Match Thread: Bradford City v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bradford City v Lincoln City

Knowing I would be away tested Ifollow on tablet at home & the replays seeming okay didn’t take laptop but maybe holiday cottage WiFi not so great I had to switch to watching on 3 inch phone screen by which time we were already 2-0 up! Still I got the gist of the rest of it.
Coincidentally I was at Stonehenge yesterday, only saw one football shirt, a chap wearing Lincoln special edition kit from last season. Small world isn’t it

Knowing I would be away tested Ifollow on tablet at home & the replays seeming okay didn’t take laptop but maybe holiday cottage WiFi not so great I had to switch to watching on 3 inch phone screen by which time we were already 2-0 up! Still I got the gist of the rest of it.
Coincidentally I was at Stonehenge yesterday, only saw one football shirt, a chap wearing Lincoln special edition kit from last season. Small world isn’t it

Imps fans everywhere!

5-0. we were well in command, a class above Bradford. Much more clinical in front of goal, which is pleasing to see. Defended very well, the second half was almost like a training session, defence v attack, but they were unable to ever do any serious damage. Similar to Saturday, as Oxford were much the same, a lot of possession, but unable to hit the net. who would have thought it..Liverpool at home.

To be fair, a lot of Bradford's possession would have been taking the ball back to the halfway line for kick off! :)

Possession stats really mean nothing. It needs breaking down into areas of possession to give it some context.
The match and Lincoln in possession looked like a well-oiled machine, Bradford in possession looked like a car crash heading towards crashing out of the FL.

Except on the continent, you have to sleep on the right....

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jsr.12594
On the continent you have to sleep on whatever side the EU mandates you to sleep on. There's a whole EU bureaucracy surrounding it with laws, regulations and fines imposed on foreign nationals who disobey the rules regarding where and when you sleep with no recourse to law or any appeal. The EU Court of Retrieving All Patterns of Sleep (CRAP) overrules any UK laws all to the benefit of French and German traditional sleeping methods. We must retake over our sovereign right to sleep how we want and when we want. We didn't build an empire by listening to a bunch of other countries opinions and rules on sleep and we didn't give Hitler a good whacking by producing reams and reams of bureaucracy to control what ordinary British citizens have known for year, that British sleep is the best sleep, the purest sleep, the sleep that any sensible minded, stand up citizen would choose and no-one can persuade me otherwise....

Some of the comments on Bradford's forum are interesting. Some of them cannot believe they have lost to Lincoln, how the mighty have fallen, a disgrace, and so on. But here's the thing: Bradford have only spent 13 of the last 77 seasons outside the lower two divisions. Strange how a few short seasons of success can alter perceptions.

Last edited:
Some of the comments on Bradford's forum are interesting. Some of them cannot believe they have lost to Lincoln, how the mighty have fallen, a disgrace, and so on. But here's the thing: Bradford have only spent 13 of the last 75 seasons outside the lower two divisions. Strange how a few short seasons of success can alter perceptions.

Also I think we have only lost once in the last 11 games to them so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for it to happen.

Some of the comments on Bradford's forum are interesting. Some of them cannot believe they have lost to Lincoln, how the mighty have fallen, a disgrace, and so on. But here's the thing: Bradford have only spent 13 of the last 77 seasons outside the lower two divisions. Strange how a few short seasons of success can alter perceptions.
To be fair they were not expecting to have beaten us although as you would expect they was expecting to make a bit more of a fight of it, looking at most of their score predictions prior to the game confirms that. In the main they seem to be complaining about how poorly they have been managed off and on the pitch and it's their own fault rather than having any right to automatically beat us or be in League 1. Comments around our performance and tactics was complementry and they understood unlike Robinson that having most the posession didn't mean we were lucky. There are also plenty of good comments about how we are a club on the up and have a plan etc.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jsr.12594
On the continent you have to sleep on whatever side the EU mandates you to sleep on. There's a whole EU bureaucracy surrounding it with laws, regulations and fines imposed on foreign nationals who disobey the rules regarding where and when you sleep with no recourse to law or any appeal. The EU Court of Retrieving All Patterns of Sleep (CRAP) overrules any UK laws all to the benefit of French and German traditional sleeping methods. We must retake over our sovereign right to sleep how we want and when we want. We didn't build an empire by listening to a bunch of other countries opinions and rules on sleep and we didn't give Hitler a good whacking by producing reams and reams of bureaucracy to control what ordinary British citizens have known for year, that British sleep is the best sleep, the purest sleep, the sleep that any sensible minded, stand up citizen would choose and no-one can persuade me otherwise....

I've corrected the font colour for you; otherwise a pretty accurate assessment Sincilbanks.

I won't gloat regarding a victory v Bradford as in addition to our obvious link I respect how their support has held up and their long history which is all the more impressive when you consider they do (whether their fans admit to it or not) live next door to Leeds and all the hype that brings.

What I would say is that result puts into perspective just how far we have come in only four years and we should all be delighted and astonished in equal measure.

I won't gloat regarding a victory v Bradford as in addition to our obvious link I respect how their support has held up

I think the only reason their support has held up is because they are virtually letting the fans in for naff all and have done for a few seasons.
Adult/Senior £6.52 per match
Students £4.35 per match
Under 11 £1.09 per match

I think the only reason their support has held up is because they are virtually letting the fans in for naff all and have done for a few seasons.
Adult/Senior £6.52 per match
Students £4.35 per match
Under 11 £1.09 per match

Well actually fair play to them if that's the case.
Maybe if the salary cap idea persists, then those clubs who get the much bigger crowds might price their tickets similarly instead of filling up club coffers with money their loyal supporters can ill afford.