Match Thread: Blades Vs Forest sponsored by the latest next manager thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blades Vs Forest sponsored by the latest next manager thread

I want stability as much as you all do. However, I cannot understand why folk are willing to allow MON to continue dragging us back down the league.
He has lost, what 50% of his games in charge?
Tactically inept and a brand of football that is ugly and just not good enough.
The players look bereft of confidence and just not interested.
I would imagine things aren't too rosy in the dressing room and in the boardroom.
MON is the latest legend to fail.
Perhaps 15 years ago but certainly not now.
I didn't want MON but was willing to give him a chance, I even started to believe after we beat Derby.
But no, the football has got worse and we look one dimensional and it's awful to watch.
We took several large steps forward under AK but we are now going backwards at a gathering pace.
We need to admit failure and dispense with MON's services.
Sorry guys, but he has to go. And now.

I am not of the breed that seeks to sack the manager after 10-15 games. He/She has to play all the players in the squad to know if they are able. They also need to know who has character when chips are down and those that blow at the first sign.

Interesting that Robinson hasn't got position back since being suspended. Defence can not be built around Bene, as his discipline is always capable of having us finish with 10 men. Yates is comfortable being box to box work horse but not a right winger or play off striker. Colback can play as left back cover. Jacob can do a good job in Centre midfield. Carvalho can't tackle and is pushed off the ball to easy. Cash can't stay on his feet with a defender up his back. Grabban can't play loan striker. Heads go down after a goal and are vulnerable for another for next 15 mins. Pants does not like shots at ankle level or crosses in 6 yard box. Also can't kick.

QUOTE]- At the beginning of the season we were hard to beat and I felt comfortable that we would at least get a draw.Now we are bereft of confidence,unlikely to score and too easily collapse when things go against us.Apart from that things aren't too bad chaps!

We did take a few large steps under AK but we were still poor in places. We leaked goals every time the ball came in to the box and had a huge expensive squad. Defence was static, old and couldn't defend. A midfield that was soft even with two defensive midfielders.

I agree the football under MON is awful but he has to be given a chance. None of the players were his choice. He has given debuts to two academy players (Yates and Appiah) and has tried several unusual set ups. OK some of us Forest supporters already knew but he had too see it with his own eyes. Murphy too slow, Grabban not a target, Watson off pace etc.

Don't put all the blame on the manager. Some of the players are just not good enough. We spent the last three seasons fighting off relegation for a reason. We never were good enough. Changing manager just means the new man has to find out all those lessons for themselves. First 15 games of next season wasted. Do you really want to see Watson struggling in midfield again???

First job get rid of about 12/15 players. Then buy 4/5 big improvements. First team players not squad players. You do not make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

It was a poor choice with the away we have to appoint Mon, total opposite style to the players we have which means a squad overhaul. We were on the shoulders of the top 6 with ak, a few additions in January we may still be in the mix. Would it be better to find a manager who would be better suited with the squad we have to come in, they can tweak the squad rather than butcher it to get moving forward again? Also who wants to watch this brand of football week after week, it's hideous next to no attacking just trying to hold off the other team hoping to nick a goal and win 1-0?

I am not of the breed that seeks to sack the manager after 10-15 games. He/She has to play all the players in the squad to know if they are able. They also need to know who has character when chips are down and those that blow at the first sign.

Interesting that Robinson hasn't got position back since being suspended. Defence can not be built around Bene, as his discipline is always capable of having us finish with 10 men. Yates is comfortable being box to box work horse but not a right winger or play off striker. Colback can play as left back cover. Jacob can do a good job in Centre midfield. Carvalho can't tackle and is pushed off the ball to easy. Cash can't stay on his feet with a defender up his back. Grabban can't play loan striker. Heads go down after a goal and are vulnerable for another for next 15 mins. Pants does not like shots at ankle level or crosses in 6 yard box. Also can't kick.

3 games to go. Lessons have been learnt. Time now to start building some confidence for next season. A few wins and an away win will do nicely. Not sure it will happen though. I think Mon/RK will have these three games and the first 10 of next season to show some direction/improvement.

Can't see money men giving free hand. Decisions over who to buy will be with the men behind closed doors.
If we give Coco and It the first ten games of the season. That will mean he has had the close season to get rid of any creative players we have, and bring in some bruisers that no new manager will want, and we’ll have to start again, meaning the end of yet another season.
They should both bite the bullet now and stick to punditry, because that’s the only thing they’re half decent at.

We did take a few large steps under AK but we were still poor in places. We leaked goals every time the ball came in to the box and had a huge expensive squad. Defence was static, old and couldn't defend. A midfield that was soft even with two defensive midfielders.

I agree the football under MON is awful but he has to be given a chance. None of the players were his choice. He has given debuts to two academy players (Yates and Appiah) and has tried several unusual set ups. OK some of us Forest supporters already knew but he had too see it with his own eyes. Murphy too slow, Grabban not a target, Watson off pace etc.

Don't put all the blame on the manager. Some of the players are just not good enough. We spent the last three seasons fighting off relegation for a reason. We never were good enough. Changing manager just means the new man has to find out all those lessons for themselves. First 15 games of next season wasted. Do you really want to see Watson struggling in midfield again???

First job get rid of about 12/15 players. Then buy 4/5 big improvements. First team players not squad players. You do not make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
Can’t have it both ways, Polly. First you want to give Coco the first ten games, then you say a new manager will waste the first fifteen. By that logic, that means the first 25 are wasted, then we really are in the shit.

Rather not watch our talented players leave and 'athletes' brought in to replace them.

Lee Tomlin made more of an impact than that waster Carvalho. What a waste of £13m.

Absolute rubbish

Carvalho is 21 and has done very well in his first season in a new country. Not like he has had much chance to build on his first half of the season is it?

Carvalho has done very little (if anything) in a Forest shirt.

Oh, but he's got 4 goals and a few assists.

Raddy and McGugan would score 4 goals in a week.

Carvalho is a loser. :loser:

Would they really?

When was that then?

Lewis McGugan- 40 goals in 202, some of them in L1- 0.19 goals per game

Raddy Majewski- 19 goals in 162 games- 0.11 goals per game

4 goals, 6 assists in a disjointed season in a new country, new language and at 21

Well worth the £13m.

It's a 5 year contract and he is 21

I take it all back, Pope. ;)

Let's hope Carvalho keeps it up. :coolio: