Match Thread: Blackpool v Lincoln City | Page 27 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blackpool v Lincoln City

Hope roughan is not injured. If it was a tactical swap, credit to Appleton. And credit to Edun and the rest for snuffing out Hamilton completely after about five minutes of the second half.
get it to Hamilton seemed their only tactic.
whereas our threat increased as the game went on. Very impressed with Brennan j

About that 14/5 bet on us :wahey:
20201003_171929.jpg
Special mention to Jorge Grant, thanks for losing your head for 30 seconds and chasing their lad across the pitch. MOM :thumbup:

What an unbelievable finish to a game.

I was stuck with commentary only (thanks to whoever pointed out it was online!), but what a fantastic listen. We definitely didn't deserve to lose so a fantastic turnaround.

This is the highest league position I've ever witnessed lincoln reach!

Hope roughan is not injured. If it was a tactical swap, credit to Appleton. And credit to Edun and the rest for snuffing out Hamilton completely after about five minutes of the second half.
get it to Hamilton seemed their only tactic.
I think that is exactly right - MA spotted a problem with Hamilton and made the move to snuff it out. Sean Roughan is a great prospect, but will sometimes be up against a player who is better than he is for now.

A fantastic win. Best way to win a game of football too. Great fightback overcoming the ghost of last year’s defeat. Appleton is not so quietly building something special.

Brennan Johnson the real deal. Lewis Montsma is gorgeous.

What an unbelievable finish to a game.

I was stuck with commentary only (thanks to whoever pointed out it was online!), but what a fantastic listen. We definitely didn't deserve to lose so a fantastic turnaround.

This is the highest league position I've ever witnessed lincoln reach!
Us Imps were equally ecstatic when Murph's team were top of the third tier. This time the board is with us too.

I would like to go 4-4-2. Bring Anderson on, get Johnson closer to Hopper and stop him having to defend. Not much chance of that though
Oh me of little faith!
Thought the substitutions made the difference.
Edun is obviously not a natural fullback but did well to cut down the threat from Hamilton. Hamilton has always impressed me so good for him he has a half decent side now
Not sure if it was because of fitness but their subs made them worse

I suppose on balance a draw might have been a fair result, and some might point to us only scoring from dead ball situations, but quite apart from the fact Johnson might have scored when he was brought down for the second penalty, we did have good scoring opportunities from him in the first half and Hopper in the second.

Apart from winning the penalties, when Johnson did get the ball in the box a couple of times he perhaps might have done better.

I agree with Steve Thompson about Bridcutt - giving the first goal away was just about the only thing he did wrong, and when we nearly presented Blackpool with another goal when it was 2-2 he was the one who rescued the situation .

I thought both substitutes did excellently, with Edun mostly nullifying the threat from Hamilton - it was only when he went through the middle against Jackson that he nearly scored.

Montsma gets the headlines again! I thought at the time Blackpool were giving him half an hour to score at the far post, but looking at it again, he created all the time for himself.