Match Thread; Bristol City Vs Forest, Sponsored by Phillip's great innings | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Bristol City Vs Forest, Sponsored by Phillip's great innings

And yet Mighten and Christie have improved and Garner and Krov managed to hit the ground running.

A manager can only improve players who want to improve and I am not convinced that some of them do.

Give Hughton a degree of free reign in the close season and I would be shocked if we weren’t challenging at least for the prayoffs next season.

Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 Somebody’s got to work for this club.... although I’ve said that before.

But the players you mention, Will, have not gone bad overnight.

Lolley was far from at his best last season as well; there might be mitigating reasons why his form dropped last season and the hangover from that could well have carried over to this season.

There is no question that his performances this season have not warranted a place in the side, but at least he was displaying determination and signs of getting back to his best before his injury struck.

I certainly would not be writing him off for next season.

Freeman only played 11 games for the Blades last season and struggled to break into their side; he arrived here with an injury, the injury was misdiagnosed and eventually needed an operation.

Allowing him to play his way back to fitness was never on the cards and he has struggled to hold down a place since.

Missing a large part of the season does not make him a bad player; if we could get him for the right price and on the right wages I would take him.

Knockheart has been hugely disappointing since he arrived and has not deserved his place in the side; he just has to be better than what we have seen so far, but on the basis of what we have seen I would not buy him with forged money.

If Knockheart has been disappointing, Taylor has been a complete waste of time; he has not displayed the slightest interest in fitting into the side or playing for the team, he just coasts through games waiting for a chance.

As for his substitutions; he is obviously doing what he thinks is right, and if moving the team from bottom 4 to mid table is anything to go by, he has been quite correct in what he has been doing.

If you go back a few Months, some people were describing him as insane because he was doing the same thing repeatedly; he turned out to be correct on that one as well.

Hughton will turn out to be very good for this Club, and despite a few supporters in Norwich and Brighton, there are still plenty of supporters at other Clubs who would have him as manager tomorrow.

You might not be aware of it, but there are a good few Bristol City supporters who regret him not being appointed as manager and would dearly like him to be so.

I was reading through the comments of the oppositions supporters last night and they would love him at Ashton Gate.

There aren't many supporters at Norwich who would...Brighton more so.

Post all these comments then.

Taylor not in original squad indicates he is not high up on CH list of preferred players. Ameobi is ahead of Knocks and is likely to be offered at least another year extension to contract. Murray, having not played in last few games seems to be a short term option and unlikely to be offered a contract.

This surely means Murray and Knocks stay comes to an end at end of season and we look to bring in some strikers. Please.

When he turns to his bench he wants to see one or two that can come on and make a difference. When he sees that his main attacking threat is Freeman and Taylor, you have to feel for him a bit.

I cant agree with that part at all when he's been playing grabban who has scored less goals per minute anddone very very little of note but seems to be teachers pet. Wheres all this mantra of if you dont do it on the pitch yer out the side? Talylor has not been fairly treated, just no way. He has far more prescence than Grabban.

Translates to 72 points in a season which is usually in and around the prayoffs.

Just goes to show that he is definitely one of the better managers in this division, particularly as he has done it largely with players who weren’t his and who had absolutely no confidence when he arrived.

? talk about glasses half full. There was nothing wrong with the defence,. We lost Cashy n got Mckenna and several other defenderss in so it was strongly arguable that we had strenghtened it.
So what he had to improve was scoring goals. Im not sure how even a few can think its improved much in that sense. Most attacking players have been worse than last season.
So no, I just dont see he has improved anybody personally. Mighten is progressing, tho slower than he may have cos hardly played even tho we were not creating anything for 6 months. Infact insisting with players like Freeman who we all called out as wayyy off the pace was just ridiculous.

Krovs n Garnz have made the difference. The positive thing there is that he brought them in. fairplay... tho he also spunked 30k a friggin week on Murphy which is dogshit. He didnt improve these 2 players tho, they were simply better than what we had.

? talk about glasses half full. There was nothing wrong with the defence,. We lost Cashy n got Mckenna and several other defenderss in so it was strongly arguable that we had strenghtened it.
So what he had to improve was scoring goals. Im not sure how even a few can think its improved much in that sense. Most attacking players have been worse than last season.
So no, I just dont see he has improved anybody personally. Mighten is progressing, tho slower than he may have cos hardly played even tho we were not creating anything for 6 months. Infact insisting with players like Freeman who we all called out as wayyy off the pace was just ridiculous.

Krovs n Garnz have made the difference. The positive thing there is that he brought them in. fairplay... tho he also spunked 30k a friggin week on Murphy which is dogshit. He didnt improve these 2 players tho, they were simply better than what we had.
And if you ignore the last 12 games of last season and the first 4 games of this. Unfortunately the team he inherited was on a downward trajectory and it was akin to turning the titanic trying to arrest the slide.

And if you ignore the last 12 games of last season and the first 4 games of this. Unfortunately the team he inherited was on a downward trajectory and it was akin to turning the titanic trying to arrest the slide.

Thats often the point of my some of my posts tho :) To show that we can usually justify both perspectives if we look with that perspective :) We were on a downward trajectory because we stopped scoring goals, so really CH's remit was to start scoring them again.

Apart from Grabban, y'all know Im right by now haha

Thats often the point of my some of my posts tho :) To show that we can usually justify both perspectives if we look with that perspective :) We were on a downward trajectory because we stopped scoring goals, so really CH's remit was to start scoring them again.

Apart from Grabban, y'all know Im right by now haha
Depends how you look at it! 😁

I see it as we were on a downhill and he turned it around. That was his remit but if you remember, before he came in we weren’t scoring at all so what we are doing is an improvement.

Depends how you look at it! 😁

I see it as we were on a downhill and he turned it around. That was his remit but if you remember, before he came in we weren’t scoring at all so what we are doing is an improvement.
well, it has improved a little bit 40 games down the line, I think he has a perfect 1 goal a game record since his arrival :/