Match Thread: Bristol City Vs Portugal Sponsored by the irrationality of hope | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bristol City Vs Portugal Sponsored by the irrationality of hope

Rodriguez played but Rondon did not as he is close to a move.

Remembering Rodriguez mullering poor Lascelles on his debut, I'd rather not face him even a few years later but there is still a slight chance of Burnley coming back in for him and him being dropped.

West Brom still have some excellent players and I suspect we are more in the mould of what they are used to playing against. I'm certainly less intimidated by their squad having seen the Bolton result though

A bit conflicted about “rotation”. There’s the issue of “keeping players fresh” v “players knowing each other’s games”. Players playing 2+ games a week, will end up with them playing like cart horses. The only answer to the conundrum is that players can fit seemlessly into the side. The young Portuguese and academy players will be beneficial in this respect. Murphy ? Not so much

As you point out, we have had an overhaul of the squad and yesterday was the the first competitive game most of them have played as a unit, together. And we earned a respectable draw at a ground which hasn’t been a “happy hunting” one for us in recent years. So I’ll take those “tiny steps” right here and now.

They are 'tiny steps' in the context of this squad. Compare it to one year previous and the step becomes huge.

Stoke gave an excellent display of how not to approach relegation to the Championship.

Leeds were good, but Stoke were lazy shites who were unwilling to bother with the hard work that is the bread and butter of this division.

Classic example, 3rd goal- Afobe completely loses his man on a corner then throws his arms out as if to blame everyone else. And this is a guy who knows this division so should know better.

A typical example of a bunch of arseholes who think they are too good getting a nice fat shock.

Hopefully we can do the same to West Brom on tuesday

On a slightly different note, did anyone hear the commentators savage shot at David Vaughan on the radio?! When the feed from Bristol was lost we got patched into the County game - "and here's David Vaughan, with his bright orange boots and receding hairline"!

Yes, I heard it but he said "Bright Blue Boots"

Leeds have been close to knocking on the door for a couple of seasons. On their day they have been a match for most but they have been wildly inconsistent.

If this new manager is all he is cracked up to be then they will definitely be in the mix.

Leeds absolutely wiped the floor with us at the CG last season. They were one of the best sides I saw all season. They collapsed by Christmas.

They have the talent but it's about consistency. It's fine to do it over 15-20 games but you need to do it over 35-40 if you want to go up. We'll see if Leeds can do that

I found that too.

Shower of shite mate, woeful service. They have however assured me the app will be updated this week, but wouldn’t confirm if it would be in time for Saturday! So I guess we’ll see, thank god it’s on Sky tomorrow.

Shower of shite mate, woeful service. They have however assured me the app will be updated this week, but wouldn’t confirm if it would be in time for Saturday! So I guess we’ll see, thank god it’s on Sky tomorrow.
poor form though as people have paid