Match Thread: Boro Vs Forest, Sponsored by Silva's Appendix | Vital Football

Match Thread: Boro Vs Forest, Sponsored by Silva's Appendix

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
Pared down Fred because it's been a bloody busy day.

Middlesbrough is spelled wrong. It should be Middlesborough. This annoys me.

Their team will look something like this;

Screenshot_20200302-184401_Samsung Internet.jpg
But they have also been using 4-2-3-1. Fletcher may well be out. Ayala and Roberts are out. Friend might be out.

They have a big defensive crisis.

Their strengths and weaknesses;

Screenshot_20200302-184335_Samsung Internet.jpg
They may not play how we want them to. So we need to get that goal. They were poor against Leeds and are suffering with injuries.

Their form is shite;
Screenshot_20200302-184439_Samsung Internet.jpg
This is not easy by any means but we will be kicking ourselves if we don't get a 9th away win tonight

Then again, no Sow for us.

Yates and Semedo start so we'll be absolutely shite and unable to string three passes together until SL wakes up and drags at least one of them off.

I would think he learned his lesson on that against Wednesday and Wigan, but clearly not

Carvalho still can't buy a place in the first 11

Cant believe Yates is starting again. Does sabri want to lose these games or what.

I think should cut losses with sow in summer. Hes another hobbs/fryatt

Then again, no Sow for us.

Yates and Semedo start so we'll be absolutely shite and unable to string three passes together until SL wakes up and drags at least one of them off.

I would think he learned his lesson on that against Wednesday and Wigan, but clearly not

Carvalho still can't buy a place in the first 11

Baffling isn’t it

Unbelievable on Yates! Shocking player. The best we can hope for is 0-0 until the hour mark when he removes Yates and plays Carvalho

I literally roll my eyes when I see both of them on the field together.

Just about every dreadful midfield performance we have seen has featured the two of them together; including, I think, the collapse at home to Boro where I believe both were brought on and we couldn't muster a single attack afterwards.

One or the other is ok, bit for some reason together they tend to make our midfield shocking.

Some worrying selections, Semedo and Yates. Middlesbrough (I thought it was spelled that way) have some good players and have massively underachieved. A bit concerned.

Our old nemesis Gestede starts for them. Didn't even know he played for them.

I am worried after that selection. Feels like we have shot ourselves in the foot before we even started

It shows how limited our options are. Practically we r playing with same 14 players...all season, at least the defence is a strong one.

Bostock made the bench we must be getting low on players, I'd also have preferred carvhallo to start over Yates as we've basically 3 more defensive cm. Yates needs a good game, he's not brilliant but he's not totally shocking either.

Carvalho should just pack it in
If the boy cannot even start with Sow nd Silva out I dont know how the crowd still consider him as some sort of Messiah. Maybe he will get a chance in one of the coming home games, unless Sow makes a miraculous come back.

Not 1 addition from January starts
Maybe Diachaby will come in at some point to replace Ameobi ... then Walker will replace or Yates or Semedo if we r not winning nd Carvalho will get the last 10 minutes instead one of the remaining Yates or Semedo... usual drill

Sabri likes everyone to put themselves about and help defend as a unit, carvhallo isn't that type of player I think he will keep it like this until the hour and if we need to get a goal carvhallo comes in.

Maybe Diachaby will come in at some point to replace Ameobi ... then Walker will replace or Yates or Semedo if we r not winning nd Carvalho will get the last 10 minutes instead one of the remaining Yates or Semedo... usual drill
I hope diakhaby is nowhere near the field today, and Yates is awful.