Match Thread: Blades Vs Forest sponsored by the latest next manager thread | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blades Vs Forest sponsored by the latest next manager thread

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
We are playing Sheffield United Away tomorrow.

Forest are going for their fourth defeat in a row (first time since Montanier) and a 7th away defeat in the 13 games it will be since we last won away in November.

Sheffield United will take one look at our likely team, our away record, our form and our squad's level of motivation and conclude that this is exactly the kind of home banker they should be winning at a canter.

And they probably will.

BUT Billy Sharp is out. Sharp loves scoring against us traditionally and you usually just start the score at 0-1 to take account of his obligatory goal. So we are already a goal up by starting at 0-0. There's positivity for you

John Egan, a CH is out for them. I don't know anything about him other than he is better than Wague. Makes no difference as forest are shite at scoring so even when we do bother their defence, we'll miss the target

Some bloke called Joao Carvalho is out with concussion for forest after smashing his head against a brick wall repeatedly in training. This will have no effect whatsoever on forest's chances because the manager thinks he's shit.

We haven't won at Bramell Lane since April 2004, when we came away with a win under Joe Kinnear (I was there!!)

Of our last 13 good Friday matches, we have lost 10 of them. That's utterly pathetic.

Sheffield United are 3 points behind Leeds, who have a home banker against a poor Wigan side. Blades desperately need these points for the promotion race is pretty much over. Forest secured safety ages ago and just need these minutes of football to be over so the players can all seek employment at better clubs.

This should be a routine 3-0 win for the home side.

Psychologically it's tough because we don't give a shit and this is do or die for them. They are under pressure and we are not. They may make mistakes they wouldn't otherwise make (the kind that we make every week). If we hold 0-0 for a while we could get some joy from that

Of course, we might let them score early on, which will completely settle their nerves and allow them to play with their usual confidence and turn us over easily.

Based on what I have seen recently, I would say that is more likely

Should be a nice day for the weather though.

Well done Pope, good post. I disagree with one thing; we do give a shit, or at least we should do otherwise we shouldn’t be playing.

This is where a manager should earn his money. It’s his job to filter out the players that aren’t motivated and instil pride in playing for Forest. Which of you cares? We need to know that for next season.

Look at the support we still have at Forest; 15k have renewed their cards already. This is still a big club, a once proud, famous club. The players need reminding of that. Who wants to be part of a team pushing for the PL next season?

Yes the odds are against it, and I’m not holding my breath, but this is just the sort of game where we could spring a surprise (a bit like WBA which I went to - but for a terrible decision we would have won). We shouldn’t think we’re on a loser before a ball is kicked.

I wouldn’t tolerate anything less than 100%. I wish I was doing the team talk.

Cheers Pope but what do you mean might? We are practically guaranteed to give them an early goal.

Worth mentioning as well that Colback is on 14 yellow cards, so his next one ends his season.

Do they carry over?

As it may be in his personal interests to pick that card up tomorrow

Wouldn't be surprised if he did get a booking, get off on holiday a bit early.

Is this on sky, or is it that red button jazz?

Forest fan and former Arnold resident Kieron Freeman & the Irish Nottingham born David McGoldrick lining up for the Blunts as well with something to prove.

Despite them spending about a third of our budget having “Dids” in their lineup & generally being a bunch of no mark inbreds these c**ts will absolutely roll us over.

Dowell is also having his half good season at the right as he’s loaned from Everton as well.

Sad indictment of where we are that these hoofing wankers have become a rival & that for once they are actually better than us & it’s us that leave a foot in, lead with an elbow make no attempt at football, would be quite funny if we beat them at their own game but it’d be a hollow victory & to make matters worse would leave the door open for dirty Leeds.

There is an argument as to whether this one is even in our long term interests to win.

I know we always want to win and it would be great to have a say in the promotion race, but the consequences of us winning or even drawing this are:

A) absolutely none for our season- the points do nothing for us

B) we become effective kingmakers for Leeds, who will be effectively promoted from any points we take from blades today

C) it complicates the managerial situation here, whereas 4 straight defeats (which could easily become six) are pretty straightforward in terms of what needs to happen.

That's why I of course want us to win, but won't be crying when inevitably we get mullered

In the latest addition of Martin Makes It Up, please see team below;

Pantillimon
Byram
Wague
Benalouane
Colback

Yates
Pele
Yacob

Cash
Lolley

Murphy

He's looking to be sacked off early and retire, colback lb when Robinson is fit, no carvhallo, Murphy starting and 3 holding player in a game we've nothing to lose. Looking forward to this one.

So glad I decided not to go to this one.

At best that side seems designed to stifle the opposition for a draw but there is nothing about that side that would make me want to watch.

He's looking to be sacked off early and retire, colback lb when Robinson is fit, no carvhallo, Murphy starting and 3 holding player in a game we've nothing to lose. Looking forward to this one.
Carvalho is not available- he has concussion