Match Thread; Bristol City Vs Forest, Sponsored by Phillip's great innings | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Bristol City Vs Forest, Sponsored by Phillip's great innings

I think Taylor really did do more in 10 mins than Grabbn, even taking into account tneither of them scoring, Taylor has a genuine prescence that Grabz just doesnt have. He also brings other players into the game better and shoots on sight, its chalk and cheese to me. I just dont get the blind loyalty from the manager

Having a shot on goal was more than grabz managed. Did better in the second half to get in the box but knocks x2 and blackett all failed to find him

i havent thought we are anywhere near relegation for a week or two now. Wed practically have to lose every game and several others win all thiers, plus the goal difference is an extra poijnt on some.
I am on the fence about the sheep getting relegated but I do want them sweating for as long as possible

That was poor and boring... solid defence ( should be our back fir for next season), Garner solid again, Yates the usual Yates, Krovanovic looks that he is doing great things but in reality, creates nothing... Mighten still learning the trade ... Grabban and Knockhart waste of time...don't understand why they remained on the pitch for so long ...we might be safe this season, but to win promotion next year we need alot of work on the scoring front ...Brizzke where their for the taking and we had a shot on goal..

Still focused on us.

27 points available now to Rotherham, we remain 13 ahead.

They are playing 9 of those points this week

Don’t think there’s a chance we’re going down... and that’s from somebody who thought we’d blow the play off place when we had stoke. Not sure we’ll actually lose more than 1 game until the end of this season.

Would just love to have Derby sweat.

Out of interest, who do you thinks heading to League 1? I reckon Rotherham might make it out the bottom 3 and Huddersfield might cop it.

Disappointing 2nd half in comparison to 1st. The general overall play is much better than it was, but we'll never take the next step until we replace Grabban. Taylor for all his faults was livelier in the short time he was on.
Just hope our famed recruitment team is busy unearthing some striking gems for next season. Then we need to hang on to the good players we have I E back 4, and supplement them with some quality additions.

Don’t think there’s a chance we’re going down... and that’s from somebody who thought we’d blow the play off place when we had stoke. Not sure we’ll actually lose more than 1 game until the end of this season.

Would just love to have Derby sweat.

Out of interest, who do you thinks heading to League 1? I reckon Rotherham might make it out the bottom 3 and Huddersfield might cop it.
I'm just careful. I know we are fine, and in any other year we would know this for sure already.

I think we'll know who the bottom three are this time next week; Rotherham play Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; if they lose those mid week games they are done.

Two of those three games are Coventry and Birmingham, so failing to win those two will pretty much settle the relegation issue.

Disappointing 2nd half in comparison to 1st. The general overall play is much better than it was, but we'll never take the next step until we replace Grabban. Taylor for all his faults was livelier in the short time he was on.
Just hope our famed recruitment team is busy unearthing some striking gems for next season. Then we need to hang on to the good players we have I E back 4, and supplement them with some quality additions.

Grabban was isolated far too much, Krovinovic really struggles to make an impression as an attacking force. His instinct is to drop too deep rather than provide an attacking threat.

darn commentary cuts off continually after the game now on the ifollowy thingy. annoying.

Need a new young pacey striker to compliment Taylor

A winger who can cross,
Keep Krovs n Garnz n CC

Id personally keep Yuri and Figs.
Bring back the BJ and Gabriel.

Out go

bong, the other right back whos name i forget, bachirou, colback, sow *tho id have a fit sow all day long, cafu, sameobi or Lolz have to go, knocky, freeman, obviously daws.

I think thats like 8 out and 4 in

Grabban was isolated far too much, Krovinovic really struggles to make an impression as an attacking force. His instinct is to drop too deep rather than provide an attacking threat.

Grabban isolates himself and the majority of the attacking threat we had came through Krovz involvement and interchange between him and garnz and mighten

I'm just careful. I know we are fine, and in any other year we would know this for sure already.

I think we'll know who the bottom three are this time next week; Rotherham play Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; if they lose those mid week games they are done.

Two of those three games are Coventry and Birmingham, so failing to win those two will pretty much settle the relegation issue.

Our last five games are no walk in the park - four of them are against sides below us who'll be battling for survival.

It should be a lot clearer after we play Huddersfield and Birmingham. Lose those and we're dragged right back into it. Avoid defeat in both games and we should stay clear of the real dogfight even if Rotherham win those 3 games.

Actually thought he did great in the first half but there was often no one ahead of him. Cant help feeling that if taylor had started we might have got more. Mighten is earning his place but someone should tell him when you are in the box, just have a go- grabz might a least get a knock down or something. Imo this team has a solid back and middle, as someone else said its all about keeping that and sorting out the wide and forward players now. Being hard to beat is the start but we cant win matches if we cant score and today was a prime example. Next season will be a mid table repeat if we dont get ot fixed.

Actually thought he did great in the first half but there was often no one ahead of him. Cant help feeling that if taylor had started we might have got more. Mighten is earning his place but someone should tell him when you are in the box, just have a go- grabz might a least get a knock down or something. Imo this team has a solid back and middle, as someone else said its all about keeping that and sorting out the wide and forward players now. Being hard to beat is the start but we cant win matches if we cant score and today was a prime example. Next season will be a mid table repeat if we dont get ot fixed.

not sure where you got great from, he touched the ball 19 times and gave it away 8 of them it seemed to me. No assist, no shots, no crosses, no headers won...

And no, no one was ahead of him cos they aint blooming supposed to be half the time, and even when Mighten was picked up on not just continuing his run he had looked up and where was Grabz anyway? 300 miles away strolling away from the ball as usual.

Taylor got found literally half a dozen times in the ten mins he played, he makes himself found, thats his bloody job, not just putting the ball in the back of an empty net.

Our last five games are no walk in the park - four of them are against sides below us who'll be battling for survival.

It should be a lot clearer after we play Huddersfield and Birmingham. Lose those and we're dragged right back into it. Avoid defeat in both games and we should stay clear of the real dogfight even if Rotherham win those 3 games.
Rotherham play twice before we play Huddersfield next week. If they lose those, or gain only a couple of points, that Huddersfield game won't he dragging us into anything.

If Rotherham take 6 points from those two games then suddenly things look different and a high scoring year is on

In one way, thats the very definition of a walk in the park. Every other club in the league would take those fixtures :)

Krov is a good tidy player but as you say he sits too deep to be an out and out attacking midfielder. Would like to see him used a bit deeper but we don’t really have the players to try it at the moment.