Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45

Safe trip SD and all the other Vital Villans.

Let's hope you leave happy and pleased with a good away win!??

Hopefully Deano will try something different tonight before our season completely peters out. The general apathy from everywhere about this match tonight shows just how poor and uninspiring our performances have been over the last 2 months.
I'm not interested in how many passes we can make, or our possession stats. I just want to see us battling from start to finish, not a 5-10 minute spell every now and again. We cant keep on using Jack's absence as an excuse, if we haven't got anyone to replace him then change the shape and throw something different at the opposition.

Cmon villa, the last thing we need tonight is a Wigan performance that leaves everyone flatter than sister Wendy's chest. Don't fuck about tonight, get the job done because we are going to have players coming back soon and if, it's a big if, we can with 10 games to go we are no more than a couple of off the play offs we have a chance.

My expectations have significantly lowered by the last ten games. I'm not harbouring any illusions of play offs or anything like that.

I'll be happy if I see eleven players on the pitch putting in the required standard of effort, and competing with the opposition for the right to play.

After that, an emerging pattern of play in Deano's image, and some game time for our actual signed younger players will be very welcome.

Tonight is an absolute banana skin for DS. Not sure what terms he left on but hopefully he gets a good reception on his return. I hope that dirty b*****d Maupay gets a bit of Mings management tonight.

Must win and I am mildly optimistic - make a noise you travelling Villains and have a rousing rendition of Holte Enders in the Sky for Ian Ross.
3-1to the good guys with goals from Tammy, SJM and El Ghazi

Hope he starts with the team that ended the match v Sheff Utd. If not, why not?

Despite the exciting end, no one should ever accept that sort of first 75 mins again. Gary Thompson said that on the phone in (WM) I was listening to whilst driving home the other night, I concurred.

I was looking at some stats today (I know, boring), and Smith is doing better than Bruce but only slightly. Won 37% of his games compared to 27% for Bruce this season. But Smith slightly more defeats (21% of his games compared to 18% of Bruce’s). Based on points per game, likely to get 67 points at end of season under smith, would have been 60 under Bruce. Last season 67 got you 11th place, 60 would have been joint 12th. Hardly worth changing managers really ☹️

I was looking at some stats today (I know, boring), and Smith is doing better than Bruce but only slightly. Won 37% of his games compared to 27% for Bruce this season. But Smith slightly more defeats (21% of his games compared to 18% of Bruce’s). Based on points per game, likely to get 67 points at end of season under smith, would have been 60 under Bruce. Last season 67 got you 11th place, 60 would have been joint 12th. Hardly worth changing managers really ☹️

Look at the qualitative side of things. Which would you prefer, a 5-5 draw or a 0-0 draw? An honest assessment of where we failed or a sigh and "the championship can do that to you"?

37% wins versus 27% wins? Give me 37% every time.

Look at the qualitative side of things. Which would you prefer, a 5-5 draw or a 0-0 draw? An honest assessment of where we failed or a sigh and "the championship can do that to you"? 37% wins versus 27% wins?

Not to mention that we now have a manager with a long term plan and someone who is far more likely to blood our youngsters and not spend all our money on overpaid has beens.

I'm still optimistic that the team we saw against Derby, Boro and Birmingham kicks in again sometime soon. Here's hoping that starts tonight.

I have no problem with that team as he has tried something other than Taylor as LB for a change. Alberts in as he tracks back better. You cant argue with Whelan either after the Sheff Utd game?

Let’s see what Hause can do at LB assuming he’s playing there with Mings at CB.

Never heard of Ramsay on the bench. 17 year old midfielder. Good for him to get on there and have a look.