Match Thread: Blackburn Vs Forest sponsored by the by Bradley Dack's legal team | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Blackburn Vs Forest sponsored by the by Bradley Dack's legal team

Didn't fancy our chances today against a team who seem to be following the well worn path of consecutive promotions so happy with point. Although prepared to bow down to any negative reviews of any fans who travelled to deepest Lancs.

We need to start winning away if we’re serious about promotion? Are you? Well are you? We’ve played better, we’ve played worse.

A real topsy turvy game. Really swung on our poor defending. Sounds like we did enough to win and made mistakes enough to lose.

Four goals in the last three games for Grabban though

Good away point at a ground where we have had some shockers over the years.

Always a shame not to go on and win when we're ahead but Blackburn are no mugs. I thought we'd lose after missing the early pen.

As others have said, bank it and move on. The fact that the players were unhappy at the final whistle with an away point is not a bad thing either!

Defence sounded dodgy - Janko and Hefele reduced to mortal status?

But Dack and Graham must be among the better strikers in this division, so I'm happy enough with a point and a strong finish - sounded like we were close to a winner a couple of times at the death.

And nothing wrong with an exciting end to end game of football.

A game that could have gone eighter way ...but I feel that we lost another two points here. Blackburn dont have much quality apart from that Dunk (he single handedly kept them in the game). They pressed us high up the filled and we suffered. We played their game by playing high balls ourselves (I dont think we won one clearance from the back). Panti made a really two good saves, but their first goal should have never gone in, and that was the goal that kept them in the game. By that time we were winning, and they didnt even had one central defender on the park (so we just needed to move another player closer to the Grabs and play it on the floor). We started the day in 9th and we finished it in 11th (when at one point we were 5th).
WBA are first now, probably they will do a Newcastle now and romp the league, so another spot for autos but for the play off places its a different story.
If I have to judge the players individually today, I can say that without a doubt our best player today was Lolley, Colback also had a decent game. Average performances from the back four (maybe a bit more Robinson who also played well). jank is good at going forward but most of their danger was coming from his side as he was caught further up the field.
Gueddy, so and so; was bad in the first half but improved in the second (missed a good chance at the end).
The Grabs; yes he scored two goals (one of which a peno), but still not there yet, but had some guts to come up for the second peno after missing the first one.
Cash was poor today, their defender never gave him a chance, should have been subbed earlier. The Carv, moments of quality, but goes in and out of the game too much, hope his contribution during the 90 minutes is more than what he is doing right now (no better than Dowell of early last season).
Ozzy wet in well, his contribution going forward especially, was immediate, his pass to Lolley was superb.
All in all, i take the point, that makes it 8 from four games, we must win on Wednesday now, so we can approach the Boro game were a draw would be a good result. failing to win on Wednesday, i guess we will be losing more ground on those above us.

Started well ..missed a penalty ...nd this is the second penalty miss from the Grabs...from then onwards all Blackburn. It is Brentford all over again...Blackburn dont have much individual quality but they r pressing us high nd not letting us pass the ball , cant understand why we keep playing high balls as we r loosing them all...physically Blackburn r stronger mych stronger...not a game for the Carv...i will aee Ozzy coming on shortly...even Cash is struggling...Janko a bit dodgy when defending...we r suffering from his side...even the Heffe...we got away with two syicide passes to Fix already...Blackburn r just not giving us time on the ball...something need to be done as I dont see them keep missing more chances like tgey did so far .

U wot?

Actually find Malta red's analysis pretty fair once I correct the typos. Suspect he was watching a stream while I was merely listening to the radio. Not sure how the wind affected things.

Cashs form has started to dip unfortunately I thought he was poor again today.

Blackburn were dirty and physical. Another match unbeaten so can't complain in the scheme of things.

We need to start winning away if we’re serious about promotion? Are you? Well are you? We’ve played better, we’ve played worse.

Think that's true for automatic promotion but win at home, draw away will see us in the play offs.

Team still gelling and plenty more improvement to come imo

All in all decent days work. Fish cakes on order for weds

Cashs form has started to dip unfortunately I thought he was poor again today.

Blackburn were dirty and physical. Another match unbeaten so can't complain in the scheme of things.

I dont think the switch benefited him or the poor form of the full backs

Ill give them all one off day but if they fail to score ten in the next game then Karanka really must go