Match Thread Blackpool v Oxford United | Vital Football

Match Thread Blackpool v Oxford United

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Demetri Mitchell starts for Blackpool tonight, as the Seasiders make just the one change for their play-off semi-final, second leg against Oxford United.

The 24-year-old comes into the side in place of Keshi Anderson, who drops down to the bench.

Luke Garbutt has recovered from a back injury in time to retain his place in the line-up.

out.stream powered by ADITION

Team: Maxwell, Turton, Ballard, Husband, Garbutt, Stewart, Dougall, Mitchell, Embleton, Simms, Yates

Subs: Moore, Gabriel, Thorniley, Ekpiteta, Robson, Anderson, Madine

No where as nervous as Tuesday but know this isn’t over yet.

Hopefully we can get an early goal and effectively kill the tie early doors.

Enjoy to all those who are going, and if you see someone at the end about to run on the pitch tell them not to be a dick head.

I wonder if Oxford will not take the knee again & what reception it gets from the Bloomfield Road faithful.

Let’s do this ‘Pool 🍊

HT 2-1 (5-1)

Possesion 42/58
Shots 8/5
On Target3/1
Corners 6/1

An excellent half. We flew out of the traps but, against the run of play, OX scored from an uncleared ball in the box on 7 minutes . But on 11 minutes Embleton took a pass just inside their half ran to joust outside the box and scored a worldy - a la Parker at Wembley. Two minutes later a Pool corner got our second goal. An amazing header by Ballard followed by a tap in for Dugall. We deserve to be ahead can't see anything but 'Wembley' for us!

Watching live on Foxtel here in Oz! Good first half Pool and what a cracking goal from Embleton! When Oxford scored first I admit that I got nervous but I've calmed down now.
I need to make three comments though....

Husband - Get your hair cut, that ponytail looks ridiculous
Garbutt - Take that headband off; it looks like you're wearing Bluetooth sleep phones..
Dougall - Get your roots recoloured lad

Thanks.

The standard of refereeing leaves a lot to be desired. Maxwell got booked for nothing. Wouldn't surprise me if he sends a Pool player off. UTMP