would admit he's not hit his straps too often recently. Seems to have run into form,which is great news for the rest of the season.

So we aren't allowed to say what we think about a team's performance during the game? Does that include the manager?
There are certain posters who only appear when a goal down and post in great numbers, but dissappear as quickly when scores don't meet their agenda of negativity. Do have a lif, so don't want to prove it with figures but just look at the posts especially Mr B++++++++p. who is a class above when it comes to it.

Well if it’s someones ‘opinion’ to draw sweeping conclusions from less than 45 minutes of football it’s my ‘opinion’ that that is utter horseshit.

I hear someone wrote an 8 page letter to Danny after Crewe............and it was only a month or 2 back that Liverpool fans were tweeting about Klopp needing the sack and that "one season wonder" Salah should have been sold while his price was high.

That's football fans for ya.

As long as the fans come together at the end then who cares if they get a bit passionate at half time.

Some are optimists, some are pessimists. Some are positive, some are negative. As long as they are Imps then let them run their own emotional rollercoaster in the way they want to. Would be a very boring forum if it was just happy clapping. It is good to see the variety of emotions being shown. That is what personality is.

Me personally? Probably from Imps experience I am still waiting for it to go t*** up. However I don't want it to. Just that I don't want to get too high.

UP THE IMPS......Wahoo 6 points clear. Can we do it? Can we win the whole thing? All of us hope the same no matter which personality grouping they are from above :)

Last edited:
So we aren't allowed to say what we think about a team's performance during the game? Does that include the manager?

‘Free speech’, the defence of the moron up and down the land from Farage to Johnson.

You can say whatever you want. Similarly people have a right to call it out and criticise if it’s bollocks. Freedom of speech isn’t freedom from criticism.

Port Vale will be shaking in their shoes. They lost 4-1 at home today to a side beaten 6-0 on Boxing Day. Having conceded ten in two home games against the Imps already this season, presumably they will be bringing a large abacus with them.

I don’t entertain this 50 points now we are ‘safe’ business. I think we can win this league, don’t misunderstand me, I don’t expect to win, but really think we can... I’m an optimist...?

I hear someone write an 8 page letter to Danny after Crewe............and it was only a month or 2 back that Liverpool fans were tweeting about Klopp needing the sack and that "one season wonder" Salah should have been sold while his price was high.

That's football fans for ya.

As long as the fans come together at the end then who cares if they get a bit passionate at half time.

Some are optimists, some are pessimists. Some are positive, some are negative. As long as they are Imps then let them run their own emotional rollercoaster in the way they want to. Would be a very boring forum if it was just happy clapping. It is good to see the variety of emotions being shown. That is what personality is.

Me personally? Probably from Imps experience I am still waiting for it to go t*** up. However I don't want it to. Just that I don;t want to get too high.

UP THE IMPS......Wahoo 6 points clear. Can we do it? Can we win the whole thing? All of us hope the same no matter which personality grouping they are from above :)
All over my twitter yesterday that someone handed in an eight page letter detailing where we were going wrong and what positions the players should be playing, formations etc.
Guess that said person spends too much time on his playstation!

Well after the 1st half my knee jerk reaction was to post 0 points over festive period. Can I now add "dropped over" and "more" to that to read "0 more points dropped over festive period" ☺

All over my twitter yesterday that someone handed in an eight page letter detailing where we were going wrong and what positions the players should be playing, formations etc.
Guess that said person spends too much time on his playstation!

It used to be letters to the Sports Editor years ago ! Oh well, back to my morse key.

A result that, to me, shows much of the qualities of the team.

The stats would suggest that we were lucky. Conversely, we had to be attacking to get Eardley's free kick, we had to be attacking for Rheady to assist JA's goal, we had to be sufficiently good, collectively, in defence for Cambridge to only score one - or Cambridge had to be insufficiently clinical in their finishing. We had to have sufficient self belief, individually and collectively, to turn it around. Again. Just as two seasons ago at the 'heed, although a tad earlier today resulting in some extra time to practise our defensive skills....

And we overcame some questionable officiating too, by all accounts - the beeb alone showing 46 fouls...

As for criticising the team half way through the game, I'm very much of the 'that first half didn't go too well, let's hope the D&NC magic works at half time". And then try to encourage from a distance... The caps are to overcome the distance, honest!!!!! There's always time for the Imps to turn it around....

And finally, if we are indeed doing badly or have been found out, there are 23 teams that are doing less well thus far....

And finally, finally, we're all Imps - I suspect that the easy ability to write something that so completely fails to convey that which the author actually means is very much alive...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!

PS Ardbeg and Glencadam not yet sampled today...