Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Brentford v Aston Villa, Wed 13th Feb, 19:45

Wide men have been ineffective lately, so I would look at a more solid 4-4-2. I think Keinan Davis should start up top with Tammy but I can't really sort out a midfield quartet that I would like to see (with the current injury list).

Brentford have over-run our midfield in the past so I think this is where it will be won or lost.

Look lads, get a grip!!! It's only Brentford. How can you expect our players to be positive when so many fans are negative?

Facts: We are the 3rd highest scoring team in the division, Brentford only 6th. We last lost 5 matches ago, Brentford lost their last match. We have 6 more points than they do. We have Tammy Abraham they don't.

Cert win for us. Trust me on this one :utv:

P.S. read that Tammy has scored 16 goals in the last 17 matches. Pretty good.

Loving the positive vibes McParland......after reading this, clearly a Villa win!

Not one post in this thread today so far!

Either we’ve gone all Man City and are expecting a walkover or we’re all a bit nervous about tomorrow.

Need to be all over them like a rash at the start of the game, in exactly the same manner that Sheff. Utd did to us.

If they get to playing the one touch stuff through the middle and gain confidence, unfortunately I can see us losing

Who the hell knows anymore ?

All I want is, Andre Green to be given a run from now until the end of the season, Kenan Davis likewise (although he may need a few appearances from the bench first) and basically a nucleus of a team that can start in August to start materialising.

If I get that, and can see them giving 100%, and can see that the manager is setting them up in a style that looks like we have a future - I will back it.

If I see the same old faces, giving the same old efford and getting the same old results, I will turn very quickly

For this, another stupid goalscoring draw - 2-2

Last edited:
Although maybe offering something a little different to our other wingers, Green did nothing to justify a start based on Friday's performance. He was abject but for the goal. However, I can see the reasoning behind the clamour for giving him a go.

I'm looking forward to what we go with and the performance. First time I'll have been to Griffin Park so hopefully it'll be the time we end our awful record there! Do they still have the pubs on each corner of the ground?

Green is a poor winger - can’t cross, can’t beat his man, ineffective tracking back.

However... he scores some good/important goals and perhaps shouldn’t be on the wing?

I prefer Keenan but if we had to play Green, I’d have him floating behind Tammy

Either we’ve gone all Man City and are expecting a walkover or we’re all a bit nervous about tomorrow.

It’s possibly because we’ve run out of ideas for team selection. Dean’s shuffled the pack a few times during Jack’s absence but it’s all much of a muchness. The only one we haven’t tried is Keenan which is quite surprising as he can hold the ball up - perhaps Dean doesn’t want to do that. Oh yes and Hause, whose only previous run-out seems to have set him back to the also-rans.
I think we’ve only won one match when we play any two of Hourihane, Jedi or Whelan together. Surely Deano has learned this by now? Horror upon horror, I’ve had the sudden shocking thought that he could play all three...?

Finding Villa really hard to get excited about at the moment.

We're great for a neutral, but I'm getting a bit fed up of how shit we are and I've given up hope of the playoffs so it's all a bit meh at the moment.

Let's face it , the brutal honest truth is this season has been a car crash.
Understandable I guess after May 26th and the subsequent meltdown.
I'm not sure why Sky are showing this mid table and in effect meaningless clash, guess schedules were drawn up weeks ago when it looked like we could make the play offs .
Yes there is a slim chance it could happen , but it's looking highly unlikely .
All about building for another season in this division now.

Time for Deano to show two things at this stage - that he’s building for the future, and that he can motivate players to put in considerably more effort on the pitch.

Bang up for this.

Got the day off so no rushing about and it's my first time to Brentford so it's another ground chalked off.

We will win , Super Jack will be back very soon and we will go on a 15 match winning streak which will culminate in a 4-0 triumph at Wembley in May.

COME ON YOU LIONS

:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

Crack pipe blues.