Match Thread Blackpool v Stoke City | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread Blackpool v Stoke City

Sounds like we got what we deserved. Didn't press them enough and made schoolboy errors even though their winner was a very jammy goal.

Never mind, regroup and onto the next. The sooner we get Lavery back the better imho.

Disappointed with tonight.
Missed 2 great chances First half they were on 5 yellows by half time.
For me the sub at half time should have been made. Carey off Bowler on Mitchell to the left Keshi behind Yates Bowler on the right.
We ended up hoof ball and fell in to their trap. We should have been running at them enticing the fouls.
Our set piece delivery was shown up tonight. Their crmrs freekicks were so much better on their delivery than ours.
Not our night disappointing because at half time I could only see us winning.
First goal was the killer

It pains me to say that Stoke were a different side in the second half, they were the better side overall and deserve their win. Our luck ran out tonight. However, we played some good football in parts and It still looks promising for us.

Sounds like we got what we deserved. Didn't press them enough and made schoolboy errors even though their winner was a very jammy goal.

Never mind, regroup and onto the next. The sooner we get Lavery back the better imho.

Bowler is no doubt an impact player, but he should have been introduced sooner, that would have eliminated most of that central play Stoke love. I'm sorry to say we fell right into their hands. No good trying to beat Stoke down the middle, they will get to them forward crosses every time.

Neil Critchley lamented a lapse in concentration that cost his side a point at home to Stoke City.

The Seasiders’ Head Coach felt there was nothing to really separate the teams in a tight encounter at Bloomfield Road, however Steven Fletcher’s close-range effort left Blackpool tasting defeat.

“There was nothing in the game. It was a fine line, as you find on a regular basis in this league. There’s a very fine line between winning and losing,” Critchley said.

“I thought we were very good first-half, I thought we were the better team and played some really good football, controlled the game and had one or two good opportunities.

“In the second-half, I thought Stoke improved and were better but, in truth, the game should have been 0-0 in my opinion.

“The goal that we gave away is a really poor goal to give away. It was a lapse in concentration. That’s what has cost us the game.”

Pool also finished the match with a number of injury concerns to contend with, having lost Richard Keogh in the 16th minute and finished the game with 10 men when Luke Garbutt was forced off.

“Richard just felt his calf a little bit. Hopefully, with him coming off straight, it won’t be too serious,” Critchley explained.

“We’ll also have to look at Garbs, plus Keshi is limping around a bit. We’ve got a few bruises tonight, I’m afraid.”

I think we suffered after Keogh went off, it changed our defensive shape and we lost his ability to pick out some great long passes which can bypass the opponents midfield.