Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City

Interesting point on their forum about Botwick returning and their attempted playing out from the back looking slow and clumsy, which was similar here. Not that he was *that* bad on the ball.

Their fans' first choice CB pairing doesn't seem to involve him! It's funny for a centre mid who has moved to defence that he's not so good on the ball but I think it's the way the game has gone very quickly especially up a level. Where teams are more physical/it's a battle I'm sure you'd want him still. Be nice to play him against Gillingham!

I thought it was more pace and if you're trying to play a higher line that looked problematic. First time I realised it really was one of the last Cowley games, Doncaster away I think and he got cooked a bit by the pace and movement of their forward. We had him in that regard last season, I think Brennan was all over him.

It's probably the less tangible things he still brings (organisation, character etc) that make him a L1 player though.

Now I have relocated, I'll be watching the match in PJ O' Neil's in downtown AUH with a few expat Imps, feel free to join us.

By the way bro

Mum says she is having troubles taking your skype calls, will hopefully sort that out next weekend when we are down.

Also she says your profile pic makes you look like a football hooligan!

Catching up with this thread I see I missed all the fun puns yesterday. All I can say is when I got home I was ready for a refreshing Ty Glas of Rhiwbina and I hope Hasselbaink is not feeling too Maerdy about losing.

That's the Splott from me and I hope there'll be no Cwmbach.

That's the Splott from me and I hope there'll be no Cwmbach.
I was in Cardiff with some colleagues around 20 years ago and we were due to meet some business connections in a Chinese restaurant in Splott. We told the taxi driver where to take us and he seemed quite miffed. "It's pronounced 'Splo' actually. Born and bloody bred there." He pulled away with a squeal of wheels and didn't speak to us again for the whole journey.

I was in Cardiff with some colleagues around 20 years ago and we were due to meet some business connections in a Chinese restaurant in Splott. We told the taxi driver where to take us and he seemed quite miffed. "It's pronounced 'Splo' actually. Born and bloody bred there."

That's the posh way of pronouncing it!

Hope the move is going well EB

Ta, MR_96 - 2021 to date has been truly life changing and I never saw it coming after the crap 2 years we have all had. Not least becoming a grandad in Feb and now back working after 3 years, albeit somewhere different. Another good season from the Imps would top it off. Its amazing how many folk know and respect the club out here, it was never like this before, was it?

I was in Cardiff with some colleagues around 20 years ago and we were due to meet some business connections in a Chinese restaurant in Splott. We told the taxi driver where to take us and he seemed quite miffed. "It's pronounced 'Splo' actually. Born and bloody bred there." He pulled away with a squeal of wheels and didn't speak to us again for the whole journey.

I lived in Roath and then Cathays in mid > late '80s and saw the Imps all but relegated from the old Div 3 at Ninian Park in 1987 and relegated to their 1st sojourn in none league the following season at the Vetch.

Just looking at the table and how tight it is, 1 goal against Ipswich would have seen us 9 places higher, incredible really.

Ta, MR_96 - 2021 to date has been truly life changing and I never saw it coming after the crap 2 years we have all had. Not least becoming a grandad in Feb and now back working after 3 years, albeit somewhere different. Another good season from the Imps would top it off. Its amazing how many folk know and respect the club out here, it was never like this before, was it?

Congratulations! And err…..no! As an exile myself it’s surprising how many people seem to know about us now compared to even pre-2012.