Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Lincoln City

Great result for the Imps. Anderson has been superb throughout and is my MoM, although several players have done us proud today. We obviously needed the break. I’m so glad Walker was on as I’m pretty sure Akinde wouldn’t have got on the end of Anderson’s cross. Having said that Akinde did put himself about today and was unlucky to hit the woodwork with his shot in the first half. Honourable mentions to Morrell who covered every blade of grass defensively and placed some beautiful through balls. Shame we didn’t take advantage of them. Lots of positives today - Burton not an easy place to come but we’ve beaten them for the first time so that’s another crap record gone. Onward and upward.

Well good evening all, great game, see you at the Bank next weekend. Now just this local derby game up ere Ure v City to wind up the locals up about.

Tyler Walker needs one goal to become the 160th player in the club's history to reach double figures in a season. It has been done 250 times so far by 159 different players.

I seem to have been posting that stat for a while. Having finished 19th and last in the November Player Ratings, can Walker find some form today and save me having to post it again?
Thanks Tyler...

So pleased for Apps. He’s had a torrid time with key injuries and late sucker punches. Hopefully this will have lifted the cloud from us and today at least the sun is shining (metaphorically 😊). Have my ticket for Tranmere and can’t wait. Will even watch Quest for the first time in weeks 🤣

Felt like we got our identity back a bit today. The break has allowed us to recover not only physically, but mentally too. We stopped feeling sorry for ourselves and showed what we're made of. A few more results like that will make for a much less stressful Spring.

It was a good, wholehearted team performance which I enjoyed even though there was some wasteful stuff at times with possession turned over too easily now and again. But when we got it going we looked good and even though we rode our luck at times nobody had a bad game.

In this bad run over the last couple of months or so we've been on the wrong side of the result in a lot of games that could have gone either way. Today we got on the right side of it as we inevitably would eventually. That should do wonders for confidence.

The biggest negative of today - people on here still commenting about results of our alleged relegation rivals. Start looking up, not down.

Yellow card update.

The cut off for 5 yellows (1 match suspension) is the 19th league game, which is next Saturday against Tranmere. The good news is that no one can pick up a ban now, other than for a red card.

The next cut off is the 37th league game, by which 10 yellows will equal a two-match ban.

Current numbers:
5: Joe Morrell
3: Cian Bolger, Callum Connolly, Neal Eardley, Jason Shackell, Harry Toffolo
2: Bruno Andrade, Michael O'Connor
1: Harry Anderson, Jake Hesketh, Tom Pett

A surprising number of players have no yellow cards at all - Josh Vickers, Michael Bostwick, Jorge Grant, Jack Payne, Tyler Walker, Ellis Chapman and John Akinde. Those players have made a combined total of 100 appearances without collecting a single yellow - in today's climate of card-waving zombie referees, that is extraordinary.