Match Thread: Bolton Vs Forest Sponsored by the Grim Reaper | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bolton Vs Forest Sponsored by the Grim Reaper

I don't grudge Bolton staying up. They beat us to stay up.

We did that to Ipswich to stay up. Skin of teeth stuff.

Forest back to the old sucker punch gifting side of recent years.

The cull begins next week. It will be a bloodbath for the defence and up front...the midfield too. It won't be pretty.

SA.

Kapino been sussed? Doesn't command or organise defence..?

Watson maybe not having his best game but when he and Bridcutt went off the ram shackle defence couldn't cope...and we seemed like we were being (over) ran through in midfield.

SA.
Its taking off Bridcutt...that was the mistake ...so leave Brereton on nd bring off Bridcutt !! Genius ...Bridcutt was a livewire...he was even harassing defenders in the Bolton box...even Brereton couldnt see to go out...he was heading to the bench...!!!... meaningless game...but i want to win every game...so pissed off...

Bolton were crap and we couldn't put them to the sword.

We were gambled and gamed to a last minute collapse.

No coincidence that it happens as we lose Bridcutt and Watson in midfield...which exposes that defence. Karanka will have to hold his hand up for those changes.

SA.

Its taking off Bridcutt...that was the mistake ...so leave Brereton on nd bring off Bridcutt !! Genius ...Bridcutt was a livewire...he was even harassing defenders in the Bolton box...even Brereton couldnt see to go out...he was heading to the bench...!!!... meaningless game...but i want to win every game...so pissed off...

Yep. I'm fuming about the last minute collapse. That long standing CM problem solved then you take off the two key CMs...that were holding the team together.

Bridcutt has a definite Contribution to make - a player to keep. It was unnecessary to bringing him off. Undid us.

SA.

If Karanka has a fraction of the anger I feel then half the squad will be clearing their lockers.

Losing the game when you are winning with 4 minutes to go is totally unacceptable. I don care who you are playing, whether it is Barcelona or Bolton- you get that far, you bloody well finish it. Our defence is utterly pathetic.

Well done to Bolton and I'm happy for them, but I didn't want to be part of someone else's magical staying up story just because we lack basic competence.

2 points better off than last year.

It's been an atrocious season that started with some of the worst summer recruitment we have seen, followed by a season littered with incompetence, terrible defending and reliance on the goals of prima Donna arseholes who haven't the mentality to do a full season.

There are so many players I never, ever want to see again.

We have come on leaps and bounds this season. Leaps forward, followed by bounds backward.
Overall very, very disappointed.
I feel we have not progressed in any significant way.
Not looking forward to next season because I expect something similar and someone else in charge of the leaps and the bounds this time next year.

Odd substitutions again, that aside meh. Nothing game, we already knew our shortcomings. Some mediocre recruitment over the summer and January can't gloss over them.

Dont know if anyone else noticed this, but Boltons bloody mascot thing behaves outrageously. At one point today, we were about to take a free kick, and it was pointing, gesticculating, saying the kick was in the wrong place, on another occasion, a Forest player went down injured, and it was taking the piss by throwing itself to the ground implying that the Forest player was play acting. Generally, it patrols the whole side of the pitch behaving like its the 4th official. At one point, a Forest player threw an empty water bottle at it in annoyance.

Dont know if anyone else noticed this, but Boltons bloody mascot thing behaves outrageously. At one point today, we were about to take a free kick, and it was pointing, gesticculating, saying the kick was in the wrong place, on another occasion, a Forest player went down injured, and it was taking the piss by throwing itself to the ground implying that the Forest player was play acting. Generally, it patrols the whole side of the pitch behaving like its the 4th official. At one point, a Forest player threw an empty water bottle at it in annoyance.
It was Ozzy...

Sounded an entertaining game, with Forest clearly not on the beach, but maybe going too gung-ho when 2-1 up.

Nice to not be in Bolton's position this season.

Massive improvement needed next year, but I feel we have the right people in place to produce it. Let's wait and see.

A friend of mine is a mascot for Valletta FC in Malta , a lion I think.
He reckons he constantly tries to wind up opposition teams .
He's come up against Scandinavian teams in the past who he said were really polite whilst Red Star Belgrade fans were not too keen on his antics .:LOL:

Benny Osborn..Lolly, maybe Fox and our Right back that I always have trouble pronouncing....get my vote yesterday....the rest need a kick up the backside