Match Thread: Bradford Park Avenue V Lincoln City | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bradford Park Avenue V Lincoln City

We wuz there - team selection wrong - need at least 4 signings in January - their management were an absolute disgrace west Yorkshire twits

German Imp - 21/12/2015 21:49

This is so annoying, the fans have done their bit with crowdfunder and here was an opportunity to build momentum again and put some money in the bank and what happens.

All down to team selection and tactics I would suggest.

The tactic of knock it long to Rhead and hope he's having a good day or we're screwed? All we've got and not likely to work well when he's on the bench.

Must say I agreed with most of the tactics, how else are you going to test the fringe players before you sack them when they are not good enough? One thing that was a mystery to me. Free kick just outside the box with an outfield player in goal taken by Robinson who misses the goal??? Why did he take it??

collingham imps - 21/12/2015 21:59

We wuz there - team selection wrong - need at least 4 signings in January - their management were an absolute disgrace west Yorkshire twits

Is that what Moyses said? Pleased about 4 players if so. We have some decent players so as long as they're the right quality that could make all the difference. The only real mistake I think Moyses has made is letting Hearn boss him.

Imp4life91 - 21/12/2015 22:00

This is so annoying, the fans have done their bit with crowdfunder and here was an opportunity to build momentum again and put some money in the bank and what happens.

The tactic of knock it long to Rhead and hope he's having a good day or we're screwed? All we've got and not likely to work well when he's on the bench.

The players who came in should have shown more passion and strength. Rhead deserved a rest and with a busy period coming up the back up players had a chance to stake a claim.

Skip155 - 21/12/2015 21:43

German Imp - 21/12/2015 21:35

Youth Policy !!

I'm a critic of that too but we played our first choice available back 4, first choice GK and captain marvel in midfield and didn't keep a clean sheet long enough to let the young lads play. That foundation has to 'be the men' to give the kids a bit of freedom. That said I don't think the youths are good enough.

The youths who have made the first team may be suspect but the current youth team are joint top of the league. if you don't give players a chance you miss another Sam Clucas.

DEEPING IMP - 21/12/2015 22:06

Imp4life91 - 21/12/2015 22:00

The players who came in should have shown more passion and strength. Rhead deserved a rest and with a busy period coming up the back up players had a chance to stake a claim.

Agree that Rhead deserves (probably needed)a rest. But the rest of the attacking options are just awful. Blissett is our next senior striker and he's garbage.

Skip155 - 21/12/2015 22:06

Is that what Moyses said? Pleased about 4 players if so. We have some decent players so as long as they're the right quality that could make all the difference. The only real mistake I think Moyses has made is letting Hearn boss him.
No. He was very respecting of them, not so of his team!
Embarrassing, will not happen again, etc. To be fair to him, he pulled no punches, but couldn't really say anything othe

plumbob - 21/12/2015 22:11

Skip155 - 21/12/2015 22:06

No. He was very respecting of them, not so of his team!
Embarrassing, will not happen again, etc. To be fair to him, he pulled no punches, but couldn't really say anything othe

We've heard that before. How many bad days at the office can you have?

implausible - 21/12/2015 22:09

Youth Policy !!

I'm a critic of that too but we played our first choice available back 4, first choice GK and captain marvel in midfield and didn't keep a clean sheet long enough to let the young lads play. That foundation has to 'be the men' to give the kids a bit of freedom. That said I don't think the youths are good enough.

The youths who have made the first team may be suspect but the current youth team are joint top of the league. if you don't give players a chance you miss another Sam Clucas.

They're doing well. Played a couple of extra games last time I looked but even so well done to them. Looking forward to seeing them progress without needing a 5 year contract in a non-existent reserve side ... much like Clucas needed.

JT_LCFC - 21/12/2015 22:03

Robinson just isn't up to it full stop.

I think that was his 68th game for City. I doubt he will be here next season.

The Youth set-up has surely to come under some scrutiny now. I can't recall the last time a player graduated from it to become a regular, solid first team player. If we can't sell 'em and we can't use 'em, then we need to scrap it asap.

At least then we could consolidate the (admittedly low) wages of the likes of Robinson, Everington and Simmons into one wage for a decent Conference player.

Youth Policy !!

Aren't the youth team currently top of their league?
Maybe they'll come good unlike the current crop.

Davidimp - 21/12/2015 22:17

Youth Policy !!

There's a big difference between playing against other youths and playing against men though.

Davidimp - 21/12/2015 22:17

Youth Policy !!

Maybe, but the Youth Team have been doing quite well at their level for the last several years. That's great for them and they have my congratulations. As Simjon points out, though, that doesn't mean they will be any use to the first team.

NottyImp - 21/12/2015 22:13

JT_LCFC - 21/12/2015 22:03

Robinson just isn't up to it full stop.

I think that was his 68th game for City. I doubt he will be here next season.

The Youth set-up has surely to come under some scrutiny now. I can't recall the last time a player graduated from it to become a regular, solid first team player. If we can't sell 'em and we can't use 'em, then we need to scrap it asap.

At least then we could consolidate the (admittedly low) wages of the likes of Robinson, Everington and Simmons into one wage for a decent Conference player.

I quite like Simmons and Everington looks like he could be ok, but neither are ready yet by a long shot. They need to go out on loan, and play, and for longer than a fragmented month or 2 here and there. Robinson has had his chance and unfortunately just doesn't seem adept at making a role for himself.

I don't think tonight was just the youth's fault, the likes of Power and Blisset aren't good enough either.

Robinsons had 3yrs to make it and failed.
Power is another who should be sent out on loan.
Blissett should be sent back.
We need someone in midfield like Charlee Adams.
We could do with Hearns back or sign someone of the same goalscoring calibre.
But if City are to have a Blip in form let it be now and then have a good run from Jan to the end of April.