Match Thread Blackpool v MKD | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread Blackpool v MKD

Just all looks very static in the final third they're all wanting the ball to fall for them without making any movement I think the defence looked ok just lacking a bit of creativity but winning breeds confidence so lets hope we try to be braver. At times we looked devoid of confidence at one point Hamilton had a simple pass to make to Kaikai and ended up passing to an MK Dons player is it any wonder he can't cross.
Glad to see Kaikai back he's a massive influence on the team, hope he stays fit we went downhill last season after his injury.

Just all looks very static in the final third they're all wanting the ball to fall for them without making any movement I think the defence looked ok just lacking a bit of creativity but winning breeds confidence so lets hope we try to be braver. At times we looked devoid of confidence at one point Hamilton had a simple pass to make to Kaikai and ended up passing to an MK Dons player is it any wonder he can't cross.
Glad to see Kaikai back he's a massive influence on the team, hope he stays fit we went downhill last season after his injury.

i feel like the movement is there though, just no one far enough up the pitch to play the pass

I'm not sure how much confidence can really be gained from robotic nothingness really. Both teams combined to make it a real toil to watch today, albeit a harmless one. Just glad that Kaikai hesitated for just a split second as CJ put the ball across goal and lost his man. Or else it's 0-0, a point each and 90 minutes that none of us get back.

Critchley has tried to sell it afterwards as MK being best team he's faced but that's only because he gets clearly gets a lob on over possession and passing stats so it was right up his street.

I'm not sure how much confidence can really be gained from robotic nothingness really. Both teams combined to make it a real toil to watch today, albeit a harmless one. Just glad that Kaikai hesitated for just a split second as CJ put the ball across goal and lost his man. Or else it's 0-0, a point each and 90 minutes that none of us get back.

Critchley has tried to sell it afterwards as MK being best team he's faced but that's only because he gets clearly gets a lob on over possession and passing stats so it was right up his street.
That's not what NC said after the game (and I've watched his interview).

At least we scraped a win and had a degree of shape and intent in the second half. Not an advert for good football and even though MK were poor they still had more possession and shots than us. A lot more needs to be done

Sorry wrong choice of word, was off the Gazette report I saw earlier. Best team he's seen this season. Which is understandable if all you're interested in is possession off mainly harmless passing. Not for me though. I couldn't see what MK were trying to achieve really, unless their plan was to swap the front two and try for one clear chance to score near the end and hoping it'd fall to Cameron Jerome.

“They’re an excellent football team. We’ve watched a lot of their games this season and in terms of the way they play and their style of play, they’re the best team I’ve seen."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...sive-work-crucial-win-against-mk-dons-3014249

I'm mostly relieved we got a win. Confidence comes as we know from results. I think we now have the back four sorted for the next part of the season and this stability will help the whole team.
Thought Yates deserved a mention. His work rate we all know is phenomenal but he got into great positions, in space and to be open on goal and the service to him was way too poor.

Felt a bit sorry for Yates when he got through second half then couldn't control his feet and cannoned the ball off his own shin. Still tried to make something of it but you can see how the set up has downed him so far.

Phew! Is all I can say about that...

Football is a game of percentages and the more chances you can create, the more goals and subsequently more victories will occur.

Last edited:
Thought we were the better side in a pretty poor game between two sides low on confidence. We were certainly the more threatening; like a poster above said, MK Dons could still be out there passing until midnight and not score.

It was a poor game, but I have to disagree with you again. Three of us sat and watched it and we all came to the same conclusion. Apart from a 10 minute spell and KaiKai's goal we were very poor. Our central defence is looking a lot better though, it has to be said. Overall, M K Dons looked the better side and did look a threat going forward, perhaps the goal and the win has fogged your judgements ?
Like you say Abel, we're all entitled to our opinions.
It matters none though, we won.

It was a poor game, but I have to disagree with you again. Three of us sat and watched it and we all came to the same conclusion. Apart from a 10 minute spell and KaiKai's goal we were very poor. Our central defence is looking a lot better though, it has to be said. Overall, M K Dons looked the better side and did look a threat going forward, perhaps the goal and the win has fogged your judgements ?
Like you say Abel, we're all entitled to our opinions.
It matters none though, we won.
I didn’t see MK as any threat at all - no shots on target, no breakaways with last ditch tackles. They had a lot of the ball but we always looked comfortable when they had it.

We were lacking quality up front, but has the most chances and looked the most dangerous

Yeah thought MK just farted about too much, and as above, could see why Critchley is wowed by their approach to football matches for that side of it. A harmless waste of a 3-5-2 really when in theory they had the midfield majority.

I was willing them on to have a go to see if our new centre half partners could stand up aerially and on the floor at one point as it dragged on, but they just sort of kept themselves to themselves. Still apologising for being a club! Just a couple of silly fouls drew when they attacked down their known slightly stronger left hand side first half, and then the underlying feeling so far that we could be loose on marking at free kicks and corners against anyone. Ref and a split second sort of saved us on not playing that advantage at the end when they did get through after Ekpiteta's foul on Jerome but that was it really.

We had a Kaikai who just timed his movement on the centre from CJ, and they didn't. And we'll take that for now, really. At least he showed something too because as we said pre-match when he's not the centre of attention you never know what you're going to get from him mentally. He'll be due six weeks off now!

Arsenal website showed the following stats for Ballard from yesterday:

Ballard had another busy game, making eight clearances, two tackles, and blocking two shots without committing a foul or letting anyone dribble past him. He won all four of his individual duels and completed 33 of 42 passes.

Arsenal website showed the following stats for Ballard from yesterday:

Ballard had another busy game, making eight clearances, two tackles, and blocking two shots without committing a foul or letting anyone dribble past him. He won all four of his individual duels and completed 33 of 42 passes.
tangerinetomo likes your stats mate.

I didn’t see MK as any threat at all - no shots on target, no breakaways with last ditch tackles. They had a lot of the ball but we always looked comfortable when they had it.

We were lacking quality up front, but has the most chances and looked the most dangerous

Yeah thought MK just farted about too much, and as above, could see why Critchley is wowed by their approach to football matches for that side of it. A harmless waste of a 3-5-2 really when in theory they had the midfield majority.

I was willing them on to have a go to see if our new centre half partners could stand up aerially and on the floor at one point as it dragged on, but they just sort of kept themselves to themselves. Still apologising for being a club! Just a couple of silly fouls drew when they attacked down their known slightly stronger left hand side first half, and then the underlying feeling so far that we could be loose on marking at free kicks and corners against anyone. Ref and a split second sort of saved us on not playing that advantage at the end when they did get through after Ekpiteta's foul on Jerome but that was it really.

We had a Kaikai who just timed his movement on the centre from CJ, and they didn't. And we'll take that for now, really. At least he showed something too because as we said pre-match when he's not the centre of attention you never know what you're going to get from him mentally. He'll be due six weeks off now!

Good honest post pool, When I saw the starting line up I had a positive feeling. KaiKai took his goal very well and that should be an example to the others. Had it of not been for that and a generally good defence, we would be looking at this game a lot differently,

I thought they defended well. Other than the goal there were two or three opportunities similar to get the ball past the last defender for an unmarked pool player