Match Thread: Bradford City v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bradford City v Lincoln City

Not on our Official Site or the BBC Site.

And apparently the referee wasn't Michael Salisbury, despite it being on a usually reliable website that it was.
I know, but Jackson was definitely booked.

The OS missed Montsma's yellow at Crewe too, and only updated the match report three days after the game (presumably when they were officially notified of the card).

I work with 3 of them.
x2 Liverpool/Barnsley "supporters"
1 Liverpool/Donny
At least I have the get-out of their questionable "support" if we get dicked. I've already asked if they've added Leeds to their list now they're back in the big time.
My boss is a L/pool fan, from Wigan. Be great if we could win.
If we lose, so what? They could play the tea lady and a couple of cleaners who'll probably get paid more than our players (slight exageration but you get my drift). As long as we give a good account of ourselves and see where it takes us, we could ask for nothing more.
Working in Bradford I was unaware of just how many were actually Leeds supporters now. Loads about, or so it seems.😆

I commented after the Oxford game that our style home and away will be counter-attack. Soak up a bit of pressure and hit on the break with quick attacks. It will help against the likes of Sunderland, Ipswich etc....possibly less so when the likes of Shrewsbury put 10 behind the ball, but I have confidence that we have that extra nous in the team to break those types down now
keep scoring in the first ten minutes, and keeping a clean sheet, and we will be a counter attack team every game.

I work with 3 of them.
x2 Liverpool/Barnsley "supporters"
1 Liverpool/Donny
At least I have the get-out of their questionable "support" if we get dicked. I've already asked if they've added Leeds to their list now they're back in the big time.
One of our near neighbours has a Liverpool scarf permanently affixed to his front door, and in this neck of the woods there's a lot of obvious Liverpool support in the wider locality.

Frustratingly, we'll be away next week, I enjoyed winding up local Evertonians prior to the cup games in the last couple of years. 3rd time lucky, or doesn't it count for the other lot across Stanley Park?

The camera was elsewhere so we didn't see it, but did see the referee apparently putting the card away in his pocket.

Actually that referee is officiating at Gillingham on Saturday.
The ref wasn't putting his card away he was putting his 'gift' (envelope) away that he had recieved from the Gillingham manager prior to Saturdays game.

I commented after the Oxford game that our style home and away will be counter-attack. Soak up a bit of pressure and hit on the break with quick attacks. It will help against the likes of Sunderland, Ipswich etc....possibly less so when the likes of Shrewsbury put 10 behind the ball, but I have confidence that we have that extra nous in the team to break those types down now
Both George Elek (pundit and Oxford fan) on Saturday and Stuart McCall were complimentary about how well we played the ‘low block’, defending deep, allowing lots of possession before playing on the break. Made famous by the likes of Burnley! If you can score early and execute this well you’re onto a winner.

Interesting feature in the Bradford T&A today stating that Lincoln non-target Jordy Hiwula turned down an approach from Bradford, as did Ian Henderson, Kieran Agard and Nicky Maynard. Men of sound judgement.

I don’t understand lower leagues teams take cup competitions seriously. The law of averages over time will generally lead you to a lucrative tie.

Despite all of our success in getting to League 1 the catalyst and finance has come from the FA Cup, Chekatrade, and now we have had 2x TV appearances in the Carabao Cup. Which has been a much needed bonus in a football environment that has a black hole in finances due to Covid.

Oh dear, memory loss! 😂

What a couple of ties they were. The Main Road return leg was one of my all time favourite away trips. Was fantastic support, even the Man City fans said we were one of the best supported sides in terms of noise that evening.

If we win the League Cup this season we qualify for the new, Europa Conference League next season.
Anyone up for a little jaunt around Europe next season.
Notty and Hully have already booked a twin room together.......that should be fun 😍

Whilst it would be personally unbearable, it would make excellent car-crash "reality" TV. :lol:

Great control from Jones initially in the build up to the fourth and a great touch from Grant for the fifth. Not sure how they managed to leave Morton with that much space, mind!